mjha
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by mjha on Feb 13, 17 9:03 PM
Just downloaded the last up date through my administrator game and it seems to have corrupted my games. The levels are OK and the dollars and inventory as well as my friends but the graphics are all shot. Where the crypt was is a dirt hole, the airship tower is a mess as well as are all the other scenes, the timer on the airship and quest are all muddled up. If I try to open up my main game with the MC shortcut it opens up the big fish game manager and if I click on MC it gives me error code 809 and tells me that another game is playing-What happened?
I play 6 games and none have downloaded properly. What can I do?

Margarita

Bemused123
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Feb 14, 17 1:54 AM
Downloaded the new update. Everything OK apart from loosing my friends. Tried to add one, the computer froze. Yesterday had the problem when I tried to change my wishlist. Reported to the forum, got advise, followed it. As far as I am concerned same issue. Now I cannot launch the game at all. If I use the desktop icon, nothing. If I go through the game manager, it tells me another game is running. Checked with task manager, nothing is running. Switched off computer, tried again using the game manager, nothing. Sent a Tech report but they reply in 24 to 72 hours. A long time to wait. Very frustrated at the moment.

Bemused123
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Feb 14, 17 3:03 AM
Thought I would do another post rather than edit my last one.
I have 2 middle names and patience is not one of them in some cases. This is one of them.
I thought about my problem and decided to undo the change I made yesterday, i.e. reverse the "run as administrator" bit. Managed to launch the game again. My friends are back. Doing the rounds at the moment. Did another round. I noticed however that the gifts from my friends I accepted after the update and before the freezing episode are gone. I feel really bad about that even if it is not my fault. I assume that I have also lost the stuff I gathered doing the first round I did. My issue of not being able to amend the social tab might still exist. I do not dare touch it. I am not a computer expert but I would have thought that forcing a shutdown rather than doing it properly using windows can't be good for my PC

[Post New]by footballfishfan on Feb 14, 17 6:18 AM
Just installed the latest update I received this morning and found that my entire Friend list is gone. Really? To add insult to injury, I thought this update would include the Level 75 availability. But no.
The developers are losing it.
Please beg them for a new update to return my friend list to me at least, not to mention an update to actually progress in the game. Unless they don't give a darn that is.
Thanks

ps...after reading this thread I see I'm not the only one with issues regarding the new update. I'm lucky, the download didn't freeze my PC, I just hope that it didn't include a virus of any type. Please respond and allay my fears. Thanks

Edited on 02/14/2017 at 6:29:02 AM PST

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by BenjiBenjamin123 on Feb 14, 17 6:43 AM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Thanks for your time and useful links!

[Post New]by Guesswhat30 on Feb 14, 17 10:25 AM
Downloaded latest update, now the game looks like it reset, but everything is in place all my inventory, the hos everything is there it just looks like it's not.

my id is 620728 using pc

Edited on 02/14/2017 at 10:26:23 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 14, 17 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that some people have been seeing glitches in the game, and I wanted to stop by here with information and help.

If anyone has seen that their progress, items, friends, or currency has disappeared after installing that recent update there are some steps we can try. The Forum Moderation Team recommends closing the game, relaunching it, and then waiting for a few minutes. This will help make sure that the program is able to load everything correctly, and should help if something in your profile isn't appearing.

It sounds like some players are getting a message that another game is running when they try to play or seeing glitches with the graphics. In situations like this our help articles can often be useful, and I encourage giving them a look. The following has some steps for troubleshooting the message saying another game is running:

Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774

Additionally, I encourage checking out the following if you're experiencing any crashing, freezing, or display problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these problems are continuing, the Forum Moderation Team highly recommends reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID and a Dr. Felix Report, as mentioned here. Our Reps have access to tools that are needed to provide in-depth help, and they're always willing to assist. Steps for locating that ID to send can be found below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

footballfishfan, I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing these issues in Midnight Castle. I want to assure you that all of our games and updates are thoroughly tested before release, and are guaranteed to be free of viruses. If you'd like specific information on this, I encourage checking out the following help article or contacting our Support Team:

Virus Messages

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

susiewastaken
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,950 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 14, 17 4:56 PM

I think there is a glitch with the new Puzzle part of MC.

The item "puzzle piece" is available to be a Wish List item, but when gifted....they are NOT showing up on the puzzle nor in any part of our inventory.

Another player reported on this in the forum thread " Puzzles are now Unlocked! " and I verified it, too.

Please check into this.

THANKS

Edited on 02/15/2017 at 9:11:50 AM PST

[Post New]by DianAlaskaBound on Feb 14, 17 5:38 PM
REALLY obvious to me that a fix-it update is needed. I too have characters, pets, HOS graphics, private room images, and other graphics missing eventhough when I click on the area, Example: where pet SHOULD be, they are there. And am back to only the initial first private room (no spring, no xmas). Have friends list, can give gifts, but game freezes when I try to collect my gifts. All the countdown timer images messed up too. After I pack box #1 for airship, box #2 won't pack and can't exit that airship screen. Seems REALLY obvious to me that ***there is something wrong with this update!!!*** please stop trying to have us do individual stop-gap measures and do a FIX-IT update. Furthermore, I don't want to keep playing if this forthcoming 2nd update is going to wipe out any progress I'm making since this puzzle update! BFG needs to look at this GLOBALLY versus INDIVIDUALLY, and act - hopefully real soon.

Edited on 02/14/2017 at 7:14:28 PM PST

[Post New]by mesalady44 on Feb 14, 17 6:13 PM
my number is 57944 - I installed the most recent update -- it goes through the process but comes to the screen to open the gam where it says please wait. The please wait fades away and everything freezes. On windows 10, signed in as owner, had no problems playing before the update -- tried the help page - no answers there

uninstalled and reinstalled the program -- got the same result - everything freezes on the opening page - please wait page -- help

susiewastaken
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,950 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 14, 17 6:21 PM
mesalady44 , try what I have been doing for a few months now:

open the game via the BF game manager icon...not the MC shortcut.

hit play on MC

go ahead and open your TASK MANAGER (mine is a simple right click in the bottom of my screen)

if the game starts to load, then freezes (typical for me), and the task manager says that Midnight Castle is not responding, I hit 'end task" via the little task manager window.

then, walah! the game manager closes, reopens and I hit 'play again' to open the game.

Have been successful playing this way for months now.

Hope this helps.

Dhyaniland
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Feb 15, 17 12:21 AM
Regarding the new Puzzle Feature:

Just sent another Puzzle Piece to one of my Feeders (who didn't have any Puzzle Pieces yet). Claimed the PP, and went straight to the Puzzle. Nope, it didn't register. And nope, not anywhere to be found in Inventory.

The cost of sending a Puzzle Piece is either 100 Coins or 10 Diamonds. I paid the 100 Coins. Glad I didn't spend the Diamonds.

Seems to me this is a GLITCH! We shouldn't have be able to put up a Puzzle Piece on our Wishlists, get one, and have it not register in the Puzzle or show up in Inventory. Not to mention the Sender of the Puzzle Piece just spent Coins or Dianmonds into the ether.

GRRRRRR!!!!

Will be sending screenshots along with my Ticket to BF CS.

PLEASE PASS THIS IMMEDIATELY ON TO THE DEVS!!!!

Dhyani (WAAAAHHHHH!)

Edited on 02/15/2017 at 12:22:23 AM PST

susiewastaken
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,950 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 15, 17 9:09 AM
Bemused123 wrote:I only recently started to have friends, not many. Twice I wanted to amend my wishlist and twice it made the computer freeze. I had to force a shutdown by turned off the power supply. The Task Manager of the PC does not work either when this happens. When I go back in the game again, my wishlist get amended on its own. Not happy if I have to do this everytime.

Here is what I do to prevent game from freezing when changing wish list:

X-out just one item at a time and LEAVE the social page between each subtraction.

(Otherwise, game freezes and must close entire game....but just try it as described above and it will become a habit. Really takes just a couple of seconds this way.)

Bemused123
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Feb 15, 17 12:28 PM
Did a Tech report on 14/02. Problem still not resolved. It seems to me that players are more pro-active in solving issues with the game or trying to find a way around it. Have started to make copious notes of what was going on and going wrong and reported them to BFG. I am contemplating hiring a PA. I have worked out that the game does not save the last action I do when I play. If it is an HOs, the drop offs do not go in my inventory. When I launch the game again I get the drop off again minus the coins. If I do the flower drop, the money I get is missing when I next go into the game. I cannot make note of every item I am supposed to get into the inventory. I have relayed that info in some detail through the Tech report that is still on going. Come on BFG and Devs, get the problems we face solved since the update.

[Post New]by ev_h_2 on Feb 15, 17 1:12 PM
entro una actualización del juego, cuando quise activarlo no me reconoce la contraseña , ni si quiera la que me mandan de big fish, no quiero perder el juego , voy por el nivel 50, que hago ?

susiewastaken
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,950 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 15, 17 1:51 PM
ev_h_2 wrote:entro una actualización del juego, cuando quise activarlo no me reconoce la contraseña , ni si quiera la que me mandan de big fish, no quiero perder el juego , voy por el nivel 50, que hago ?

translation:
do I get an update to the game, when I wanted to turn it does not recognize me the password, or if you want send it me big fish, I don't want to lose the game, I'm on level 50, I do?
I am guessing this player is trying to sign in, but is having password problems.

Mods?

Tjt_
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Tjt_ on Feb 15, 17 2:02 PM
Won't save progress in the town. Makes me start over. The game stops and kicks me out.

bfgIlinalta
1,820 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 15, 17 2:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like there are a few issues being encountered in Midnight Castle, including: the game not saving progress as expected, display issues with the new update, as well as a bug found with the new Puzzles feature. I also see there are a few other issues I'd like to help address, so let me provide some preliminary troubleshooting as well as how to contact our Support Team for more assistance.

Some players have reported that their friends list, currency totals, or inventory items are not displaying properly after installing the latest update. We have found that players can resolve this by closing the game completely down and then reopening the game. This should cause those display issues to go away. If not, please reach out to our Support Team using the steps further below.

Players have also reported an issue with being able to gift puzzle pieces and request them in their personal Wish Lists. We want to apologize for this bug as this was not intended. Puzzle pieces are meant to be like Amulet energy in that they are for that specific feature of the game and are not meant to be able to be gifted to one's friends or to be asked for in Wish Lists. This particular issue will be addressed in a future update and I want to apologize that there was confusion about what can and cannot be provided as a gift to friends. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

For players seeing their games crash, or if after closing down and restarting the game, there are still display issues, or if players have lost their progress or items, please do not hesitate contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your in-game ID. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it is helpful, the following page contains steps on finding an in-game ID for our games:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Message continues...

bfgIlinalta
1,820 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 15, 17 2:25 PM
Message continued.

Tjt_, welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear progress isn't being saved in the game. We definitely want players to be able to continue from where they left off in Midnight Castle and I recommend contacting our Support Team HERE with your in-game ID. Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to post here.

ev_h_2, thank you for writing in and I am sorry there are issues. It sounds like we could help out by helping with signing in to your profile. I apologize that we are unable to provide assistance in Spanish in the forums. Please reach out to our Support Team HERE for more assistance with that. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible. I am going to use an online translation service to provide a translation of this message below, so I apologize for any grammar or punctuation issues in advance.

ev_h_2, gracias por escribir y siento que haya problemas. Parece que podríamos ayudar ayudándonos a acceder a tu perfil. Pido disculpas por no poder brindar asistencia en español en los foros. Por favor, comuníquese con nuestro Equipo de Soporte AQUÍ para obtener más ayuda con ese. Voy a utilizar un servicio de traducción en línea para proporcionar una traducción de este mensaje a continuación, por lo que pido disculpas por cualquier problema de gramática o puntuación por adelantado.

Thank you all for your time and patience, and I hope this has been helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 02/15/2017 at 2:30:08 PM PST

[Post New]by EmmaSurfer99 on Feb 16, 17 3:25 PM
EDIT UPDATE AT 4:50PM PST. The timer for the gnome (whatever on the left) restarted to 23.xx hours and the puzzle came back. So either the timer was off yesterday at 2 hours, or you pushed an update, or someone sprinkled pixie dust. In any event for now the problem I saw earlier is gone. Thanks.

Hello I got the update yesterday and finished the first puzzle. It took many sparkles but figured that is how it works. But this afternoon the puzzle feature disappeared. There is no pending update so not sure if it was pulled, if this is specific to my id, etc. if you need my id it is 420187 EmmaSurf. Thank you. Also, not sure what time but early hours PST today, after finishing the first puzzle, it had a countdown (I guess to the next puzzle) but I could continue to accrue puzzle pieces for the next puzzle. It was about 80% filled in but I had not actually tried to solve it yet (I think the timer was at 2hrs+.)

Edited on 02/16/2017 at 4:53:56 PM PST

Go to: