Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 19, 12 6:13 PM
Ismene wrote:DirectX 9.0c
It's 9.29 now. Doesn't matter though - you'll be prompted to download this after the game itself has downloaded.

Even if you are on Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8, you must say yes to the prompt. DirectX 9 runs in parallel with DirectX 11.

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 6:16:09 PM PST

momo2006
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by momo2006 on Nov 19, 12 6:31 PM
DH has just announced that he's staying up with me for the game! He's even invited his mom (she's a night owl) to make it a "family thing" lol!

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 6:40 PM
momo2006 wrote:DH has just announced that he's staying up with me for the game! He's even invited his mom (she's a night owl) to make it a "family thing" lol!

Way to go! Tell them to hurry up and get on the bus!

sisgabe
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sisgabe on Nov 19, 12 6:42 PM
Just want to put in my and say thank you to all the fishies who made this thread the best these past few weeks! What? It's been said already? By many others? I don't care--the roar of clapping fins in appreciation is so heartwarming, it almost drowns out the strange noises of the bus. Is that Purple snoring up there?? No doubt taking a nap before the big event.

Marshmallows flying through the air, cans of bus spray appearing and disappearing, little fins showing from the overhead bins, all God's creatures (except spiders and snakes) getting along for the most part--I could go on and on and on--it's been one heck of a ride!!!!!!

Glad my little Runic Fishwheel of Fortune puzzles could provide a bit of entertainment. Perhaps next year I'll come prepared with more--I'll go ahead and throw them into my suitcase labelled 2013. Too bad no one solved that difficult one, so many of you were s-o-o-o-o close to the solution. Door prizes will be handed out as you disembark at our destination of Shadow Lake. I hope you can all find something useful in this box of old keys, rusty gears, and broken weapons. Good luck, and if we don't see some of you again.......well, you were warned!

zoogal
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by zoogal on Nov 19, 12 6:48 PM
I'm off to bed I can't wait for tomorrow. I'll be hugging my plush dreaming of the MD's adventures. This year's speculation thread has been lots of fun. Happy gaming everyone.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 19, 12 7:16 PM
purpleali - great song!

Black Widow update: I woke this morning to find a botlle of Aqua Net & a bottle of Raid on they dryer near the Widow's Lair...erm...she wanted to look pretty before she died? I don't even want to know how bro delt with it - he "thinks" it's dead. Really? IMO nothing beats a shovel for peace of mind when it comes to Black Widdows (or Black WiddowERS - I'm telling you Charles would have benefited greatly from a tryst with a shovel!)

Along with everyone else I've got mixed emotions about our early release - that we will all actually be playing it soon, but that it is now time to board the bus and head for our final destination! These weeks have flown by! Soon there will be nothing left of Specapalooza '12 but our worn down pencils, crumpled pieces of paper with rejected grids and the odd empty marshmallow bag! Along with a faint scent of diesel from the MCF bus mingling with the mist that's rolling in to cover it all in gray silence.

I do want to send a special shout to GameLvr and crazycat for their scribing skills & mandi_berg for the Titanic Twitter Task! BIG 'grats and *hugs* to all those who morphed like mad & those who scored the coveted Posters! And to all our Bards for the am-azing poems & songs that kept us laughing in the midst of our Puzzle Mania! Final thanks to Picman & Hondo...just for everything!

Thanks to every-single-fish that posted - whether 100 times or 1! Some things bear repeating and Tweam Trip P would be just an ordinary old Team without every WE here! It really IS amazing that so many people from all over the globe came together seamlessly to Spec and Solve! Hold that memory

I hope we all enjoy the game!! Heck if we like the game half as much as we liked the speculation - we'll all come out ahead!

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 19, 12 7:23 PM
Awww geez.....it feels like we need a universal group hug about now.

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 19, 12 7:26 PM
Being honestly too sleepy to write a new post about how awesome this spec thread is, how fantastic all of the fishies are (even the plurkers), and how amazing Hondo and Picman were for moderating and hosting the thread, I second the post two above mine (and the one above), and all posts to such affect from earlier. Good night fishies.

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 7:26:35 PM PST

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 19, 12 7:27 PM
Extremely well said, Eoarod. You should know that without your painstaking collection of our ideas we would have gotten nowhere with most of those clues. Bravo to both you and crazycatfishlady!! Thank you.

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 19, 12 7:27 PM
sunfish09 wrote:Bordrblaze It was 2 drawings of Charles Dad if I remember it correctly

Please highlight above and I don't think it was a direct hint to MCF9 maybe a future MCF game

Sorry for the late reply. My cell won't let me highlight. thanks!

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
833 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Nov 19, 12 7:30 PM
Well said, Eoarod! And others, as well. It's almost sad, every year, when the spec thread ends. Of course, a new MCF helps ease the sadness. I've had so much fun this year! I'll be up longer (hoping to stay awake until the release; though I can't buy it until Wednesday anyway, I can still at least play the demo! LOL) but to any fishies who are headed to bed...

Goodnight, sweet dreams, and thank you for helping make this year's spec thread so much fun.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 19, 12 7:31 PM
Is anybody else as curious as I am? Where are Hondo and Picman on this last night of the Spec thread??

sisgabe
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sisgabe on Nov 19, 12 7:34 PM
Looking for the missing "e"??

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 19, 12 7:36 PM
Good morning everyone! I see we only have very little waiting left to do!!

Well it's been a total blast for me heh. Waking up, wondering 'what on earth could Picman or Hondo have posted when I was asleep' and rushing here to find out I'm really sad the fun is over, since it's the first time I've managed to keep up with the spec thread!

Ad of course special shout outs to Eoarod, Gamelvr30 and crazycatfishlady for all the clue/theory compilations and all the wonderful fishies who've made me chuckle with your songs and poems! You've made my mornings that much sweeter.

I'll miss solving clues. Quite frankly I've never felt smarter it's been a great ride and I'm proud to have been a part of Tweam Trip P, with the friendliest fishies I've met

Edit: Well what do ya know - I end this year on a Minnow-high!

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 7:40:46 PM PST

ramps01
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ramps01 on Nov 19, 12 7:36 PM
mcf_square_eyes wrote:Just to clarify for some who may be confused on the release time given their time zone ( I know this because it's how I countdown each year)

If you are a game club member therefore able to purchase Shadow Lake as TGT go by the countdown on the BFG home page where the hours and minutes are counting down the access end time for the current TGT.

For me this is a rather convenient time of approximately 4pm being an Australian fishie. The downside is that after just returning from leave I have work tomorrow and really feel like just dialing it in

If I'm incorrect in my method please feel free to correct me. I just have many fond memories of staring at the screen, seeing 0 hours, 0 minutes left, new MCF game pops up as TGT, finger hits Buy Now! (all done in a dream like, possessed manner with moments of palpitations interspersed with moments of reminding myself to breath )

Same

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 7:37 PM
ARE WE THERE YET?????????

Food fight in aisle 7 -"NOOOOOO...how many times do I have to tell you? NO MARSHMALLOW THWANGING ON THE BUS!"

Cleanup on aisle 2 "Purps? Could you please make sure the windows are closed before you blow? I realize "it's a whale thing" but a little warning would be good!"

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 19, 12 7:39 PM
Forcing page to come up.

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 19, 12 8:07 PM
YEEEP (as Dave would say) if you don't know - I could tell you - but I'd have to kill ya

Popped in to echo all the platitudes of praise that have been used by other fishy's to congratulate 3 or 4, or more that kept us ALL on track.

You SOON realize that in this type of thread - the ONLY bad guess, or theory is NO GUESS.

I see many MORPHED - as I did in my first year aboard.

I also expect to see some new song writers and poets hitting the future news.

Good luck all you MD fishies - Just like ELLEN - - and brought to rrrrright here at GREAT personal expense - you ALL GET A SPECIAL EDITION SHERLOCK HAT , MAGNIFYING GLASS AND - A BOSTON BLACKIE PENCIL THIN MOUSTACHE ( - oops sorry - just turn the moustache a quarter turn anti clockwise, or clockwise - as you prefer.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

bbt

Edited on 11/19/2012 at 8:08:54 PM PST

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 19, 12 8:14 PM
Thanks to everyone for making this year's spec thread so much fun! Sad to see it coming to an end. Thought we had another day....

Wondering: Is part of Shadow Lake finding/saving/rescuing/curing Picman who seems to have gone MIA???

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 19, 12 8:18 PM
Gotta leave now. In case I don't get back in time I'll say so long and thanks again to ALL the wonderful fishies who made this thread possible.

Hood ornament dropping off now. See you in Shadow Lake!!!

Go to: