Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 16, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/16/2015 at 6:35:29 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville here

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on Sep 16, 15 1:52 AM
Typical clutter something always locks up! 3 on a match not responding. No sound again on this game either.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 16, 15 3:21 AM
yep. me too. I lose my cursor once I get to the opening screen. And the music is annoying as heck. 2nd game this month...

And how come I can't get to customer service anymore. I put in all of my information in "contact us" like I always did, press send. It says it's sent but I don't get a confirmation e-mail saying they received it and never hear from them. ???

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Sep 16, 15 5:12 AM
Well I was going along well, went through 4 or 5 levels....then I tried to start a level and the opening dialog box kept bouncing back and forth from left to right. Couldn't get it stop, couldn't click on "OK" to start the level. I had to "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and restart my computer. I couldn't even open Task Manager, it just went back to Clutter V and the bouncing dialog box.

I'm very disappointed, as I like the Clutter games. I may re-install an older one, just to play Clutter.

I also noticed some slight hesitancy with the cursor; I looked to see if I could turn off custom cursor, but I didn't see that under options. Also, to the dev: options are difficult to figure out; it's hard to tell whether you are turning something on or off.

I am using Windows 10 (and as an earlier poster said - so are many others, get with the program Big Fish!).

midnyter5555
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by midnyter5555 on Sep 16, 15 5:21 AM
on the 1st part where you place the brick tiles you have been collecting, cant do anything..1st time i have ever had a problem with the clutter games

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 16, 15 6:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Sep 16, 15 7:20 AM
I have an annoying box with "input not supported" moving around on the screen. I can play the game but very distracting !! I'm running Windows 7, any help on trying to get rid of this box would be greatly appreciated fellow fishies.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 16, 15 8:08 AM
Hi canajungirl1,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issue playing this game with a message moving around on the screen. It is highly recommended to contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report as well as screenshot of the message so that they can look into this for you. We definitely want to help get things up and running for you. I'll include a link below to the help article on how to take a screenshot:

Taking a Screenshot

I hope this helps.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by ukuser on Sep 16, 15 8:15 AM
Hi

I'm using Windows 10 and I can't get past the opening screen as there is no visible cursor. I have to close the game from outside of the game e.g. cancel it in Task Manager.

[Post New]by Pengwen77 on Sep 16, 15 8:58 AM
I am using Windows 10 and this game will not open for me. There is no cursor, the graphics are off center on the monitor and once I get in, I have to do a Ctrl, Alt, Delete several times to get out. All the other older Clutter games I have do the same thing

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Sep 16, 15 9:13 AM
I cannot play game as it keeps saying;access violation at 0x100AD 51C game terminated. Have bought all Clutter games before and had no trouble, Am on windows 7 starter.

unicorn22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn22 on Sep 16, 15 10:47 AM
I am on windows 10 . cant get past opening page. no curser. have to use the task manager to get out. hope this can be fixed. I really want to play this game. one of my favorites.

[Post New]by sbdavid on Sep 16, 15 12:38 PM
Same problem as many others on here. Using Windows 10 and can't get past the opening screen--the graphics are off center on start, and there is no cursor. I have to close the game through Task Manager. Never had a similar problem before. Obviously, I won't be purchasing this game

[Post New]by Gypsyno1 on Sep 16, 15 1:25 PM
biomix wrote:yep. me too. I lose my cursor once I get to the opening screen. And the music is annoying as heck. 2nd game this month...

And how come I can't get to customer service anymore. I put in all of my information in "contact us" like I always did, press send. It says it's sent but I don't get a confirmation e-mail saying they received it and never hear from them. ???

M206S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by M206S on Sep 16, 15 5:54 PM
same problem as others, using Windows 10 on my PC, can't get past opening screen as there is no visible cursor....kicking myself as I went directly to purchase instead of checking it out first.....

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Sep 16, 15 6:15 PM
Another person using Windows 10 and not being able to get past opening scene, no cursor visible. I also bought before trying so this is very frustrating.

harmony
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by harmony on Sep 17, 15 8:19 AM
I'm having the exact same problems as everyone else has stated.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 17, 15 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

For players that are having issues with the cursor, it may be helpful to switch the game into windowed mode. I'll include a help article below with steps on how to do that:

Screen Resolution

Please note that also adjusting the screen resolution and DPI settings may be helpful as well.

In regards to the error message that you are seeing bezzer, the following help article may contain hints:

Access Violation

If you find that you are still having issues, it is recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely help to troubleshoot.

I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 09/17/2015 at 10:31:33 AM PST

[Post New]by bearsweet on Sep 17, 15 12:27 PM
I cannot get this game to even open! I am having the same problem everyone else is. No curser on the opening page. Hate the music!

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 17, 15 1:33 PM
Same problem as many others: Using Windows 10 on a Sony Vaio laptop, there is no cursor on the opening screen. I tried the suggestion above, and changed the Screen Resolution to 1024x768, and every option higher, and still no cursor.

PLEASE get this fixed by the dev! I will keep it in my Game Manager and hope for an update soon. I really want to play this game, I've enjoyed all the previous Clutter games.

Go to: