lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

soft launch: Sprouts Adventure

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 1, 09 5:50 AM
Just a heads up: I noticed that we have a soft launch of Sprouts Adventure today. Not a game that I'm interested in myself.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

Re:soft launch: Sprouts Adventure

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 1, 09 5:53 AM
I beta tested this game and I loved it! thanks for the heads up!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 1, 09 5:53 AM
Ahh. thanks LK, did not notice that but I did think todays TGT was going to be Sprouts.

I think I will give it a demo- kind of looks cute

kahlil101
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
27,240 Posts

[Post New]by kahlil101 on Sep 1, 09 5:58 AM
Thanks Lordkalvan, I did not look at the New Release's tab.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 1, 09 6:15 AM
It's wonderful that the soft launches are showing on the New Releases page and in the New Releases drop down on the toolbar too. Makes it so much easier to notice them. I don't want to miss any great games.

snuffalump
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,278 Posts

[Post New]by snuffalump on Sep 1, 09 6:36 AM
My dog's called Sprout....not that it has anything to do with this thread - Sorry

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Sep 1, 09 6:58 AM
I know that this is classified as an adventure game, but the screen shots almost made it look more like a TM game, so I'm hesitant to try this one. Is this a time pressure type game?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 1, 09 6:59 AM
I thought it was more of a simulation game, but then I only played the beta for a few minutes because I don't like simulation or TM games.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 1, 09 7:05 AM
Yes it is simulation/strategy. I just played for 20 minutes - it is opposite of Time Management as it is slow going to build stuff. It is cute and I like these kind of games and will probably buy it.
You gotta love those little Sprouts

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Sep 1, 09 7:12 AM
Thanks LordKalvan and govegril! I'm not big on the time pressure aspect of TM games since I like to relax, not get my adrenaline pumping, when I play a computer game. If this is a simulation game I might demo it and see how I like it.

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Sep 1, 09 7:15 AM
It's a really cute game and along the lines of the Virtual Tribe games but it moves along a bit quicker. The voices had me giggling alot as well as the dialogue of the sprouts. I had all my sprouts playing with the mushroom ball (had 7bof them when the trial ran out) and the way they were all running around and playing with it was hilarious! If BFG doesn't get FF3 soon I might just spend my next credit on this one. Very relaxing, actually.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 1, 09 7:15 AM
this is a great game If you like Virtual Villagers type games give this one a try

[Post New]by truckingirl on Sep 1, 09 7:28 AM
I was thinking about giving this one a try. It shows it has a blog walkthrough so I thought I would look it over first. The page is blank and dated Dec 31, 1969. Just wondering if it worked (the walkthrough) for other fish.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 1, 09 7:38 AM
truckingirl wrote:I was thinking about giving this one a try. It shows it has a blog walkthrough so I thought I would look it over first. The page is blank and dated Dec 31, 1969. Just wondering if it worked (the walkthrough) for other fish.

Hi truckingirl,
No the walkthrought not up yet by the looks of it.

There is a full review and user reviews over at Gamezebo if you want more information. Seems most there feel the game is aimed at children. I can see that but I am going to give it a go. It is not in the same league as Artist Colony (an excellent sim game) but looks fun enough to me.

Edited on 09/01/2009 at 7:39:31 AM PST

[Post New]by truckingirl on Sep 1, 09 7:44 AM
Thanks govegirl they usually don't have a walk through on the first day of launch but the link was there. Just had to laugh at the date. 12/31/69. Had to look twice at it. I usually go to gamezebo for reviews and walk throughs if BF doesn't have posted yet. Not much into sims but am going to give this one a try.

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Sep 1, 09 11:20 AM
The walkthrough is up now.

By the way, "12/31/1969" (or "01/01/1970") means "no date" in computerese.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Sep 1, 09 11:33 AM
I did the beta on this and initially thought it was great.

But as time wore on it just moved too slow for me. There was only so much the Sprouts could do and it felt quite repetitive by the time I finished.

I actually thought there was lot more that could have been done with these Sprouts. They are adorable little suckers and I would have loved for this game to have more depth.

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Sep 1, 09 2:39 PM
milmot wrote:The walkthrough is up now.

By the way, "12/31/1969" (or "01/01/1970") means "no date" in computerese.

Very interesting! I didn't know that either. BF is so educational!

Go to: