Chapter Two - The Window

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Chapter Two - The Window

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 09 1:13 AM
Not enough glass? There might be a guide!
Match the pattern with the card on the other side.

cookeemama
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

The Broken Walkway

[Post New]by cookeemama on Sep 4, 09 7:54 AM
After putting the heart in Iris's image and opening the door, I clicked on the walkway and it broke. Which I figured it was supposed to. However, I can't get out of the scene. There are no arrows showing up anywhere. I assume it should be a down arrow as there really is no where else to go in that scene. Getting across isn't an option right now.

I closed the game and re-opened it, but I'm still stuck at the walkway. The walkthrough said to click down 4 times but that doesn't work either.

Help Please

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Chapter Two - The Window

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Sep 4, 09 8:18 AM
I get as far as putting the witch doctor into the picture by the window and then the game flashes through a lot of sceens and then ends just as if it was over. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem. I have shut it down and tried again but it does the same thing.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 8:42 AM
Beckster, welcome to the Fish Pond. I believe this is the end of the demo sample based on what others have said. They only downloaded a part of the game. If you buy it, it will then proceed to download the remainder. Happy Gaming!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 8:45 AM
Cookeemama, your cursor should change to an arrow so you can back away from the door. You may want to call Live Chat when they open at 9 am PST.
...Your other option is to uninstall the game. Then reinstall. You may not have the problem and your game progress should be saved.

Good Luck

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 4, 09 8:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

I checked the demo version of the game and the demo ends after you clean off the Witch Doctor Painting. Depending on how fast you do the demo you will have time left over on the clock. You can start a new profile to play out the rest of the demo time but you will not be able to progress past the Witch Doctor painting unless you buy the game.

Once you buy the game everything will be available to you.

Margie B

cookeemama
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cookeemama on Sep 4, 09 10:44 AM
Thanks, seahorse. There is no arrow. Nothing I do works. So I guess I'll have to go with the re-install. I've never had this happen in a BFG before.

ladytgun
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ladytgun on Sep 4, 09 11:50 AM
I have the same problem with the cursor I have reinstalled it and still can;t get out of the sceen

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 11:55 AM
One other thought, after you reinstall go to Options 1st and "unclick" the custom cursor option. This may be causing some type of conflict that caused your game to get hung up previously. See if that helps. Good Luck

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 4, 09 12:41 PM
I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled, removed the custom cursor and I still have no down arrow. Am taking suggestions here, it is making me a basketcase!!!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 1:34 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Most technical problems with our games are resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

The best way to get technical issues resolved is through our Help pages.

[Post New]by vastawufilis on Sep 4, 09 4:28 PM
I am having the same problem with the cursor at the bottom of the staircase. I talked to someone via livechat a few minutes ago - the uninstall/reinstall didn't help - so I hope that a solution can be found! Meanwhile, I'll just play something else. . .

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Sep 4, 09 5:00 PM
I am having a problem. I don't have an arrow on the staircase to take me up the stairs to start chapter 2. Can anyone help me?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 5:42 PM
If you are experiencing the missing cursor issue, I would first recommend restarting the game to see if that corrects the issue. If it doesn't, I would then try the steps in this article:

Frequent Crashing of Game

I know that the title doesn't apply to what you are reporting here, but I think that it will help in this case as well. I hope this helps!

Edited on 09/04/2009 at 6:01:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 4, 09 6:20 PM
Erie,
It isn't a missing cursor issue. The cursor is there. It is the large arrow that takes you from room to room. You need to click on that arrow 4 times to leave after the stairs collapse. We know that, but the arrow doesn't appear as it did in all the other scenes when you need to change rooms. All we get is a cursor. Live chat doesn't have a remedy for this situation yet, so those of us that it is happening to are just waiting, waiting, and waiting. We will remain patient and trust the matter is resolved.

But boy o boy do I ever want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 5, 09 2:14 AM
On the issue with the arrow to exit scene disappearing. I have had that happen twice in the game now. The arrow did reappear ater a few minutes, but I feel there is definitley some glitch that if you click too much or something part of the game goes strange until it catches up.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Sep 5, 09 4:04 AM
I don't think I had the problem in this location, but at other places I found it hard to find the directional arrow and had to move my cursor around a lot to find the precisely correct spot. Other places, the whole bottom of the screen takes you out of the scene -- it's just some scenes that are very picky.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Sep 5, 09 5:16 AM
cesse47 wrote:Beckster, welcome to the Fish Pond. I believe this is the end of the demo sample based on what others have said. They only downloaded a part of the game. If you buy it, it will then proceed to download the remainder. Happy Gaming!!

I have the same issue. It took me exactly 26 minutes to get to this point. I didn't use any hints or need to look at a walk-through. What worries me is it said the demo DL was almost 82MB and it took me only 26 minutes to get to this point where the game trailer plays & the "demo" is finished. The complete DL is only 174MB. If the rest of the game goes as quickly, that means I will finish the entire game is just over an hour if the difficulty level stays basically the same.

Not sure it's worth a game credit for a little over an hour of playing time regardless of how great the game is. I love the graphics, music, and puzzle-type lay-out of the game but an hour long playing time seems really short.

Has anyone out there actually purchased & finished the game? What was your time to complete?

Edited on 09/05/2009 at 5:19:43 AM PST

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Sep 5, 09 8:01 AM
Basketcase - did the webchat person give you any idea as to how long it would be for them to fix the arrow problem? I bought this game without even demoing which I have never done. I hope they can fix this. Otherwise I will just get my money back. I think it is unfortunate that BF issues games with problems. I assume they test these games on all different systems first so there shouldn't be any glitches. When the first people complain...they should pull the game in my opinion.

[Post New]by Basketcase327 on Sep 5, 09 11:32 AM
Mimi,
As of right now a couple of people are working on the problem. No solution as yet, but they did offer me a free coupon, which I don't need, I just want to be able to play the game. I haven't heard anything today and don't really expect to as it is the holiday weekend.
The only problem they have found when they ran Dr. Felix is that my drivers are 2007 which makes them a little out of date. They are not saying for sure that is the issue and Dell doesn't have any updates available for my type of drivers.
I trust BF and assume that this issue will get worked out, but I too just want to play the game. I also bought without demoing because I did test it when in Seattle. The game (IMO) is worth waiting for.
Govegril, thanks for the input. I have clicked over the entire screen and have waited quite a while to see if anything would happen. Nada, nothing. I still go in periodically to check, but really do appreciate you taking the time to give me some idea of what might be going on.
I have to admit, while my computer is only two years old I may need to do some updating, but until this, have had no issue with any other game.

Go to: