Now all this darkness you can diminish.

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 1:08:11 AM PST

kimtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Chapter Eight – Top of the Tower

[Post New]by kimtoo on Sep 6, 09 10:27 AM
well, I'd sure like to, cause the last thing I can see is "NO!" and a black sceen. No sound, no ending scenes. I have to hit the 'esc' key to get to the menu. boo-hoo, I wanted to see the end of this!

[Post New]by terriejane12 on Sep 6, 09 10:42 AM
Great game -- sucky ending. If there's more to this I'd sure like to know how to watch it.

[Post New]by lira_lindriel on Sep 6, 09 1:42 PM
I just don't get the ending. Did I manage to save Iris now or is was she taken by those evil guys?

[Post New]by Soultears29 on Sep 6, 09 2:14 PM
I totally have to agree. The ends is really sucky I really had hopped to see the full thing and not just the way everything started! is there anything more to do or the toptower is the last thing??

MrsBen
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBen on Sep 6, 09 6:25 PM
I really hate to see anyone trash talk BFG. I have been buying games from them since the beginning of BFG and I have never seen a more conscientous group of people. At the very beginning, I even compared notes on games with the original CEO. I am 68 years old, I have dealt with a lot of companies and you won't find a group of people, anywhere, who are any more supportive. Their games are outstanding, especially the ones they've developed themselves. It has been fun to see them grow to serve the entire world! I told them at the beginning, they are totally responsible for world wide carpal tunnel syndrome!! Keep up the good work, BFG. You have a lot of loyal fans cheering you on.

pub2b
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by pub2b on Sep 6, 09 7:06 PM
I usually like all their games, but I feel like I need my money back on this one, great play but the ending really was a let down. I want my credit back so I can use it on a game with a satisfying ending.
Unless there is a sequel....

[Post New]by darlenefagina on Sep 6, 09 8:30 PM
I agree. I have loved BFG forEVER and spent loads of money with them. I enjoyed this game, but the ending left me wondering if there had been a glitch! I don't want my money back, but I'd sure like someone to explain what happened. What's in the basement? Did I save Iris? Where is her family? Did Franklin stay stone or did I save him too?

???

Really, just a big WTF. ???

bquilter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bquilter on Sep 6, 09 10:12 PM
I just finished the game. It was fun and I hope there is a sequel, otherwise I will be very disappointed in the ending.

Wazaq
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Wazaq on Sep 6, 09 10:23 PM
I think they left it open for a Sequel. I really like how this game was put together.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 7, 09 4:38 AM
This is the first of a series. The second is already in the works. [Pay special attention to pyiap posts. ]

Edited on 09/07/2009 at 4:39:36 AM PST

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 7, 09 6:28 AM
I don't get why people are so upset over the ending. Yes, it was a cliffhanger but that leaves it open for the next in the series. Maybe it's the whole cliffhanger thing??? I personally found the ending pretty decent and I am looking forward to the next one.

kimtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kimtoo on Sep 7, 09 8:27 AM
Sorry, was what I got the ending? I thought maybe it was a glitch because it was merely a black screen and nothing after the 2 guys say no at Iris's disappearring into air...I'm not at all disappointed in the game itself, I loved it. I just wanted toknow what the ending scenes were.

[Post New]by iancull on Sep 7, 09 1:11 PM
Traumatised by the ending too ... wishing, wishing, for more! But absolutely worth purchasing, what a beautiful game ... just need another just like it ... soon!

[Post New]by EdgarAllenPoe on Sep 7, 09 1:31 PM
I really enjoyed this game--one of the better ones out there. The ending did not upset me so much as others have posted they were. BFG is doing what all good entertainers do--leave their audience wanting for more.

[Post New]by Kohleen on Sep 7, 09 2:09 PM
Just finished this game. Loved it. Came to the postings as I thought maybe I goofed up when I saw the ending. I was disappointed as
I thouht I didn't save the girl. I never got to the basement area by the bell. I don't think it is possible. It was a surprising twist, GREAT GAME!!! I would love a another and a chance to save Iris.

Edited on 09/07/2009 at 2:14:24 PM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 7, 09 2:22 PM
Kohleen, welcome to the Fish Pond. No one actually goes into the basement, you only see down into it where the bell landed ... and hear water dripping and echoing.

Edited on 09/07/2009 at 2:32:22 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 7, 09 2:27 PM
There's a little more than that, cesse. You're told that there's a room down there.

[Post New]by coffeechickia on Sep 7, 09 3:33 PM
I tried to go back after I finished so I could try getting into the basement. My game just restarts at the rooftop scene, with no way to go back down. I want to try to look in the basement! Once you have gone to the rooftop is it too late to check the basement??? Thanks for any help you can give me!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 7, 09 3:36 PM
coffeechickia, welcome to the Fish Pond. Once you finish the game, you cannot revisit other areas. To see the basement, you'd have to play the game again. And you can only see into the basement ... not enter it.

Go to: