bfgIlinalta
1,453 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 1, 17 4:20 PM
Hello Niyanspirit33,

I'm sorry to hear that Midnight Castle isn't opening so it can be played. When something like this occurs, the first thing we recommend is seeing if some of our preliminary troubleshooting steps are able to help quickly resolve that issue. It appears there could be a few things that could help here, so I'd like to provide some steps to try as well as how to contact our Support Team for further assistance.

In this case, I definitely recommend seeing if the steps on the following page are able to assist as sometimes these steps can get a game that isn't starting up to play as normal on a Windows computer:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you would like to reinstall the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) to see if that is able to help resolve this issue, I can also provide the steps on how to do that below:

Reinstall Big Fish Games App (Game Manager)

If those steps don't seem to work, please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful.If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Feb 1, 17 11:30 PM
I really am getting fed up with the problems with this game . I really enjoy playing and have progressed really well , but most days now I have to restart my computer . It either will not connect , or will not load and now it is freezing if I change my wish list or try to receive gifts . Is it time to give up I ask myself and relieve the frustration ?

Edited on 02/19/2017 at 6:42:38 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,295 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 2, 17 3:09 PM
Hi gillydi53,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing freezing issues to where you have to restart your computer. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should. It is highly recommended to ensure that your internet connection is strong. Players have reported that playing close to the router or plugging directly into it helps.

Please also refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps that are specific to the freezing issue you are seeing:

If you continue to have the freezing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and your player ID if you are able to locate it. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in an way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by brianjone on Feb 4, 17 2:47 AM

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 8:01:46 AM PST

keweenaw
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by keweenaw on Feb 4, 17 9:11 AM
I am at level 74 and the Wise Dragon is telling me I can't go anywhere till the new update. Just wondering when or how long till you think it will get developed. Thanks

[Post New]by Heather7NH on Feb 4, 17 5:40 PM
I'm unable to gift several of my good friends; their wish lists don't open when I try to do so. I know they're still active because they are still gifting me, or they were until I stopped reciprocating. How do I fix this?
Also, the unique stamps have been incredibly scarce for the past month or two. I don't think I should have to rely on friends gifting to get through this game. Right now it's not so bad as I'm on level 74 just going round and round collecting keys with no real quests popping up while waiting for the update. Thanks for any help you can offer.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Feb 5, 17 5:21 PM
Hi there,
Odd thing, logged into my game and all of my friends have disappeared. I logged out and came back in after waiting for awhile and it is still just John, no one else. I haven't seen a thread on the main page of the forums so I am guessing it is just mine. Please let me know if this is happening to other people or if there is some quick way of getting my friends back? Thanks!

[Post New]by tyaggie on Feb 6, 17 4:18 PM
I was on level 30 something. Was not in for about a week or so. Logged in today and now it i am level 6 and wrong profile. How do i get back to my game?

bfgPanthalassa
2,241 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 7, 17 9:24 AM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been coming across these issues in the game, and I wanted to stop in here with assistance.

keweenaw, I understand that you have a question about when another update for the game may be added. Though I'd like to be able to answer this myself, the Forum Moderation Team doesn't have access to specific info on when updates will be released. However, I can assure you that we'll be updating the forums when any new content is added to the game, and I encourage keeping an eye on the following thread for announcements on the PC platform:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - December 14, 2016

Heather7NH, it sounds like there's been some trouble gifting friends and gathering Unique Stamps. Regarding people's wishlists, if a friend has an item listed an arrow symbol should appear on the right side of their name in the Social page of the game. If the arrow isn't appearing it's likely that the friend doesn't currently have anything listed, however if tapping on the arrow isn't turning the card over there are some troubleshooting steps we can try.

It may be helpful to try running the game in administrator. Doing this will make sure that Midnight Castle has all of the tools it needs to function properly, and the following help article has some steps for doing this:

Run Game as Administrator

Trying the steps in that help article may also help if a technical glitch is preventing the Unique Stamps from appearing as frequently as before. However, if these problems continue we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, your player ID, and information about how often the Stamps have been showing up. Our Reps have access to tools needed to provide customized assistance, and they'll definitely be happy to help as much as they can. Steps for locating that ID can be found below, if needed:

Finding Your In-Game ID

bfgPanthalassa
2,241 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 7, 17 9:24 AM
We also strongly recommend contacting our Support Team if someone's progress has disappeared or if a different profile is now appearing in the game. In this case, we also ask that you please let our Reps know the player ID that’s currently appearing, as well as the ID or username on your original game.

I do want to mention that, at this time, there isn’t a way for our Support Team to manually restore people’s friends list. If that list isn’t reappearing after closing and opening again you may need to re-add the friends that were previously in the game. Our forums can be a great resource for doing this, and I suggest creating a new thread or posting in the PC Friend Code thread, both of which are great ways to reconnect with friends in the game. I’ve gone ahead and included a link to that Friend Code thread below, if anyone would like to take a look:

PC Friend Codes

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by SallyBmine on Feb 7, 17 4:25 PM
I've been playing this game for quite a while, having reached level 54, with lots of gole and 1400 jewels that I just purchased, This morning when I went to open the game, I got a message saying try later. So I did. When it opened at noon, I was all the way back to level one! I had no-ID, no money, no jewels, no pets! What's going on? Please help. (I play on a PC).

[Post New]by roloson on Feb 7, 17 6:19 PM
level 74 Trina asks for 20 zoom in's can not get any further than 19 no matter many times I try

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 8, 17 7:09 AM
I am unable to refresh or access the MC forum by normal means. There is no complete path in the browser, nor on the forum home page. The website comes up as calivapeking.com. It is not even listed in the Game Forums Home list. I CAN, however access the game and other BFG forums. Even certain pages of the MC forum (like the DQ(old and new) will open but the path above the title of the thread is incomplete...reads Big Fish Games Forums>All Game Forums>

I have tried using Google and Explorer with the same results. If it is undergoing maintenance, I understand, but I've never had it completely disappear without a message.

Edited on 02/08/2017 at 7:24:53 AM PST

[Post New]by 01mojo on Feb 10, 17 6:51 AM
Since the update I have not been able to receive enchanted amulets

bfgPanthalassa
2,241 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 11, 17 2:35 PM
Hi All,

I understand that people have been coming across some problems in the game, and I wanted to stop by here with some assistance.

SallyBmine, I'm sorry to hear that your progress in the game disappeared. In this situation the Moderation Team highly recommends reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE and including the player ID currently showing up in the game, along with the ID in your original profile if it was different.

Though I'd like to be able to help with this myself the forums don't support the tools I'd need to do so. However our Reps will certainly be happy to help. That player ID can be located using the steps in the following help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID

roloson, I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble completing one of Trina's tasks in the game. If it's been taking an unusually long time to complete a certain task and it seems like a technical issue I would encourage contacting our Technical Support Team with that above information, a Dr. Felix Report, and a screenshot of the quest. Our Reps will be able to take a look at that screenshot and use that information to provide assistance as best they can. Steps for taking that screenshot can be found below, if needed:

Taking a Screenshot

GulfCoastGuppy, I understand that when going to the Big Fish Games forums you saw a popup box instead of the forum you were trying to reach. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve addressed the issue, and now all Big Fish Games forums are available. Thanks so much for your patience.

01mojo, it sounds like Enchanted Amulets haven't been dropping lately, and I wanted to provide a little clarification. At this time there are 2 Amulets that are available in Midnight Castle, however Energy to use for the amulets should be able to be gathered from Hidden Object Scenes.

bfgPanthalassa
2,241 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 11, 17 2:35 PM
The Forum Moderation Team doesn't have a way to say how much Energy may appear at a time, but if it's been an extended period of time since any dropped I suggest contacting our Technical Support Team, as mentioned above. Our Support Team will be happy to look into the situation and assist as best they can.

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Feb 12, 17 10:28 PM
I only recently started to have friends, not many. Twice I wanted to amend my wishlist and twice it made the computer freeze. I had to force a shutdown by turned off the power supply. The Task Manager of the PC does not work either when this happens. When I go back in the game again, my wishlist get amended on its own. Not happy if I have to do this everytime.

bfgBellerophon
7,295 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 13, 17 7:55 AM
Hi Bemused123,

I'm sorry to hear that when trying to make any sort of changes to your wishlist, your computer freezes. Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. It may also be helpful to refer to the following two help articles for steps that are specific to this issue. The first help article contains steps to ensure that your video card driver is current. Running the game as an administrator is also a great troubleshooting step as this gives the game the necessary permissions to run as it should.

Run game as Administrator

If you continue to have issues with your game freezing when trying to amend your wishlist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with your player ID and a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below on how to obtain your player ID:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by trish_29520 on Feb 13, 17 9:37 AM
I have played Midnight Castle every day and my wheel of fortune has not changed even though I have played it everyday. It hasn't changed in over a month now. Please can you fix the problem.

whitebutterfly54
Salmon
Salmon
2,974 Posts

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 13, 17 3:53 PM
Downloaded latest update (2/13/17). Worked just fine on my main game. However, my secondary game on same computer was completely deleted. Sent a report.

Go to: