momma707
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

phantom of venice

[Post New]by momma707 on Aug 30, 09 5:09 PM
anybody played this game...help...I can't get the dance routine..any suggestions???

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

Re:phantom of venice

[Post New]by JessF on Aug 30, 09 5:29 PM
I stopped playing it - I got sick of running around Venice and looking for money.

Google Universal Hints . They have great Nancy Drew hints and, unlike a walkthough, only show you as much as you want to read.

Happy Gaming.

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Oct 26, 09 3:57 PM
I gave up on this game because of the dance routine..I couldn't win it no matter how often I tried...did you ever find the solution??

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Oct 26, 09 6:14 PM
I played the dance routine many times and the only way I could get past it is to really listen carefully to the sounds made (bell, siren, etc.). The colors are supposed to be flashing on the stage but I did not notice that. The sounds are what really helped me.

julesy

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 26, 09 6:18 PM
There are only 3 dance routines, and the game will choose one for you randomly. If you dig deeper on the UHS (Universal Hints) tips, it will tell you exactly what button to press for all 3 songs. Look up the answer to the question "Is there a trick to doing well at dancing?".

SPOILER (highlight text below to read)

First off, notice that the colors always appear in specific places. Red and blue appear on the lights hanging over the stage; green and yellow are on the lights that are actually on the stage; orange and purple are on the neon stripes below the stage lights; and teal is on the strip of wood below the stage.

Secondly, there are only three different songs, and the pattern of lights in them is always the same, and each one starts with a different color. So if you hang on long enough to hear the first sound, you can then anticipate the rest of the colors, and all you have to do is wait for the sound to start. The three song patterns are:

Blue, Teal, Blue, Green, Blue, Purple, Teal

Red, Orange, Purple, Green, Green, Orange, Blue, Teal, Purple

Teal, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Red, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Teal (while the last sound is still playing), Blue, Orange

Edited on 10/26/2009 at 6:24:27 PM PST

souldiva72
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by souldiva72 on Apr 22, 13 4:22 AM
thank you dvdiva, although I finally figured it out before I found this, I plan to go back to make more money and it will make it easier, and clever way to hide the spoiler alert, hope you don't mind me sharing this info

Go to: