Oh dear - big mistake buying this one

[Post New]by allisonfranklin on Aug 31, 09 11:56 AM

I'm not terribly good at these games but can usually get a fair way through them using the walkthrough. This is hopeless. There doesn't seem to be very much to do or clues to gather. I just found the house and the blog says that there is a cut through scene showing the character running up to the roof where she talks to someone else (hurrah! some interaction) but...er...there is not cut scene. Added to which I can't even get out of the game without using Task Manager (not a major problem) and the graphics are very poor.

jrd0427
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Oh dear - big mistake buying this one

[Post New]by jrd0427 on Aug 31, 09 4:58 PM
I'm very glad that I found a download to try before I bought. You are right, the graphics are awful, and the story is not even interesting.

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Aug 31, 09 11:31 PM
What game are ya'll playing?? I thought the graphics were great and am enjoying playing the game. I even like the story. Just one little hiccup, but think I can get past it.
A very good and interesting game with GREAT graphics and GREAT storyline. Keep up the good work BF.

[Post New]by wissaofthewater on Sep 1, 09 12:03 PM
I have to agree - can't even exit the game without CONTROL + ALT + DEL. Or if there is another way to exit the game I have not found it yet.
I actually bought the first EGYPT game and didn't get very far + very boring. This one at least has more than sand to look at.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 1, 09 12:07 PM
wissaofthewater wrote:I have to agree - can't even exit the game without CONTROL + ALT + DEL. Or if there is another way to exit the game I have not found it yet.
I actually bought the first EGYPT game and didn't get very far + very boring. This one at least has more than sand to look at.

Hi Wissaofthe water- welcome to the forums!

Click on the beetle on the left end of the menu bar to go to the main menu.,.

I hope this helps.

PrplDva

[Post New]by jewgum on Sep 7, 09 6:29 AM
Clicking on the beetle does take you to the main menu, but there is still no choice to exit the game.

trekkiespice
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by trekkiespice on Sep 9, 09 11:43 AM
I agree, no wonder they didn't give us an hours free play or I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole. It took three hours to download, what a waste of time.

I also had to use the task manager to exit. Clicking on the beetle takes you to the main menu but all you can do is save and load, not exit.

[Post New]by louisegranny on Sep 10, 09 8:48 AM
Boy I am so sorry I bought this game. I also can't quit with out uses of the alt control delete botton and can not solve the sliding game to reach the library.

[Post New]by MysticOhio on Sep 17, 09 9:28 AM
The beetle is the way out. Just click on it when you are on the main menu. It will ask you if you are sure you want to leave.

[Post New]by sciencenerdp on Sep 19, 09 8:26 AM
I agree with this being a mistake. I'm at the drum puzzle, which apparently doesn't work without a patch...which I can't find ANYWHERE. BigFish, you bit it on this one.

Akherousia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Akherousia on Sep 25, 09 2:34 PM
sciencenerdp wrote:I agree with this being a mistake. I'm at the drum puzzle, which apparently doesn't work without a patch...which I can't find ANYWHERE. BigFish, you bit it on this one.

yes it does work without any patch. if you are unable to figure out how to play it it is not the fault of BigFish.

xyxii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by xyxii on Oct 3, 09 1:53 PM
MysticOhio wrote:The beetle is the way out. Just click on it when you are on the main menu. It will ask you if you are sure you want to leave.

But how do you exit to main menu while playing the game? No beetle that I can find.

omalas
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by omalas on Oct 3, 09 2:17 PM
when you are playing, look at you inventory. at your left is a beetle, click on
it. it shows the main menu, then click in the beetle and they show a square
that ask your if you want to quit. So simple .

xyxii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by xyxii on Oct 3, 09 3:40 PM
omalas wrote:when you are playing, look at you inventory. at your left is a beetle, click on
it. it shows the main menu, then click in the beetle and they show a square
that ask your if you want to quit. So simple .

OK got it. Now i realize my problem. The beetle is off screen. seems like a resolution problem. What is the screen resolution you are using? Tks

I have fixed my problem. Not a resolution problem but an adjustment problem. Seems that the game wanted to strech out to much and was off screen. I simply adjusted my sides in untill I had the eye and the beetle. No problems now.

Edited on 10/04/2009 at 12:05:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Shootist2 on Oct 20, 09 4:49 PM
It's been my experience that if there isn't a free trial the game is rubbish.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Nov 29, 10 4:51 PM
I agree with shootist12.
This "game" is a waste of time. It looks and acts as if it was icomplete.
I've seen better games on free sites.
Don't buy it.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Nov 29, 10 5:29 PM
I agree with shootist12.
This "game" is a waste of time. It looks and acts as if it was incomplete.
I've seen better games on free sites.
Don't buy it. Stick with the tried and true. Play the one hour demo first.
I tried it again by setting my graphics card to its lowest resolution. The images were muddy and lacking contrast. What a joke this game is. I have to dig up my old Compaq 486 to play this one.

Edited on 12/01/2010 at 4:21:56 PM PST

Go to: