bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Drawn: The Painted Tower technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 09 1:06 AM
Most technical problems with our games are resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we will do our best to help in the forums, the best way to get technical issues resolved is through our Help pages.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 9:09:56 AM PST

DEBSPIGZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower technical issues

[Post New]by DEBSPIGZ on Sep 4, 09 1:48 AM
Why is it that you constantly assume that the fault of the problems with a game come from the player or the players system? Some of your games just don't work right and should be checked out.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Sep 4, 09 2:31 AM
I agree, peglegann. The one time I had a game that really wouldn't run, in spite of all the suggestions by the tech people, they gave me a credit. I do know that since I upgraded my system I've had a lot fewer problems running games

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Sep 4, 09 2:44 AM
I agree, as well, with the helpfulness of BFG support. I recently had a scripting issue with my laptop and, with their little system checker, the Tech person was able to deduce that my built in video card needed updating - something I didn't even know could be done with this system! It fixed the problem right away. So, now I look to PC first for issues.

Moonbees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Moonbees on Sep 4, 09 4:15 AM
I have reached the clock tower and opened the wardrobe.

I am supposed to put the pieces in the frame to construct the man. I got two peices in and it would not let me pick up any other peices so I used the SKIP PUZZLE button,

Now, I am supposed to chisel the man out of the wood. I cannot pick up the chisel. SKIP PUZZLE.

Paint the man...can't pick up brush...

Any suggestions?

sew_what
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by sew_what on Sep 4, 09 4:39 AM
Moonbees,
There are specific threads for questions on what to do next. There is also a walkthrough in the blog. From the review thread
We have a walkthrough for Drawn: The Painted Tower on the BFG Blog,

Copy and pasted this link into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/drawn-the-painted-tower-walkthrough/

Good Luck,

Margie B

sew_what

[Post New]by cofebeab on Sep 4, 09 7:24 AM
Once I reached "the windows" and was able to put the canvas back together and I click on the picture my game just turns off...it happens everytime and it goes to the purchase game screen, even though it says I still have 15 minutes...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 09 7:33 AM
You have finished the sample demo, to the end of chapter 2. In this instance, 1 hour is the maximum time given.

[Post New]by maryclare68 on Sep 4, 09 7:51 AM
cofebeab wrote:Once I reached "the windows" and was able to put the canvas back together and I click on the picture my game just turns off...it happens everytime and it goes to the purchase game screen, even though it says I still have 15 minutes...

I had exactly the same problem, mine closed down when I finished the painting even tho' the demo wasn't finished. I do know that BFG are very good at giving a credit when a game does not work, but they always seem to say it is our video cards that need changing

[Post New]by maryclare68 on Sep 4, 09 7:52 AM
Also mine goes to the purchase game window as well.
So what is the problem then?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 8:06 AM
Maryclare, it means you've reached the end of the sample. It's not the typical "one hour" demo ... it's a specific amount of the game. Different people take different amounts of time to reach the end of the sample. This is when you decide whether or not you will buy the game. If you purchase, it will then download the rest of the game.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 8:49 AM
Moonbees wrote:I have reached the clock tower and opened the wardrobe. I am supposed to put the pieces in the frame to construct the man. I got two peices in and it would not let me pick up any other peices so I used the SKIP PUZZLE button, Now, I am supposed to chisel the man out of the wood. I cannot pick up the chisel. SKIP PUZZLE. Paint the man...can't pick up brush... Any suggestions?

....Moonbees, you might try going to the Options menu and unclicking the Custom Cursor. Sometimes that resolves cursor issues. If not, Live Chat will be open shortly so you could contact them. Good Luck

[Post New]by maryclare68 on Sep 4, 09 8:59 AM
cesse47 wrote:Maryclare, it means you've reached the end of the sample. It's not the typical "one hour" demo ... it's a specific amount of the game. Different people take different amounts of time to reach the end of the sample. This is when you decide whether or not you will buy the game. If you purchase, it will then download the rest of the game.

Ok thank you, so does that mean I have to buy the game, what happens if it still does not work? because I really do like what I have played up to now, except it does take a long time to load and close.

SHENNYTE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SHENNYTE on Sep 4, 09 9:29 AM
I have the same issue with the windows. I click on the canvas with the Witch Doctor and it takes me outof the game. I am sure not going to buy this game until that issue is fixed.

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Sep 4, 09 9:35 AM
Yeah, Same problem here and I do know the difference between ending the sample period and a game simply stopping - there is definately a difference in this case...love the game but I will wait to see if this problem is resolved, and I hope that happens soon!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 9:40 AM
Please note that the free demo version of Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ is different than our other demo's. While there is still a timer, in this free demo you will only be able to play a portion of the game. If you purchase the full version of the game, you will be able to play the entire game.

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Sep 4, 09 9:49 AM
I was thinking that perhaps that was the problem (solution) - and was going to post that thought. Thanks for the clarification. I've been with BFG since 2006 and this type of demo ending is a frist for me. I will buy this game now!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 4, 09 9:58 AM
As Cesse has tried to explain, the demo for this game is only PART of the game. This sample of the game will NOT end the same way a normal 60 minute demo ends. You may or may not have part of your 60 minutes left when you get to the point in the game where the demo SAMPLE ends. When you get kicked to the purchase now page, this is NOT an issue with the game or an indication that the game doesn't work properly. It is the way the sample demo was designed to work. If you look at the download page for the game, you will see that the demo download is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller in size than the full version. This is how you can tell that this one is going to be different because MOST regular demo versions download the same size file as the full version (or at least very close to the same size). The demo file for this one is probably a little less than half the size of the full download. If you've liked the game up until the demo ended, then it's time to purchase it if you wish. I've seen a few other games on BF that are handled this way also. It is the only way to offer a free demo of a large file game. I have posted here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/52687.page#1002114

about why I think things work this way. Some people were having problems not understanding this about the recent Nancy Drew game as well.

HTH!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Sep 4, 09 9:59 AM
Oops! Erie beat me to it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 4, 09 10:24 AM
The trial wording is different.

Play a sample version FREE for one hour (81.59 MB )

Go to: