muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

Buying with food

[Post New]by muttmom on Sep 20, 15 4:52 PM
To buy the sign for the Antique shop it says = buy with 40 food what does that mean?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Buying with food

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 20, 15 5:58 PM
There should also be an amount of $ associated with it.. So in other words, once you purchase 40 food.. you can buy the x for $x.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 20, 15 5:58 PM
Scratching head... Muttmom, you always come up with some real winners. Stumped me..You mean you have to buy 40 food items to get the sign? I don't remember that quest. I know there was a few that said to buy a few signs for the shop. But I don't remember food tied in to it. I know you have to spend gold on them maybe and to open the item to buy it with coins you need to open something else. But hon that is just too weird. Write down what the quests says exactly and what you are doing to get that message. As I have NO clue..Post back whats happening..

Blue..

edited .. Well chestnut has a better grasp than me...YOU go CHEST!

Edited on 09/20/2015 at 5:59:21 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 20, 15 6:32 PM
Means you buy 40 food items (taking your word for the number) for it to change from gold to coin.

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Sep 21, 15 3:33 PM
OK, it says buy any 40 food items instead of 200 gold to get the sign.
I'll never get 200 gold.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 21, 15 3:45 PM
muttmom wrote:OK, it says buy any 40 food items instead of 200 gold to get the sign.
I'll never get 200 gold.

That's good. So check your achievements to see how many food you've already purchased. Then purchase the difference to make it 40.

I think the clam chowder is the cheapest. But depending on how much cash you have you may want to vary it.

After you reach the 40 food, go back to the shop.

I can't remember, but either that will unlock the quest and you can now pay $ for it, or it will be satisfied by the food purchase.

Viola.. next quest

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 21, 15 3:55 PM
muttmom wrote:OK, it says buy any 40 food items instead of 200 gold to get the sign.
I'll never get 200 gold.

Like that Bieber song says.. Nevah say Nevah....well I just managed to croak that out quietly...Can't say I have that young man's hair though although grandpa has a tat..No piercings (yet) lol...
Muttmom when you got a lot o' lemons what ya do? Make lemonade...So lets do this trick..You need the sign but don't have enough gold...Whatyagonado? Call ART FORUM BUSTERS!
Lets then turn those coins you got in that pocketbook to some gold shall we? Look at your achievements..
If you buy 40 yes that's right , 40 clams at $800 each...That's $32,000 coins, now I know you have $32,000 coins in that lil change purse you clutchin tight. USE IT honey! If not take a peek at one of the Verdant Green pendents you hoarding there and sell that sucker off. If you can't wear it sell it. With the inflated prices, you'll get more coins in that purse than you can count girl!. So spend the money to make the gold....Do it , you can't take it with ya..Certainly with the way things have turned around lately.

Rats! I really go to work better on timing and delivery.. Chestnut beat me again...

Edited on 09/21/2015 at 3:56:46 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 4:18 PM
CH - succinct and timely as always.

Blue - You win the funny prize.

Long ago I bought the 40 clam chowder - they are still in my closet. To up my meter I bought mac and cheese for 77,000 coins each which fills up your meter and adds some to the meter.

muttmom - remember that the Auction is your friend. Auction spares of everything everyday. Buy stuff you need, especially if the buyout price is right. First thing in the morning appeal to the DAQ audience that has buckets of coins and list for a high price for 1, 6, 12 hours.

Hope this helps

[Post New]by fishfingers10 on Sep 22, 15 4:10 AM
Seriously Blue, quoting Bieber, shame on you, tut tut tut, and here I'm relying on you for my education. more info on the tat please could use a good laugh today!!

Go to: