Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Calling: Anabel Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 17, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/17/2015 at 6:57:05 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Calling: Anabel Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 17, 15 7:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Midnight Calling: Anabel Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Calling: Anabel Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 17, 15 8:52 AM
After downloading the game is so slow it is an effort to play. I just downloaded Windows 10 and am having the same problem with another game I have had for some time. Is the Windows 10 the reason I am having this trouble.?

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Sep 17, 15 2:42 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:After downloading the game is so slow it is an effort to play. I just downloaded Windows 10 and am having the same problem with another game I have had for some time. Is the Windows 10 the reason I am having this trouble.?

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Sep 17, 15 2:44 PM
I had a lot of issues with windows 10 so I went back to 8.1 you have 30 days to go back. couldn't listen to videos from you tube. my printer quit working. didn't like 10 at all.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Sep 17, 15 7:04 PM
I am ready to uninstall Windows 10. It is not easy for me to use so I think I will go back to my window 7 which works fine and is easy for me to use.

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Sep 18, 15 1:01 PM
I am using Windows 8.1 on my PC. Game froze for a few seconds but otherwise was running fine except that the map does not show the ! for active tasks. Every location shows a ?. When I mentioned this in the forum I was told that the map should show where there are locations with active tasks.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game and still have the same map problem.

After reinstalling this game 4 times the map problem is no longer an issue.

Edited on 09/18/2015 at 3:37:36 PM PST

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Sep 20, 15 7:12 PM
TROUBLE IN THE FIRST SCENE IN THE BONUS GAME ... if I am going to have tech issues in a game, I can be sure it will be in the Bonus Game. And sure enough, this one was no exception. I can not get the rope to throw over the roof beam, can not get my "familiar" who is a very stupid bird to fly up to the roof beam, and as a result, cannot progress any further. Since I paid the full $13.99 and only played the main game, I truly wish I had waited for the standard edition. Ah well, the main game was okay. It had a familiar story line and a nasty villain, loved the dragon though.

Running Windows 7 on 64 bit Dell Alienware. All video and graphic cards are updated.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Sep 22, 15 8:27 AM
I cannot get the puzzles to work, specifically the puzzles with rings that need to be rotated, they won't move, help?

[Post New]by micu137 on Oct 3, 15 7:13 AM
greengrassyhill wrote:TROUBLE IN THE FIRST SCENE IN THE BONUS GAME ... if I am going to have tech issues in a game, I can be sure it will be in the Bonus Game. And sure enough, this one was no exception. I can not get the rope to throw over the roof beam, can not get my "familiar" who is a very stupid bird to fly up to the roof beam, and as a result, cannot progress any further.
Running Windows 7. All video and graphic cards are updated.

same here ...i would like the issue to be fixed or a credit back

dkkeyes
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by dkkeyes on Oct 10, 15 8:19 AM
I am having the same issue. The familiar got the tinder, but cannot now use the rope in the Bonus round. Is this going to be fixed?

dkkeyes
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by dkkeyes on Oct 10, 15 8:22 AM
I had some success. I restarted the game, again, this time, there was a message saying the Familiar needed to eat. I feed it the grain and a rope silhouette popped up. It then was able to take the rope.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Oct 17, 15 6:54 AM
I am using windows 10 and have played other games with no problem.It must be the game. My game is so slow and the mouse is like it is on its own. The mouse moves all by itself at times.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Feb 5, 16 4:21 AM
During the Bonus Game, the bird familiar will not move until it has been fed prior to each separate task you want it to act on/retrieve. Food will become available, in the form of nuts, grains, seeds, and bread. After you've fed the bird, it will signal it's now ready to retrieve whatever you want.

As to the TECH PROBLEM I'm having, it centers around the third segment of the Mega-Puzzle (where five or six smaller puzzles are clustered in one spot, prior to allowing a major room/setting entrance), found in Chapter 2. When I played the Demo, I didn't have any problems clicking on the colored animal heads and making a lit line between each pair of them, without the paths crossing over each other. However, now that I've bought the game, nothing will move or light up, when I get to this portion of the Mega-Puzzle.

I've tried to get it to work, both when playing the Main Game and when playing it, later, in the Secret Room. In both situations, those red, green, and blue animal heads will not light up, nor will it allow me to make a path between the pairs of heads. I end up having to skip the puzzle, entirely, in order to get passed this one, small, dysfunctional area. I am playing on Windows 8.1 and, as I said, there were no problems getting the game to play this entire Mega-Puzzle correctly, during my Demo trial, so it has worked in the past, just refuses to do it now. All of the rest of the puzzles have worked just fine, throughout the entire game and Bonus Section.

What would make a small segment of a larger collection of puzzles (Mega-Puzzle) suddenly decide to freeze and not permit advancement on to the next small puzzle? It's frustrating to finally complete the first two mini-puzzles (the first of which is a real challenge), only to have the third puzzle (which is easy) block my progress and my ability to collect all of the achievements I'm capable of - as I'm forced to skip the remainder of the mini-puzzles, in order to move forward with the game. It would be wonderful if I could, somehow, skip just that little mini-puzzle, but that's not an option. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited on 02/05/2016 at 5:38:06 AM PST

Ami0c
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ami0c on May 11, 16 11:41 AM
Will not load on my mac.

Ami0c
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ami0c on May 18, 16 8:42 AM
Mac retina display. Game frozen. Installed three times. Nothing in your forums works.

Go to: