Guppy
194 Posts

Achievements

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Sep 15, 15 3:35 PM
Finished the game in Custom mode so *no hints* and *no skips*

Trailblazer: Complete the whole game with no hints

Pioneer: Complete the demo with no hints

Never got those Achievements?

I just started it over and then thought should I do it in easy and just not use them?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Abbey

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Achievements

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 16, 15 10:31 AM
Hi Abbey!

Your hypothesis makes sense to me. Seems it might be harder to resist using skips hints when they are available. I wish I had the information you need.

I hope this helps!

Game on!

PrplDva

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Sep 16, 15 2:16 PM
Just started it over for the 3rd time on Casual and got Pioneer...so maybe was right.

Thanks for the assurance prpldva!

On a good note since already played once and skipping the scenes and knowing what to do quicker helps....now if only Trailblazer works right also

Abbey

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Sep 17, 15 4:36 PM
Got Trailblazer also

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 18, 15 11:16 AM
Congrats, Abbey!

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Sep 19, 15 1:53 AM
Thanks DD

I like to get all the Achievements (why buy a game and not get them?)

I still have games I haven't gotten all but keep trying!

It helps with encouragement also!

Abbey

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 19, 15 4:49 AM
Akaabbey wrote: I like to get all the Achievements (why buy a game and not get them?)

hm, to play through a good story..? lol, j/k -- once I start with achievements, I like to get them all also. But they should be "interesting" also, and I find those counting-only (like xx items in xx time) quite boring. And when I see one (like here, obviously) that requires several play-throughs, I don't look at them again (no patience or time for that), and can only hope that not something stays locked.
Good luck with your other games in getting them all!

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Sep 27, 15 3:46 PM
Is there a way to get the crab achievement without replaying? I got them all but that one and I don't want to play it again.

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Oct 2, 15 1:49 PM
I second your question, riefer!

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Oct 8, 15 9:47 PM
No demo achievement here on my 2nd playthrough cause I forgot the crab. Didn't get it or trailblazer the first time. Tried easy, tried no hints. I *have* noticed, that during the storytime on the ship, when it tells the story of how the elemental artifacts were created, that the hint button goes off and tells me to exit the scene, EVEN WITH HINTS OFF!

I'll bet ANYTHING that's where the trouble is. A bug is triggering a hint every time that mini-scene is accessed.

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Nov 21, 15 4:42 PM
Update! Edit: Note this was -not- in custom mode, was the mode just below the "hardest".

I just started another speed run, made sure hints were -on-, got the pioneer achievement!

So for anyone having trouble with this, make sure you have hints on, and of course don't use them, and pioneer should kick in once your "back home"/you flee from the throne room.

~Erithan

Edited on 11/22/2015 at 4:30:15 PM PST

Go to: