FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Mac issues with Secret Legacy.

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Aug 31, 09 1:06 PM
I am having a lot of issues running this game on my Mac. My system is 2.16GHZ with 3GB of Ram and OSX 10.5.8.

The following Mini games won't run.

The cooking game (can't use utensils or spices after their first use)
The fireworks game (The symbols on the fireworks flash through all choices and you can't change them)
The table Math game (the marbles stick in the wrong spots and you can't move them)

Also, I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but I'm getting speakers that are invisible. They talk but they don't show up on screen.

It's a nice game but with so much of it unplayable I cannot recommend it for Mac users.

Re:Mac issues with Secret Legacy.

[Post New]by RAMRancher on Aug 31, 09 2:45 PM
Me too. Any idea how to contact a support person?

[Post New]by RAMRancher on Aug 31, 09 3:02 PM
I went to the NevoSoft website and informed them via their help system of the problem ( [URL removed by moderator]). We'll see if they respond. If so, I will make a post.

Edited on 01/22/2010 at 10:57:11 AM PST

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Sep 1, 09 1:18 PM
I sent a request for refund to Big Fish. No response yet. Any luck on your end RAM?

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Sep 2, 09 11:30 AM
Big Fish got back with me very quickly and refunded my game credit. Just too many issues for me. It's a shame because it seems to be a great game.

Very happy with Big Fish's quick response and resolution though!

[Post New]by Anastasia20 on Sep 2, 09 7:43 PM
Had all those issues as well - going to ask for a refund.....
They need to step it up with the Mac games.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Mac issues with Secret Legacy.

[Post New]by shorenuf on Sep 4, 09 2:56 PM
FinnyFine wrote:I am having a lot of issues running this game on my Mac. My system is 2.16GHZ with 3GB of Ram and OSX 10.5.8.

The following Mini games won't run.

The cooking game (can't use utensils or spices after their first use)
The fireworks game (The symbols on the fireworks flash through all choices and you can't change them)
The table Math game (the marbles stick in the wrong spots and you can't move them)

Also, I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but I'm getting speakers that are invisible. They talk but they don't show up on screen.

It's a nice game but with so much of it unplayable I cannot recommend it for Mac users.

In my game, in the fireworks Dragon puzzle, the ink pots were mislabeled -- green said it was yellow, orange said it was green. But since it seemed unplayable anyway, I skipped it. Yes, also could not play the stove game with similar issues as you describe. In two different hidden object searches the item "tube" was actually a tuba. Also agree that the concept was pretty good but game play was annoying because of the glitches.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 3:00:32 PM PST

stagemel
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stagemel on Sep 13, 09 9:16 PM
At first I thought I had "invisible" speakers as well, but then realized that my game is set on widescreen. Unfortunately, I can't turn it off. I will also be requesting a refund unless this is easily fixed...

cattyha
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by cattyha on Sep 18, 09 10:47 PM
I have a Macbook Pro Intel based and I am having all the problems mentioned plus the letters on the typewriter were not there until I replayed the game several times and they suddenly appeared........ weird. I asked for a refund but the tech support asked me to check a bunch of updates, etc but I was good on all that and have requested the refund again. Waiting to see what they say this time.

c8h10n4o2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by c8h10n4o2 on Sep 22, 09 6:35 PM
I got the same response re: update suggestions and I should be up to date. You would think that they would check this board if they are getting repeat queries on one game. Once again, Macs lose here.

J4zberg
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by J4zberg on Nov 18, 09 4:16 PM
Same issues with my "up to date" Mac. On some other games there seems to be an issue regarding whether we have Mac's powered by PC Power or Intel. I don't know why that would make a difference, but it is sad that there are games I can't play! I just skipped the cooking game and the fireworks game and kept going. Plot, spelling and grammar inconsistencies and errors annoy me. I feel like it's just not quite finished and was released too soon.

[Post New]by bugfuz on Jan 22, 10 10:22 AM
You know what I find most frustrating? I always, always test MAC games for the 60 minutes before I buy them. I don't read the forum, but will now. But without fail, after playing 60 minutes and deciding the game runs well and I will buy it...it starts gliching and failing. Crumbs!!!!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 22, 10 11:05 AM
Hello everyone!

RAMRancher, I actually had to remove the link from your post so that it complies with our forum FAQs, which don't don't allow URLs/links to other sites.

While I have a Mac at home, I'm not trained to troubleshoot Mac issues here in the forums. However, we do have an article for technical problems in the Mac as well as options for getting in touch with Customer Support.

"Mac Game Errors" - Click here

I know a lot of you are pretty Mac-savvy, so if you've already followed the instructions within that article, you can click on the "Contact Us" link on the left side to get in touch with Customer Support. Or, if you're a Game Club member, you can get in touch with Live Chat through the "My Account" tab.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Go to: