SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Updated Version?

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Sep 1, 09 2:38 PM
I just got an e-mail from Alawar that there is an updated version of this game out.

It says that the new version is much easier and has fixed some technical bugs.

Does anyone know anything about this? Does BFG have the most up to date version?

It's great that they fixed bugs but easier? What's up with that? I thought it was just about the perfect level of challenge as it was!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Updated Version?

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Sep 2, 09 5:31 AM
Anyone???

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Sep 2, 09 8:29 AM
I had uninstalled and reinstalled just now. The only improvement I see is that the game loaded faster. I still cant get past the fountain room with the hats. The remaining hat is still laying on the floor and I cant select it.

Hope the new version comes out soon and this issue is taken care of. i cant move any further in the game.

Edited on 09/02/2009 at 8:30:17 AM PST

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Sep 2, 09 9:54 AM
I just contacted support and there is not a planned new release and this issue has not been reported before I did today (or not enough complaints) as i was informed. Peeps must inform support of the issue. There is no fix at this time. They did give me a credit for a new game.

Contact support peeps and complain to get a fix...

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Sep 2, 09 1:36 PM
I haven't had a problem with the game. What I got was an e-mail newsletter from Alawar, dated September 1st. They are the ones who make the game.

I quote:
Sprill and Ritchie – Adventures In Time updated version
We are glad to present the updated version of “Sprill and Ritchie – Adventures In Time” game. This version is much easier and also some technical bags were repaired. And now the game is available at Alawar for $9.95 (special offer for Alawar GameClub members – up to 30%OFF). Our heroes are waiting for your help!

Now, I'd rather purchase from BF any day, and I didn't have any problems with my demo version. But the part where it says it is "much easier" concerns me. I like my games as hard as possible.

Did anyone else get this Newsletter? Has anyone purchased from Alawar and noticed a difference?

I'm not concerned at all about purchasing from BF. I've never had anything but absolutely stellar customer support from them and their downloads are a lot more reliable than anyone else out there, IMO.

I'm just wondering if the versions are different. Maybe BF has had the better version all along and Alawar finally posted the newer one on their own site. I don't know.

I'm just asking if anyone had any better info. I'm probably going to buy the game from BF anyway because I used up my demo and now I'm hooked!

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Sep 2, 09 2:58 PM
I had already purchased the game and am 3/4 the way through when I discovered the issue. Maybe you didnt reach the fountain room yet to have the issue. I purchased it from BF so I didnt receive a message from Alawar. I dunno what more to say. Thanks for your feedback!

Go to: