bfgFlounder
Moderator
Moderator
12,864 Posts

Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 09 1:12 AM
Add them up, spin them 'round
'Til for every number, a place is found

 

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by retired70 on Sep 4, 09 4:01 PM
well i got to the tower and tha cat walk collapsed ! now i cant get anywhere , what now

 
bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 4:12 PM
Just to let you know, we have a free walkthrough available on the blog that will help you with every puzzle in the game. On top of that, Big Fish Games has a Deluxe Strategy Guide that will also help you on your journey and is also packed with extra goodies.

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Walkthrough

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Deluxe Strategy Guide


The Deluxe strategy guide includes wallpapers and screensavers for your computer as well as the soundtrack from the game. I hope this helps!

 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 10:09 AM
A Tip for those having problems solving the stone puzzle.

...Move the tiles to match up the numbers. When you match a left 5 with a right 5, it's counted as 5 ... not 10. The goal is to have the matched pairs of numbers on the tiles add up to the number in the center.
... Only matched pairs can be added. So, if you have a 5 matched to a 5, a 4 matched to a 4 and a 3 matched to a 2, your total would be 9. ... Hope this helps.
... Good Luck

 
Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Sep 5, 09 7:31 PM
Retired- You are posting in the wrong section. See Chapter 2. Anyway, you need to see the tree after you help the voodoo man.

I am really having a hard time with those spinning locks. I don't know that the fives matching aren't counted as you stated earlier.... I just dunnow. Wound up skipping this puzzle which I hate to do. But the second time around I'm trying to do it now and having a heck of a time. I did look at the walkthrough which shows the answer, but I'd rather figure it out for myself. Any other hints? Thanks!

 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 7:47 PM
Ucwatuget, work on solving the top left one first ... I think it has the largest center number. And, yes, that is how the addition works. The matched pair is counted as that number ... not the sum of the two. And only matched pairs are counted.
...Good Luck ... it is a challenging puzzle ... but doable.

 

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by jykler on Sep 6, 09 10:55 PM
The part I didn't get was, you can move the sections from different circles. I thought they were stuck in the circle they were in. Now I can solve it.

 

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by judymcgrew on Sep 7, 09 5:28 AM
I have placed my cursor at the bottom of the screen and it will not go in a downward position. I clicked four times and nothing Seriously stuck I just want to fix the torn painting. Help

 
sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Sep 7, 09 6:43 AM
Yes, you can move the sections between circles. Also, the little green lights light up when you have a correct match.

 
irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by irishgreen on Sep 7, 09 10:37 AM
Had to skip this puzzle as I just couldn't get it. Looked at the walk thru but now what cesse says makes more sense.
When you finished a puzzle or skip it, it doesn't let you see the answer (wanted to see what I couldn't figure out)

 
Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Sep 7, 09 11:32 AM
Thanks Cesse!

 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 7, 09 11:43 AM
You're most welcome. Glad I was able to help. After the number of PMs I was getting, I decided to post in the thread. This is probably the puzzle that took me the longest. First because I wasn't sure how it worked ... then trying to get all 3. Whew!! They do like to challenge us, huh!!

 

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by ackerson9612 on Sep 7, 09 10:20 PM
retired70 wrote:well i got to the tower and tha cat walk collapsed ! now i cant get anywhere , what now

 

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by ackerson9612 on Sep 7, 09 10:27 PM
i played the demo then bought the game got all the way to the catwalk could not go any where uninstalled game reinstalled that didnt work so i change the player and started all over again gave the girl the star and the heart got the thread and needle pointed to the bottom of the screen and a new story line pop up then i was able to go to the tree painting so i think all u have to do is change player an start all over again work for me anyways hope this helps

 
actorres86
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by actorres86 on Sep 9, 09 7:34 PM
cesse47 wrote:A Tip for those having problems solving the stone puzzle.

...Move the tiles to match up the numbers. When you match a left 5 with a right 5, it's counted as 5 ... not 10. The goal is to have the matched pairs of numbers on the tiles add up to the number in the center.
... Only matched pairs can be added. So, if you have a 5 matched to a 5, a 4 matched to a 4 and a 3 matched to a 2, your total would be 9. ... Hope this helps.
... Good Luck


Thank you so much for this explanation! This was the only puzzle that I skipped. I spent a long time trying to figure out how those numbers were suppose to add up, and all the while the matching numbers were meant to be counted as one, not two numbers. Thanks again!

 
VicNC
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by VicNC on Sep 12, 09 9:12 AM
Also got to the catwalk... walk through says cursor down four times... Done that and still stuck. What are we missing?

 
nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 12, 09 11:11 AM
Could you give more detail about what you mean by being stuck? For instance do you have thread and needle in your inventory and have you been able to travel downward eventually reaching the foyer? I can possible give you some clues once I know exactly where you are.

 
VicNC
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by VicNC on Sep 12, 09 11:18 AM
Not able to travel downward to reach the foyer. Have needle & thread and candle also.

Edited on 09/12/2009 at 11:24:34 AM PST


 
cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 12, 09 12:49 PM
VicNC, if you opened the door and the bell fell crashing through the catwalk and you did not see the video, you have run into a glitch for which no solution has yet been offered. You can uninstall the game and reinstall it ... but will most likely be stuck in the same spot. Most people have started a new game using a new player name and have gotten past that spot ok. You might give that a try. Some have replaced their profile ... but that's really tricky, I think.
.... If you look in the second stickied thread at the top of this game forum, there is a thread for Technical Issues. Look for user name pyiap ... he's from Tech Support and his posts might help.
.... I do think you should report this. Run your DxDiag file and attach it to an email to Customer Support ... the more they can identify with people having the same issue, the better the chances are they can determine how to fix it.
...Good Luck

 
VicNC
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Chapter Four - The Catwalk

[Post New]by VicNC on Sep 12, 09 1:16 PM
cesse47 wrote:VicNC, if you opened the door and the bell fell crashing through the catwalk and you did not see the video, you have run into a glitch for which no solution has yet been offered. You can uninstall the game and reinstall it ... but will most likely be stuck in the same spot. Most people have started a new game using a new player name and have gotten past that spot ok. You might give that a try. Some have replaced their profile ... but that's really tricky, I think.
.... If you look in the second stickied thread at the top of this game forum, there is a thread for Technical Issues. Look for user name pyiap ... he's from Tech Support and his posts might help.
.... I do think you should report this. Run your DxDiag file and attach it to an email to Customer Support ... the more they can identify with people having the same issue, the better the chances are they can determine how to fix it.
...Good Luck



Appreciate the help cesse47,

The game has worked as you described; (bell crashing through the floor, etc.) , but walking away from the scene (broken bridge), is not possible.

Have tried, to no avail, using the "cursor down 4 times". If I understand the cursor down 4 times instruction correctly, I simply move the cursor down to the top of the items list, that is located along the bottom of the screen.

Ran DxDiag with no problems reported. Will try creating another profile. If that fails, we're off to Support.

Happy Gaming!
Vicki

Edited on 09/12/2009 at 1:25:08 PM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: