cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 19, 12 5:14 PM
Purplerabbit! Give me a warning before you change positions! The balance on the bus went funny and now the steering is wonky!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 19, 12 5:14 PM
sunfish09 wrote:
I also want to mention thanks to Mandi Berg who was kind enough to create a twitter account so fishes who doesn't have twitter were able to submit questions to her.

Thanks mandi!

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 5:15 PM
Oh! Was that it? I thought we had an earthquake or explosion or something. Whew!

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Nov 19, 12 5:18 PM
Glad it's releasing soon! Unfortunately for me, the earliest I'll get to play is going to be Friday night. I know I'm going to go insane... LOL

jpape
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by jpape on Nov 19, 12 5:20 PM
I can't believe it's the end already. Have fun if you're able to play already tomorrow (I work tomorrow, but then I'm off the rest of the week).

It's been a blast reading everyone's ideas, poems, songs, chants, games, etc., etc.

I'm sure I'll see some of you around in Posey's and the Big Bang Theory threads.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 19, 12 5:20 PM
cadfael wrote:Purplerabbit! Give me a warning before you change positions! The balance on the bus went funny and now the steering is wonky!

Whoops, sorry!

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 19, 12 5:23 PM
It's OK Purple. Just warn me next time!

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on Nov 19, 12 5:27 PM
Purplerabbit I'm a bit worried about you up there! If it starts to rain who knows what could happen with all the talk of radiation in the area

*scales up the side ladder and covers Purplerabbit in a large tarp complete with eye holes and gill cut outs*

Arrrgh that's better! Now back inside to find a comfy spot

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Nov 19, 12 5:29 PM
They've changed the homepage of mysterycasefiles -shadow lake is up!

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 19, 12 5:30 PM
MJ_Mystery wrote:Hey guys did anyone get both a poster and a game or were we all just given posters for the Twitter Q&A? I'm just curious because Hondo hinted that there might be a chance that some of us who entered might have a chance of a free game.

My direct message just said "poster".

I've got a couple movie scores for the bus' stereo system -- I'm not much of a rock fan, I prefer classical. The "Gettysburg" score (Randy Edelman) might be better for downloading background; for the countdown to release may I recommend the restored Sergei Prokofiev score to "Alexander Nevsky"? That one's energetic enough that I put it in the CD player whenever I have writer's block.

:: passes hot spiced cider and hot cocoa around the bus :: It's been a good spec thread, let's do this again next year .

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 19, 12 5:34 PM
medview2 wrote:They've changed the homepage of mysterycasefiles -shadow lake is up!

And technical specifications are up!

Windows:
XP/Vista/Win7
1.7 GHz CPU
1 GB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
1.75 GB hard drive space

Mac:
OSX 10/7/10.6
1.8 GHz CPU -- the page says "Intel Only"
1024 MB RAM
1524 MB hard drive space

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 19, 12 5:42 PM
purplealikat wrote:
<snip>
I keep having this horrible vision - we are met by 4 short men in knee pants, and they sing:

We represent the Fishie Pond Guild
the Fishie Pond Guild
the Fishie Pond Guild

And in the name of
the Fishie Pond Guildddddddddd
We wish to welcome you to Shadow Lake

ROTFL!!! Thanks!

I'm off to sleep so I can get up for the 3 AM download! Have a great night!

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 19, 12 5:44 PM
I won't be downloading Shadow Lake until about 5 am my time...I hope I'll be able to get through.

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 5:49 PM
Night ! well and wake up in time to download!

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 19, 12 5:53 PM
MJ_Mystery: Maybe fishies who had multiple questions selected are getting a free game (?).

Eoarod: Mme. Fate bobblehead!! BFG, MAKE THIS HAPPEN How can our bus have a whale shark on the roof, minnow hood ornament, and no dashboard accoutrements?

Dogmama: It was a pleasure You gave me plenty of impressive material to work with that made the task all that more rewarding

Sam: Sorry to hear about your run-in with a poisonous centipede I think I'm the only person on earth who thinks cents are cute, but the ones we have are benign little skitters. If they were poisonous, I'm sure I'd be exterminating them with extreme prejudice!

Oh, and you're welcome to join me for T-Day dinner in spirit...I'll direct turkey/stuffing/green bean casserole/mashed potatoes/pumpkin pie vibes to South Korea on Thursday

purplealikat: I'll gladly take some marshmallows for my peppy schnapped hot chocolate Maybe I'll let a few go stale for ammo. *fingers crossed that there's a slingshot in the MCF inventory*

Welp, my anti-virus program caught a nasty buggie attempting a hostile takeover of my computer, and I don't think Saskatil's bug wrangling expertise extends to *this* kind of creepy crawlie. So I'm off to run a few scans to make certain all is clear. There won't be any sick 'puters around here spoiling the MCF release!

I guess I'll see everyone back here for the post-game wrap-up

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 19, 12 5:53 PM
For those of you on the bus...try not to arrive at night....not in the dark... as no one can hear you scream....

See you all at Shadow Lake soon

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 19, 12 6:00 PM
The busload of fishies is starting to get antsy.

Fog is starting to swirl in the ruts beside the road.

Up ahead there is a signpost.

Shadow Lake 6 hours to go.

My mouse fin is starting to twitch.

The second pot of is smelling strong.

My crowbar is ready, and my lock picks too.

My MCF badge is pinned on.

And farewells are coming faster than a dead fish down a toilet.

Another spec thread draws to a close.

And all the fishies turn into Master Detectives and disappear down a hole.

Will we return next year?

Goodness gracious great balls of fire YEAH!!!!!

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 19, 12 6:01 PM
Well, I'm handing over the steering wheel to someone else. This little fishie has to get up early for work. Will download the game as soon as I get home. Said something to DH about downloading tomorrow night and saving the game to play all day Wednesday. He just looked at me and said, "yeah, right."

Wonder if they'll keep this thread open for us to discuss what theories were right like they did last year? Either way, this is my last post here before the game comes out. Hope to see all of you around the pond and definitely back here next year!!!

Note to next bus driver: make sure Purplerabbit's tarp is lashed down properly. Wouldn't want the bus to take flight!

Happy Sleuthing!!!!

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 19, 12 6:06 PM
samspunker

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 6:07:17 PM PST

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on Nov 19, 12 6:13 PM
Goodnight cadfael I've just installed "roofcam" to keep an eye on Purplerabbit and the tarp situation. All's good for now although if the tarp did cause us to take flight we might shave off some travel time

Okay so I'll do my best behind the wheel but geez the steering on this old girl is a workout! Just popping on a tune for y'all to groove to.....

(to the tune of Madonna's "celebrate")

Shadow La-ake, Shadow La-ake

Go to: