bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 09 1:05 AM
Be sure to only post comments about the game here. If you have a question about a puzzle in a particular location, please find the thread for that location and post your question there. Please note that each location in Drawn: The Painted Tower has its own individual discussion thread in this forum.

Do not post request for technical support in this thread. If you are having technical problems with the game, please note that most technical problems with our games can be resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we will do our best to help in the forums, the best way to get technical issues resolved is through our Help pages.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 9:10:58 AM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 4, 09 1:44 AM
Rare for me, I bought this game before I even tried it. Have played for an hour and have taken my time because the art work is lovely to look at. Really like a good adventure game and I am enjoying this game so much. Not too easy and not too hard and hints available to help you along if needed. For adventure fans this game is intuitive and flows nicely, also has moments that have made me gasp so it gets extra points for not being predictable and providing surprises. Puzzles are logical and not too difficult so far and you can skip them if you want to but why would you. Highly recommend this game for any adventure fan. from me Going back to the game cos I can't wait to see what happens next.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 1:45:33 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 4, 09 2:36 AM
Wonderful game. I bought it after 15 minutes play. Thanks for another great game.

bbelle

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 4, 09 3:02 AM
im downloading it at the moment and looking forward to an afternoon of fun playing it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 4, 09 3:07 AM
Fantastic! I had high expectations and you know how when you do that you sometimes are disappointed. Not so- very very happy with this game Big Fish

Graphics - Excellent
Story- Intriguing and original
Gameplay - Very Good
Level of Difficulty- Medium
Hint System- Excellent

The only thing that I would criticise and it really is not that big a deal, but going in and out of the paintings and loading screens can be a bit annoying since you have to do so much running around. Can live with that as it is only a few seconds- just lots of them

Marvellous game

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Sep 4, 09 3:07 AM
I've played the first trial hour, and made this an obvious purchase. It lives up to the hype. Gameplay is "adventure-light," reminding a bit of the current Princess Isabella title. But, the graphics, sounds and acting are almost second to none for this kind of "casual" effort. There are some peculiarities, which you'll figure out along the way with the generous hint system. Puzzles can be skipped, as well. The story moves one along nicely. I'm running it on a laptop with only a 128MB video card and it runs great - no glitches thusfar. Based on my first hour, and Margie B.'s fine walkthrough, I'd estimate a 4 to 5 hours playing time for me.

It looks like BFG studios can be justifiably pround of Drawn, which should turn out to be one of the best games of its type this year! 5 Stars!

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Sep 4, 09 3:17 AM
I really think this is a very wonderfull game. I have to go to a friend today but i am looking forward to come home a play that game again.
Well done BFG

purplehaze72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,258 Posts

[Post New]by purplehaze72 on Sep 4, 09 3:23 AM
This is a awesome game, i love the graphics, the game play is fun. i give it

Sweli
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Sweli on Sep 4, 09 3:24 AM
Is there a walkthrough?
Hint is not helping att all! It only tells what I have to do in the painting but not more.

Wonderful game! I played just 15 min and already a sure buy!

Thanks BF

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Sep 4, 09 3:26 AM
Loving this game, graphics are superb. Taking my time, taking in everything I see. I have been a little bit stuck at times but so far managing to advance further. Story line is good, cannot find any fault with it, well done Best Game since Return to Ravenhurst.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 4, 09 3:30 AM
Sweli wrote:Is there a walkthrough?
Hint is not helping att all! It only tells what I have to do in the painting but not more.

Thanks BF

Hi Sweli

We have a walkthrough for Drawn: The Painted Tower on the BFG Blog,

Copy and pasted this link into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough/

Good Luck,

Margie B

[Post New]by iluvchibis on Sep 4, 09 3:41 AM
First time poster!! That was a fantastic game! Loved the graphics and the puzzles weren't too diffcult to figure out. Will there be a sequel to this game?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 4, 09 4:01 AM
Resting my brain a bit, taking a break and the time to stop buy and say:

I *should* wait on giving it that rating as that's as high as I go, but for now that's how I feel. The artwork is sublime, the music as well, the voice of the narrator/helper wonderful. It is a true point and click adventure game but with the current "faster cookie" attitude - by that I mean you get the reward of solving or finding the next area, puzzle, etc. much sooner than the old style Adventure Game. Yes, there's some wandering and "what now?" moments, but careful observation and looking again at past areas (yes, some things do change, you need to revisit) get you on your way again.

The actual puzzles, as opposed to inventory applications you must complete to progress, are skippable after a time. I like this delay as it encourages me to at least try and is not too long a wait. I have skipped 2 of known style I particularly dislike but most have been enjoyable.

I also like that there is a progressive hint system. This doesn't always help as at one point I knew what I needed to do, the hints confirmed it, but I had missed an inventory piece which back tracking found and I moved on. The hint system did not tell me I was missing a piece. BUT usually I just need a gentle nudge and the first hint has been enough. Only needed it a couple times and I think I'll manage fine without a walk-thru (famous last words ) but I do not feel it's too easy.

For me the game has the perfect balance of challenge and reward. This is a highly subjective thing based on lots of personal factors. No doubt some will find it too easy or too difficult to be fun, but this Poodle has landed in "just right" porridge.

Loving it. HIGHLY Poodlebear Approved! (if you like Adventure Games, this is NOT a IHOG)

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Sep 4, 09 4:23 AM
well what can i say my fishies have said it all a brilliant game well done we love you you never let us down when you get games like this one well any chance of another game like 3 day zoo mystery and holliwood detective and the nancy drew dossier ones as i say we love you and drawn is a must for any of you fishies who have not tried it yet i give it 10 and 10 and lots of to you fishies and besstan

[Post New]by Kathy813 on Sep 4, 09 4:29 AM
This is the first Big Fish game that I could not get to work. I immediately had trouble navigating because my mouse cursor would not move correctly one I approached the tower. Too bad as it seemed to be an interesting game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 4, 09 5:38 AM
Absolutely brilliant, I it.

C

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Sep 4, 09 5:39 AM
A lovely Adventure game with wonderful graphics. I have only played for about half an hour and found it neither too easy nor too hard but even if it's more difficult later on we have the walkthrough (thank you BFG and Margie)

It takes quite a while to load different scenes but once you know this is how it is, then what's a few seconds between friends

Kathy813 said:
This is the first Big Fish game that I could not get to work. I immediately had trouble navigating because my mouse cursor would not move correctly one I approached the tower. Too bad as it seemed to be an interesting game.
Note to Kathy813:

My cursor was a little sluggish at first so I 'unticked' custom cursor box in the Options section and even though the cursor looks the same (?) it now moves smoothly for me. Worth a try if you haven't already done that.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 5:42:19 AM PST

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Sep 4, 09 5:51 AM
I love the atmosphere of the game, the graphics, the voice of the narrator, the music - great stuff
The tasks are not too difficult, the hint system is very helpful too - so far I don't think that I'll need a walkthrough (famous last words from my side too)

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Sep 4, 09 6:20 AM
Just finished up and the only disappointment is that it had to end. Wonderful game with everything perfect *except* for tiny niggling loading annoyance but that's a teensy complaint on a giant stack of goodness. I think I got about 4-5 hours play? Kind of hard to know because I started demo at abt 12:40, then played abt 1/2 hour, thought "why am I bothering to demo I know it's good", then downloaded full game (ok, 2 little annoyances, full game download began from the start), took a break to write review, made a sandwich, went back to play, just finished... I dunno, however long worth every dime.

I did use the walk-thru once and had to smack myself because I had missed something crazy obvious. Skipped 3 puzzle games, one after working on it a really long time (dials that must add up to specific numbers), the other 2 almost immediately.

Super game and I stick by my rating. Now just to start counting days until the sequel...

Sweli
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Sweli on Sep 4, 09 6:22 AM
margie134 wrote:
Sweli wrote:Is there a walkthrough?

Thanks BF

Hi Sweli

We have a walkthrough for Drawn: The Painted Tower on the BFG Blog,

Copy and pasted this link into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough/

Good Luck,

Margie B

Go to: