P-Day Collectibles

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

P-Day Collectibles

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 20, 15 5:02 AM
I don't want this to get lost in the other posts..

Checking to see if others are having same/different experience.

I have redeemed (for Odin quest) 1 of each of the PDay collections. I received credit from Odin, but did NOT receive credit for the Pirate Day Event.

Is there anyone who HAS redeemed and received credit? Or are we all in the same boat?

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Re:P-Day Collectibles

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Sep 20, 15 5:06 AM
I have the same problem, got credit from Odin but no gold and no credit in the achievements.

Edited on 09/20/2015 at 5:07:16 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 20, 15 5:07 AM
tcarter50 wrote:I have completed all of the collectibles but have received credit for none of them.

And you tried to turn them in correct? So you got the 10 gold for the collection, but the achievement part is still empty or blank, right?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 20, 15 5:14 AM
Crud. I see you edited your post. Thanks for the responses. Hoping others will let us know their experience too.

So unless there's a quest (which I'm sure there will be) and it gives us credit, wondering how this will impact being able to successfully complete and receive the overall rewards for P-Day.. or if this is separate and won't impact that.

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Sep 20, 15 5:20 AM
It's the same for me, but I don't see it as a problem or a glitch.
I think that Odin's quests are simply not part of the PD quest series, but appear at the same time; this was the same with all the other collections: there was his quest wanting all the collections, but for each collection there was a single quest from Odin also, remember? In my view this is good news! There are 44 PD quests. 31 of them will be customizing the buildings, so there are 13 left with possibly more interesting contents. I am quite happy that not another 4 of these 13 are taken up with completing collections, which I would do anyway. So I just hope that after the 31 customizing quests there will be other things to do! Or Antonio will later also ask after the collections as part of the PD quests, this wouldc mean that you get rewards for completing them once more.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 20, 15 5:29 AM
There is an achievement under Pirates Day that says
'Collect all Pirate Day Collectibles" . It rewards 20 gold.

In the past events, we've been able to redeem this at any time during the event and have received credit. This one, so far, we have not. That is what I'm a little peeved at.

I know this event has been completely different from any other event we've played, so I'm hoping that the reward for completing all the collectibles will be triggered another way. But it's not working the way we've traditionally completed it in the past.

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Sep 20, 15 5:39 AM
Yes, I see what you mean, I had overlooked this part. And it's the same for me as for all of you here also: no counting of the collections in this achievement up to now.

[Post New]by pixietamber on Sep 20, 15 5:40 AM
I'm having major issues with the game shutting my computer off. It allows me to play for a bit sometimes once or twice only sometimes for an hour & then it shuts down my computer usually when I'm working on a scene that will give me a collectible and taking my progress (including the collectible and fuel earned with it).

It's happened at least 20 times tonight!

NOT IMPRESSED.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 20, 15 5:41 AM
Good idea, CH. I added it as a link to the top of Pday 2015

Bringing over a few posts.

by shooter9325 on Sep 19, 15 8:51 AM
I finished the Odin's quest for the collectibles. But did not received the 20 gold bars for achievement of finishing the 4 collectibles. Am I missing something?

All my countries are at Guru level
?

by jacq58 on Sep 19, 15 9:39 AM
I also have not received the achievement gold bars for collecting all the collectibles. I thought maybe it was because I did not collect reward - however have done that now and still not showing in my 'achievements' and not showing on events progress - is this another 'bug' in the game?

by Macky922 on Sep 19, 15 1:09 PM
So what's the consensus on not getting achievement credit for our collections? Is it a glitch or something that will come along further down the line? It's going to be very disappointing if this thing is so screwed up, we can't get the proper reward for completing the quests and achievements

by GulfCoastGuppy in Pirate's Day 2015 posted on Sep 19, 15 5:00 PM

Macky-gotta do you one better...I got the 4 collections, Odin gave me credit but not in achievements just like you. But I only received one building to customize (which of course takes more time than the quest allows), not seven. S-o-o-o-o... I have zero achievements! All buildings are level 5 and I only customized toy shop earlier than PD. Oh well, will see what tomorrow brings.

Edited on 09/20/2015 at 5:42:24 AM PST

mlc311
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by mlc311 on Sep 20, 15 6:19 AM
Not only do I not get the gold for PD, but I had a few left from Easter and I don't get gold for them either!!! Think the bank is broke!!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 20, 15 6:43 AM
In general, the bank is not broke. Make sure you are logged into the game when you try to redeem collections for rewards. If you are not connected to the server, you will get a message that is what is needed

With that said, there are some games that have other issues going on that are more specific to the player's particular game. If you are not getting messages about not being logged on to the server to redeem I would suggest you contact customer service. Their link is at the bottom of this page under the g+ logo.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Sep 20, 15 8:46 AM
I also completed all pirate collections, got credit for them from Odin, but not under Achievements.

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Sep 20, 15 8:55 AM
Ditto, finished all collections and got reward 10 gold for each but not showing on PD event.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 20, 15 9:05 AM
I'm holding on to mine until we either get a quest asking us to redeem them, or it's the last day of the event. at that point I'll cash them in to please Odin.

I sure hope we're NOT going to get a quest requiring us to FIND them again, unless they make them available in the cities.

But I'll spend some time gathering fuel just in case. It won't go to waste. It's a dead cert we'll need it next month for Halloween.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 20, 15 10:44 AM
I've got the same experience too but was pleased that I did at least get the credit from Odin. Though when I went to the warehouse I could only spot the pirate ship and not any of the others.
Last time I seem to remember we got the reward for "4 collections" - but were surprised when this could be done by having the same collection 4 times! This time I have got the 4 separate ones completed - but no reward. Maybe we have to collect them multiple times?? However, the reward is only 20 gold and as we get 10 for each collection that is a reward in itself!

lpcb
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by lpcb on Sep 20, 15 3:26 PM
pixietamber wrote:I'm having major issues with the game shutting my computer off. It allows me to play for a bit sometimes once or twice only sometimes for an hour & then it shuts down my computer usually when I'm working on a scene that will give me a collectible and taking my progress (including the collectible and fuel earned with it).

NOT IMPRESSED.

Mine has been doing that as well, my comp. says it's over heating, then shuts down. I can't really play for more than 15 minutes at a time, sometimes 1/2 hour. I lose whatever I'm working on, so I don't want to push it now with PD. Could this be what is happening with you?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 20, 15 3:41 PM
lpcb wrote:
pixietamber wrote:I'm having major issues with the game shutting my computer off. It allows me to play for a bit sometimes once or twice only sometimes for an hour & then it shuts down my computer usually when I'm working on a scene that will give me a collectible and taking my progress (including the collectible and fuel earned with it).

NOT IMPRESSED.

Mine has been doing that as well, my comp. says it's over heating, then shuts down. I can't really play for more than 15 minutes at a time, sometimes 1/2 hour. I lose whatever I'm working on, so I don't want to push it now with PD. Could this be what is happening with you?

This game takes a lot of resources and can make the PC, especially a lap top heat up quite a bit. Check to see if the fan is blocked or dirty. If you have pets, animal hair gets in that thing fierce and clog the radiator looking thing. That WILL cause it to shut down! The computer is telling you something is wrong by shutting down. Heed the warning..Double check the fan........Maybe take it into the shop if its a lap top if Pc open the hatch and while powered off vacuum it out gently. Check the fan is working.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 20, 15 10:00 PM
Had that problem with my laptop overheating especially in summer. Got a cooling fan pad for it that seems to have solved the problem. I also limit my playing time to make sure I don't have that again.

When the game itself froze my computer twice on day 2 of the PD quest and took away my chance to finish customising Paw Paw Grove, I nearly spat the dummy. (pacifier to people In the U.S.A)

Will have to wait until next year to complete this achievement. Have turned in all the collections to ODIOUS BOXER and have some spares in case Cap'n Antonio asks for them.

Reckon tomorrow might be customise the museum buildings.

Bondi Girl

[Post New]by GenieRagan on Sep 21, 15 10:33 AM
Bluex wrote:
lpcb wrote:

NOT IMPRESSED.

This game takes a lot of resources and can make the PC, especially a lap top heat up quite a bit. Check to see if the fan is blocked or dirty. If you have pets, animal hair gets in that thing fierce and clog the radiator looking thing. That WILL cause it to shut down! The computer is telling you something is wrong by shutting down. Heed the warning..Double check the fan........Maybe take it into the shop if its a lap top if Pc open the hatch and while powered off vacuum it out gently. Check the fan is working.

[Post New]by GenieRagan on Sep 21, 15 10:37 AM
If your computer is overheating, do clean it, BUT DO NOT use a vacuum. The vacuum will cause static electricity which can short out the components!!
You should use a soft brush, like a large paint brush or something of the sort.
"Air-in-a-Can" is fantastic for this job. It is a lot quicker and will get to places a brush cannot reach.

Go to: