12,864 Posts

Chapter One - The Foyer

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 09 1:14 AM
Banish the rain? The sun just might!
Perhaps some fire will give it light.

Re:Chapter One - The Foyer

[Post New]by barkingmad69 on Sep 4, 09 7:03 AM
hi bfg's

Please could someone help. ive got to the foyer but the statue wont talk to me. And on the top of my game its says "demo" .When i look at the picture on the wall it keeps saying destryoed by what. ive now only got about 15 minutes left of my hour becuse it wont move forward. help!!!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 7:56 AM
barkingmad, welcome to the Fish Pond. Do you have any sparkly areas to click on?
Did you click on the chest straight ahead?

llstjohn
Flounder
Flounder
2,487 Posts

[Post New]by llstjohn on Sep 4, 09 7:59 AM
I can't get anything out of the fireplace to warm the sun. I'm using the tongs.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 8:00 AM
Listjohn, put the sun into the fireplace. Then once it's hot, use tongs to remove it.

[Post New]by insanergamer on Sep 4, 09 9:41 AM
I get to the foyer and then nothing happens. I click on everything and nothing happens. The cursor won't change from the arrow. I click on the two side paintings and it says destroyed by what? but nothing else happens on the screen. I stopped and started again and nothing changes. I don't even get sparkles other stuff. any suggestions. I think the game looks to have much potential but i'm scared to buy if the demo doesn't even work right.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 9:45 AM
insanergamer, you won't immediately be able to do anything with the paintings. There should be sparkles on two documents on the floor, you should be able to talk to the stone man, there should be sparkels on the chest on the left and the one straight ahead. If this is not happening, you should exit the game. Use the Game Manager to delete it. Clear your cache and temp files and restart computer. Then redownload and see if it works for you then. If not, you'll need to contact Customer Support ... (or Live Chat if you're a Game Club member). Good Luck

wildt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by wildt on Sep 4, 09 3:06 PM
need help cant talk to the statue.

wildt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by wildt on Sep 4, 09 3:31 PM
wildt wrote:need help cant talk to the statue.
never mind now I need help finding the scarecrow eyes.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Sep 4, 09 3:35 PM
Just so folks know, we have a free walkthrough available on the blog that will help you with every puzzle in the game. On top of that, Big Fish Games has a Deluxe Strategy Guide that will also help you on your journey and is also packed with extra goodies.

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Walkthrough

Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ Deluxe Strategy Guide

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Most technical problems with our games are resolved through our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

The best way to get technical issues resolved is through our Help pages.

wildt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by wildt on Sep 4, 09 3:51 PM
cant find the rabbit scratch.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 4, 09 8:55 PM
wildt wrote:cant find the rabbit scratch.
I'm not quite sure where you are having a problem. If you are looking for the pumpkin patch, it's inside the scarecrow picture on the far back wall of the foyer just to the left of center after you are inside the picture. If you move your cursor over the picture in that area, a little puzzle piece will appear.
...Hope this helps. Good Luck

Clairey46
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Clairey46 on Sep 5, 09 12:35 AM
I cannot go upstairs. Finished every thing I was supposed to do. It says to click at the top of the scene, but I haven't gone any where. Help!!!!! Please!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Since writing the above, I have bought the game and gone back over what I had done. I still found the scarecrow to be sparkling and a puzzle piece over the water. After reading the walkthrough it seems I have done every thing. So I am clueless as to what is wrong.

Edited on 09/05/2009 at 1:29:21 AM PST

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Sep 5, 09 4:36 AM
Clarey, I'm the same as you..glittery scarecrow and can't go up the stairs.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Sep 5, 09 7:10 AM
Clairey46 wrote: I cannot go upstairs. Finished every thing I was supposed to do. It says to click at the top of the scene, but I haven't gone any where. Help!!!!! Please!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Since writing the above, I have bought the game and gone back over what I had done. I still found the scarecrow to be sparkling and a puzzle piece over the water. After reading the walkthrough it seems I have done every thing. So I am clueless as to what is wrong.[/quote

Hi Clairey46

What was the last thing that you did? Has teh scarecrow received his boot yet?

Margie B

emma52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Also can't get upstairs

[Post New]by emma52 on Sep 5, 09 8:13 AM
Scarecrow has all his bits and pieces including his boot. He is still sparkly - so is the fishpond - I assume this is to do with a later puzzle.

I looked at the walkthrough and I have completed all the steps for the Foyer but cannot get up the stairs.

I don't think it will take me long so I am going to replay from the start and see what happens.

emma52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Replayed and can now get upstairs

[Post New]by emma52 on Sep 5, 09 8:33 AM
OK - I've changed my player name and have redone the Foyer and success! When
the cloud door opens I get a cut scene describing what to do next and then get to the next level!

I am not completely sure, but this time I looked at the empty sun slot and also clicked on the clouds and got "stone clouds are raining". First time round this is what I got after I'd done all the puzzles, so perhaps doing that has changed things?

Anyway, hope this helps some of you - it really does not take long to redo the Foyer. I'm just hoping I won't have to redo the game every time I move on!

[Post New]by aliyeus on Sep 5, 09 10:26 AM
Has anyone had trouble getting the puzzle on top of the floor chest to work. I know I'm suppose to drag the puzzle pieces into place to form a picture, but I don't seem to be able to move the pieces at all. When I drag the cursor over the pieces it changes to the hand, but then I can't get the hand to move the pieces.

Am I doing somn wrong? Am I not trying to move my pieces the correct way. I am going back to the game again now to give it another go - I hope it works.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 5, 09 10:44 AM
aliyeus wrote:Has anyone had trouble getting the puzzle on top of the floor chest to work. I know I'm suppose to drag the puzzle pieces into place to form a picture, but I don't seem to be able to move the pieces at all. When I drag the cursor over the pieces it changes to the hand, but then I can't get the hand to move the pieces.

Am I doing somn wrong? Am I not trying to move my pieces the correct way. I am going back to the game again now to give it another go - I hope it works.
Aliyeus, welcome to the Fish Pond. There are two silver balls on the puzzle. Have you dragged them clear of the circles?

[Post New]by aliyeus on Sep 5, 09 11:51 AM
Thanks cesse47. I finally got it after moving those silver balls.

Go to: