Edited on 09/20/2015 at 5:25:31 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 20, 15 5:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 20, 15 5:53 AM
Same old Same old and I believe this has been out for awhile. I downloaded the trial and I only had 21 minutes left so it's been around.

Certainty not worth $13.99. . It's running around doing nothing but collecting supplies.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Sep 20, 15 7:56 AM
mkastor wrote:Same old Same old and I believe this has been out for awhile. I downloaded the trial and I only had 21 minutes left so it's been around.

Certainty not worth $13.99. . It's running around doing nothing but collecting supplies.

It's the SE from the CE that came out a month ago, so it's not $ 13.99 now

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 20, 15 1:07 PM

It's the SE from the CE that came out a month ago, so it's not $ 13.99 now

Shelterhill. Yes, it is the SE to the previously released CE (which I purchased) but I don't see the difference between the CE and the SE. There are still 'special items' to click on - like rocks and skeleton heads of dead animals. So, what makes it different? So disappointed I didn't wait for the SE release.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Sep 22, 15 1:00 PM
@mrm2006
Isn't the main difference between the two the addition of the 'extra episode' which would be 10 levels + puzzle + bonus level? At least that's how I read it, and certainly the fifth section was not only on a separate island, it had pretty much nothing to do with the main story and looked like it could easily be 'lopped off' without affecting the game itself. While it's nowhere near as generous a CE as the Royal Envoy CEs, I thought 11 extra levels was worth it especially when combined with a sale promo that was on at the time.

As for the game itself, I found that while I really disliked the screen shake when Hercules booted a rock or Megara restored trees, the overall game play was good and when played on 'expert' setting (? can't remember what it was called exactly) it was nicely challenging. I'm still not sure about beating two of the Dev's records (3.1 and the super bonus level), but plan to keep poking away at them until someone finds a way or it's revealed that there's a bug (super bonus...). While I have tried one or two of the other games in this series, this is the first game from it that I've purchased (as a CE at that). All-in-all, I found this to be a good TM game.

(ETA: While I did take a peek at the SE demo, obviously I didn't end up purchasing it. One thing that did stick out when playing it though, was that the game seemed a lot more... sparkly than I remember. Perhaps it's my memory playing tricks, but I couldn't help noticing there were a lot of sparkles in that first part.)

Edited on 09/22/2015 at 1:04:35 PM PST

Go to: