mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Help! Stuck in Akron, Ohio PD quest

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 10:06 AM
So I have completed 22/44 Events Quests with 7 1/2 days left and my 3 part quest is:
in Akron, polish the mirror, fix the elevator, and get rid of ants. Presumably this would open 3 mini scenes. But I have no tools and never had a quest to find tools (probably a rag for the mirror, a panel to operate the elevator and bug spray to get rid of ants).

What to do?

Can anyone help me?

It was all fun up to this point.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Help! Stuck in Akron, Ohio PD quest

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 21, 15 10:09 AM
This quest is NOT a Pirate Day quest. These are the normal quests that were released in January.

The do come out of order. Since I don't remember the order, I'm gonna leave the directions to someone else to help you..

Try checking in the Planes guide.. it's in the Sticky at the Top of Page 1. It should lead you where you need to go.

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Sep 21, 15 10:12 AM
This quest has nothing to do with pirates day. The required items to open the mini scenes will come after you do some other quests. Eventually there will be a quest to get scissors, a panel, and bug spray. Be patient, it will all come in time.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 10:13 AM
Oops you're right CH, not a PD day quest. I must have triggered because I am upgrading the AES compound buildings (indeed, I also just finished the blueprints). I will check the planes guide. Thanks.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 21, 15 10:27 AM
MPendo did you start a second game???

Here we go its from of course our ODDLY!

Opening the scene is the hotel is also reporting loss of "found" items so as Blue says do not start them unless you can finish them completely. Also those quests are out of order, as are many of the new quests for opening the mini-scenes.

The quests are out of order and one needs to be skipped over to get the things that are needed to complete it.

Leave the polish the mirror, fix the elevator, and ridding of ants where it is and proceed to the other quests.

a)They are find soccer uniform, Heqa Sceptor, and Henna tattoo

b) Play Mantlepiece of lady...., Give 8 brushes, and give 6 nets.

c) give 10 cinder blocks, 5 cement, and 1 door.

Then you get to the meat-
d) go to CA and find sheers, which you will use on the quest left open, on the picnic basket

Go to WA and find the elevator button, easy one here, put it on the elevator above.

Go to MN and find the bug spray. This one makes absolutely no sense to me, it is the polish the mirror which is the cloth draped to the right of the mirror on the landing on the stairs.

Edited on 09/21/2015 at 10:35:44 AM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 11:52 AM
Thanks so much Blue and all. I thought it best to do quests in order. And I was having a blond (grey?) moment of panic this morning until I realized this was NOT a PD quest. Duh.

Still on game 1. I got my sh*it in a knot at the beginning of AES compound so I didn't look for a single blueprint. I did manage to snag about 1/2 of them doing other stuff along the way (DQs mostly). So with rollsroycegames screen shots I managed to find all the rest of the blueprints in about 3 hours.

My construction workers are busy in the AES compound madly working on Level 4 of upgrades. Because I spent the past few months leisurely jetsetting around the countries I am just short a few wallpapers and nails and a couple of other odds and sods. I also managed to amass 3500 GOLD from Spain and Portugal and the stars slot.

Looks like I may have time to customize to Pirate theme in AES compound if I use GOLD to speed up. Does anyone know how much GOLD that would take?

Cheers mates.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 21, 15 11:55 AM
mpendo -

I have 101 hours to go on my one building that's being customized. It's asking for 121 gold bars to finish instantly. Looks like the amount drops 1 bar per hour.

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Sep 21, 15 12:02 PM
I believe it takes 152 bars to do each instantly, so 1368 bars to do all 9 at once.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 12:03 PM
That's good news TSue and Gquin! 9x121=1089 GOLD to instantly customize to pirate theme, which I have (and nothing else to do with GOLD - can't give it away and can't take it with you). Happy happy.

I agree that the pirate exterior decor is but* ugly. Can't wait till PDays over so I can redress the Cove in beautiful fall colors.

Cheers

Edited on 09/21/2015 at 12:07:23 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 21, 15 12:06 PM
mpendo wrote:That's good news TSue! 7x121=847 GOLD to instantly customize to pirate theme, which I have. Happy happy.

I agree that the pirate exterior decor is **** ugly. Can't wait till PDays over so I can redress the Cove in beautiful fall colors.

Cheers

The countdown starts at 128 hours. I'm going to wait until I have an hour left on the quest and then hand over however much gold is needed.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 21, 15 12:07 PM
And it takes 5 hours to upgrade to level 5.

VeronikaG
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by VeronikaG on Sep 21, 15 12:14 PM
mpendo wrote:
I agree that the pirate exterior decor is but* ugly. Can't wait till PDays over so I can redress the Cove in beautiful fall colors.

No need to wait. You can change it back to whatever theme you want as soon as you got the acknowledgment that the quest is completed (I did it without any negative effects, hate the pirate buildings with the exception of bird watching, which I find quite refreshing )

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 21, 15 12:26 PM
OMG , MPendo, you mean to tell me you only have the one game and had not finished the AES buildings?? God bless ya but , child' you are as slow as molasses on a cold day! LOL!!! I thought you had been IEI-ing this whole time and had finished with all that ages ago. Off all the surprises the last 4 days yours has been the most of a surprise!

BlueX drops : THUD!!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 1:49 PM
Yea but Blue, I avoided all the frustrations that folks had before pink's screen shots and, by gathering my materials before I started building yesterday, it's been easy peasy.

I didn't have to run around like a chicken with it's head chopped off madly trying to find fuel and building materials and resources. I think I used only about 200 threads finding all the blueprint at Teodi's. Now I'm just sitting back supervising my workers at the job site.

Slow and steady wins the race (turtle reference just for you!).

Cheers

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 21, 15 2:00 PM
Lol, yeap slow and steady wins the race and one can sit back and enjoy a drink once done. Just a different tack, but I never knew that was your mission. So as you say cheers!
Good grief I would have had to be tied down to do it your way though, tied down like a hare with apoplexy! don't have the patience.. Oh my and all that IEI-ing and nothing built, then getting close and knowing I had to have the place built up. Oh hell's to the no I'd a expired from the anxiety. Got palpitations thinking about it. Little Billy would indeed be talking to me then!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 21, 15 2:58 PM
mpendo wrote:Yea but Blue, I avoided all the frustrations that folks had before pink's screen shots and, by gathering my materials before I started building yesterday, it's been easy peasy.

I didn't have to run around like a chicken with it's head chopped off madly trying to find fuel and building materials and resources. I think I used only about 200 threads finding all the blueprint at Teodi's. Now I'm just sitting back supervising my workers at the job site.

Slow and steady wins the race (turtle reference just for you!).

Cheers

Yep. Everyone has a different strategy. Though, for some reason I thought you were done with everything too. Not sure why I thought that though..

Have you started getting the collectibles yet? Let me guess,you have like a billion fuel? If not, you may want to save some of that gold to visit those areas.. drop rates are "screwdriver Teodi" bad.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 3:23 PM
CH - my drop rates for Pirate's collection have been good, have completed 3/4 collections. For instance, I visited New Zealand 4 times (once in each mode) and got 3 collectables.

I must have horseshoes coming out my yin yang. lol

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum (I've pretty much run through my pirate vocabulary).

X marks the spot

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 21, 15 3:31 PM
mpendo wrote:CH - my drop rates for Pirate's collection have been good, have completed 3/4 collections. For instance, I visited New Zealand 4 times (once in each mode) and got 3 collectables.

I must have horseshoes coming out my yin yang. lol

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum (I've pretty much run through my pirate vocabulary).

X marks the spot

Well, I'm j-e-a-l-o-u-s.

Wish mine were that good.. No such luck here. It took me a lot of fuel (which I had to turn in some collectibles for, because I couldn't stand to do IEI any longer) just to get 1 full set of each. Which were redeemed and not counted.

Not sure I can even stomach pulling together a second set.. we'll see what tomorrow bring first. (since the customization quests will be over)

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 21, 15 4:44 PM
LOl don't be too jealous there Chestnut.. Mpendo has yet to meet Mr. Boxer, run for the gauntlet or search for that last dinosaur toe.....

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 21, 15 5:02 PM
OMGoodness Blue - who is Mr. Boxer and why? and dinosaur toe? You've lost me here.

Wait a minute, are you just yanking my chain Blue?

The game universe will unfold in due time. I'm up for any challenge. lol

Lower the mast maties

Go to: