ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Pirates Day Makes No Sense

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 1:45 PM
How frustrating.. this event doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

You can't customize the buildings in the time they allotted

You can only customize ONE building at a time, it's not like you can get the whole town changed

The cost for chasing after the collectibles is more than the collectibles are worth

The drop rates for those collectibles are not good (at least for me)

Reports of cashed in collectibles not counting toward the achievement.

I'm afraid of what the rest of the 8 days are going to bring.. After all that time, and this is what we get.. downright unbelievable.

Macky922
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Pirates Day Makes No Sense

[Post New]by Macky922 on Sep 19, 15 1:57 PM
Granted, I customized all my buildings before PD started, but I was able to do them all at once. The longest ones took 5 days (127 hours). I've got more gold now than when I started and haven't used that much fuel. The achievement thing is bugging me though.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 2:08 PM
A lot of people completed the customization before the event.. but for those who didn't it doesn't look like they'll be able to participate.

How can you have a timed event and give quests that are unattainable?

Macky922
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Macky922 on Sep 19, 15 2:18 PM
How long does it take now?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 2:45 PM
32 hours for a building in Paw Paw..

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Sep 19, 15 2:58 PM
Chestnut - You can customize as many buildings as you have resources all at the same time. You're right though - you need to do them early in order to finish.

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Sep 19, 15 4:08 PM
Yes, but the quests only give you 24 hours to complete and the shortest upgrade takes 32 hours. How does that compute? Should the quests be ignored until all the breezy bay buildings are upgraded? That means that pirates day wouldn't start then until tomorrow afternoon. I wonder if tjat will work???

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 5:12 PM
Gquin wrote:Yes, but the quests only give you 24 hours to complete and the shortest upgrade takes 32 hours. How does that compute? Should the quests be ignored until all the breezy bay buildings are upgraded? That means that pirates day wouldn't start then until tomorrow afternoon. I wonder if tjat will work???

Exactly-- it's a mess.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 5:14 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
Gquin wrote:Yes, but the quests only give you 24 hours to complete and the shortest upgrade takes 32 hours. How does that compute? Should the quests be ignored until all the breezy bay buildings are upgraded? That means that pirates day wouldn't start then until tomorrow afternoon. I wonder if tjat will work???

Exactly-- it's a mess.

I don't think the timer is for the individual computer like AK, I think it's based on your local time.. not when you start but the date.

But, if you can't complete, maybe be the guinea pig for the group and see if there's any work around.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 19, 15 5:49 PM
Well did we hear from the Aussies about this particular thing or we have to wait for tomorrow to figure out our fate?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 19, 15 6:08 PM
I have one building in the Museum complex being upgraded to level 5. It has 5 more hours to go and should be ready for customization when the quest to do so arrives.

I don't need the gold and at this point I don't give a monkey's about the achievement, so I'm willing to take a hit for the team and wait to start my customization when the quest shows up and will let the customization take as long as it takes. I'll try to remember to check the building every couple of hours to record the cost of speeding it up.

The info might not help anybody this year, but may be of use for next year's players.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Sep 19, 15 6:13 PM
GOT ONE QUEST LAST NIGHT FOR THE BULDINGS IN BREEZY BAY COMPLETED IT THEN THAT PIRATE DISAPPEARED. I HAVE HAD NO MORE QUESTS. NOW WHAT ?????

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 19, 15 6:25 PM
Charlie the handsome Pirate with the bling is where the banner was originally at the bottom.. Poke down there and he pops up, lets you know whats going on or for me at this point whats NOT going on..lol..

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Sep 19, 15 7:50 PM
I have some much resources and fuel and gold stocked up dont really need anything all my buildings are all pirate themed now I got so much food stored up to bad I can give some away to some of the new ones starting the game I just play for the fun of it just trying to make guru on everything

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 19, 15 7:58 PM
crestedwave wrote:I have some much resources and fuel and gold stocked up dont really need anything all my buildings are all pirate themed now I got so much food stored up to bad I can give some away to some of the new ones starting the game I just play for the fun of it just trying to make guru on everything

Like you, I am overflowing in supplies and everything is Pirate.. so most won't be a big deal. the point was that the quests don't match the reality of playing..

IF you hadn't received the heads up to pre-customize everything earlier, you may be in the same boat as others.

Plus the surprise of them releasing such an narrow event.. only certain players can play.. and that just seem odd.

The only thing I didn't hoard is fuel. wanted to test how it would have been. I guess I thought the drops would be a little looser like other events.. but not so.. at least not my game.

Go to: