mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Coincidence?

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 19, 15 2:46 AM
I played the stars slot my usual way, I play until I'm down 12 stars from where I started. I average approximately 8 GOLD per session.

This morning, after I finished my PD quests, I played my 12 stars. I won 55 stars (so I played for a long time) and 26 GOLD. as well as an assortment of food and keepsakes and bundles.

Perhaps the Devs tweaked the drop rate in the stars slot in time for PD.

Happy Day 1.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Coincidence?

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 19, 15 2:53 AM
At the moment I am also finding that the drop rate of fuel has improved a lot (at least in those first three countries) - but don't yet know if this is just luck or a permanent feature.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 3:07 AM
Crossing fingers you are both right,. I went into this event with no fuel.. figured it would be the closest thing to if the game would have been updated last year to include..

Looks like that was the wrong move.. but who knew? Didn't want to blow through the event like those in the past..

No now, I really need the good drop rates.

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by micbas on Sep 19, 15 3:21 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Crossing fingers you are both right,. I went into this event with no fuel.. figured it would be the closest thing to if the game would have been updated last year to include..

Looks like that was the wrong move.. but who knew? Didn't want to blow through the event like those in the past..

You can also buy fuell in the store with gold. I had 900 goldbars left from earlier events.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 19, 15 3:51 AM
I do not have so much gold in stock unfortunately. But we have this circular system which works fairly well:
1) visit Italy, Egypt, Indonesia to get fuel and to complete collections
2) cash in collections for stars
3) play the stars slot machine to get gold to buy more fuel.....

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 4:01 AM
micbas wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:Crossing fingers you are both right,. I went into this event with no fuel.. figured it would be the closest thing to if the game would have been updated last year to include..

You can also buy fuell in the store with gold. I had 900 goldbars left from earlier events.

I know.. I have some gold stockpiled from V-Day and Spring.. and my drop rate doesn't seem all that great. I would rather not have to use the gold for fuel.. that'll go really quick..

And I'm also not getting all the collectibles on the 1st try. They don't seem to be in Fast Shopper Mode.. only in Silhouette & Picky for right now.. still making some rounds.. but if it doesn't drop.. that's 4 more times you have to play to just get the CHANCE to get them..

Doesn't seem like this will be a gold rich event..

Have all the collectibles been accounted for?

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 19, 15 4:40 AM
Yes, they have. They are all in the countries in either picture, silhouette or picky mode.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 19, 15 7:39 AM
Spain is the only one with a complete collection;
Pirate Cookie Jars with Crew and Sailor in Fast, Mermaid -Picture, Whale-Silhouette, and Cthulhu- Picky.

Pirate Ship Decorations all found in Silhouette. Shovel - Argentina, Map- Egypt, Treasure Box -Italy, Sail Boat - Indonesia, and Junk Ship- Nez Zealand.

Pirate Navigation- all found on Picture mode. Astrolabe - Egypt, Sextant- Argentina, Telescope - Antarctica, Compass - Indonesia, and Scroll - New Zealand.

Seven Seas Pearls - All found in Picky mode. Baroque-Italy, Iridescent- Indonesia, South Sea- New Zealand, Peach- Antarctica, and Perfect- Canada.

Edited on 09/19/2015 at 7:39:45 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 19, 15 8:36 AM
Since I waited for Spain to open for free, I can report that the crew and sailor collectible are dropping in fast shopper mode.

I played for about 2 hours and made 13 trips to Spain. It's slow going because I'm recording which collectibles, and how much wallpaper and fuel I've received with each trip.

So far:

10 trips in fast mode: 7 crew, 3 sailor, 5 wallpaper, 10 fuel
3 trips in picture mode: 1 mermaid, 5 wallpaper, 4 fuels

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 19, 15 8:58 AM
TiramaSue wrote:

So far:

Nothing showing in Silh- Whale or Picky - Cthulha yet?

I am wondering if this is going to be one of the circumstances where the location needs to be on an advanced level for the items to drop or wait for the quest to appear for anyone else.

GCP has answered - all countries on Guru and is receiving all the pieces. Anyone else? What level are you on and receiving the pieces each time you play through a mode?

Edited on 09/19/2015 at 9:01:44 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 19, 15 9:07 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

So far:

Nothing showing in Silh- Whale or Picky - Cthulha yet?

I am wondering if this is going to be one of the circumstances where the location needs to be on an advanced level for the items to drop or wait for the quest to appear for anyone else.

GCP has answered - all countries on Guru and is receiving all the pieces. Anyone else? What level are you on and receiving the pieces each time you play through a mode?

I still haven't reached silhouette or picky mode.

Trips 1-7 were in fast mode
Trip 8 was picture mode

Silhouette mode will be available to me on trip 19.

Back to the unfriendly skies.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 19, 15 9:22 AM
Makes perfect sense. So one can get their wallpaper but there will be a surplus of the each item in the beginning modes. Seems to go along with all the other quests along the way.

I am feeling quite good about not going out of my way to finish up the AES buildings before Pirate's Day.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 19, 15 9:47 AM
I can't imagine going through this more than once.

If this event had arrived last year, I'm not sure it's physically possible to get the museum complex to level 5 in time for the customization quests, or whether enough gold would have been earned to justify spending some to speed up the customizations.

I've made 24 trips to Spain and have picked up 26 wallpapers. The entire complex needs 157 wallpapers. So unless the drop rate changes, a person would have to play past guru level to get all the wallpaper needed.

That's 303 units of fuel just to get wallpaper. Doesn't take into account all the fuel used riding the IEI merry-go-round to get those 303 units of fuel.

The owner of BoomZap claimed to know that the people playing the games BZ made for Big Fish don't like to be frustrated. Did he forget to mention that fact to his programmers?

This special event takes frustration to a whole new level.

And I guess we can expect more of the same for Halloween.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 19, 15 11:06 AM
I reached picky mode on my 35th trip to Spain.

So for anybody who waited for Spain to open (which is probably what was originally intended by the developers), it would take at least 105 units of fuel to complete the first set of Pirate Day Cookie Jars to earn 10 gold bars.

Since the Cthulha did not drop for me, I will have to spend at least 12 more fuel to complete my first collection.

I did manage to complete 16 Medieval Ran Cookie Jar collections and got 35 pieces of wallpaper and 39 units of fuel.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 19, 15 11:19 AM
TSue - it only took me 13 trips to Spain to complete the Pirate Cookie Jar collection at a net loss of 16 fuel.

I have 124 wallpapers. I GURUed Spain and have done an additional 20 trips (I'm not sure how many trips it takes to finish GURU, from start to finish). So you are correct about the ridiculous number of visits it will take to earn the 157 wallpaper. Best to buy some with GOLD. I, E & I does get tedious after awhile (understatement)!

Cheers

Edited on 09/19/2015 at 11:21:07 AM PST

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 19, 15 11:29 AM
I know it's been a long time, but I noticed a much higher drop rate on the "rare" items in the overseas collections (the badge ones, like the flying machine, the sarcophagus, etc.) when I was playing today to get the PD collectibles. So I collected a LOT of fuel from filling those collections. (I had 330 going in this morning...still have 319 after a LOT of trips to all countries and to Spain.) Also got the princess cookie jar (generally my rare one in that collection) about five times today, so that's an additional fifty gold in itself. I stopped before playing my stars, because I have other games that need daily attention. (DM, mostly.)

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 19, 15 11:40 AM
mpendo wrote:TSue - it only took me 13 trips to Spain to complete the Pirate Cookie Jar collection at a net loss of 16 fuel.

I have 124 wallpapers. I GURUed Spain and have done an additional 20 trips (I'm not sure how many trips it takes to finish GURU, from start to finish). So you are correct about the ridiculous number of visits it will take to earn the 157 wallpaper. Best to buy some with GOLD. I, E & I does get tedious after awhile (understatement)!

Cheers

It takes 101 trips to become a Guru. I waited for Spain to open for free, which is the way many of us would have played if the event arrived on time last year. I don't need all the wallpaper, I already bought a bunch so I could finish all but 1 building.

I'm just tracking wallpaper for the sake of research to get a picture of what we would have been trying to accomplish if there hadn't been a gold-glitch and if the updates had been issued on time.

My conclusion so far is that this event would have been physically impossible to complete without having prior knowledge and/or spending lots of gold.

Structuring the event this way might have been a last ditch effort to get people to pay to play. I don't think it would have worked, even back in 2014. There is just too much gold needed.

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by micbas on Sep 20, 15 12:37 AM
I played several hours, I guess 3 in total, and have all the collections completed for Pirate day.
And a few months ago I looked what was needed for all the achievements of pirate day and changed all my buildings at that moment to the pirate decorations.
So now I only have the daily quest's to do.

Go to: