edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Paris 12-2 is "Functionally Dishonest"

[Post New]by edp1730 on Sep 18, 15 4:07 PM
By "functionally dishonest" I mean you cannot win the level with the gummies provided by the game - you have to use a boost. The light blue "star bomb" in the center of this level must detonate BEFORE the ticking bombs, or you lose. This requires matching several light blue gummies to fill the bomb. I don't know how many gummies, because I still have NOT beaten it. I am so frustrated that I decided to start logging the number of light blue gummies that appear on the initial screen. The numbers are SO LOW I decided to create this discussion - hoping the mods/developers will do something about it. On 11 (eleven) consecutive attempts, the initial number of light blue gummies was 2, 3, 4, 3, 5 (scattered all over the screen, not together), 2, 4, 3, 4, 7 (had high hopes for this one, but lost), and finally 0 (ZERO). When I got the "zero", I said "Enough is enough - this is completely unacceptable!". I know you don't have to play every level - I never have in any city - but the game is SUPPOSED to be FUN! That's certainly not the case here. I know changes have been made throughout the life of Gummy Drop! - I hope this (and any other similar levels) get added to the list. Thanks!

Re:Paris 12-2 is "Functionally Dishonest"

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Sep 20, 15 12:00 AM
Boosts are an integeral part of the game; I've found that it's almost impossible to complete any 3rd level without boosts or extra turns.
On this one, I finally just took out that blue flower with the shovel boost. If I remember correctly, when you do that, it explodes across, and takes out that whole line.
This wasn't the only level that is set up with not enough of a certain gummy to fill a flower ....use a boost!

edp1730
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by edp1730 on Sep 20, 15 6:54 AM
Thanks for the info! I couldn't even beat the Intern level without the boost, which is why I wrote the original post, but at least I finally did beat it. PS: For me - the "?" at the end of that row wasn't worth the effort. LOL

[Post New]by MarktheShark69 on Oct 24, 15 7:15 PM
I TOTALLY agree! This level is way too hard and does not give out enough blue gummies to finish. I never have, and thankfully I was able to finish Paris without it. The developers need to create a patch or something for this level....

[Post New]by MarktheShark69 on Oct 24, 15 7:29 PM
And if you think that level is tough, wait until London 16...

Go to: