[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by Louellazozu on Mar 14, 17 4:46 AM

Edited on 03/15/2017 at 8:27:14 AM PST

ds1624
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by ds1624 on Mar 14, 17 7:42 AM
An issue I have not seen anyone address yet with the new update is the list of items does not always match the items that are in the scene. For example, in one scene the list asks for a bat, and it turns out that it is the nunchucks. One asks for a hook, and instead of the usual hook (the one that looks for a pirate hand replacement) it is the fishhook that is the proper choice. One asks for a bat, and it is the cane!

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
509 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Mar 14, 17 1:25 PM
This may not be the correct way to resolve my problem, but as I have not had a reply from the CS team for 2 weeks, I am unsure whether they are receiving my messages.

This incident was original raised as170227-001292, which changed to 3216 on the new system.

I received replies and requests for information from Szilviana on Feb 28th and March 1st. Alan then contacted me on March 2nd to advise that the problem had been referred to the developers.

Justin made contact on March 7th to say that the problem was being dealt with.

Since then all I have received is the automated responses that the email address is not being monitored.

As I have been contacting the addresses supplied since the change to your system I am at a loss as to what is going on.

Could someone please tell me what is happening as I have done everything that was asked of me and I have now been unable to access my game for more than 2 weeks.

Bemused123
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Mar 15, 17 6:29 AM
I have a similar problem. I raised a technical support ticket on 14th Feb under the old system. Incident 170214-000377. When the system changed I was given number 3942. Thanks to the help I got through this thread, I got back to the old number and everything was OK for a while with the exchange of emails.

I received an email from Justin on 7th March to advise me that there would be a profile update by the Developers on 10th March and to let him know the outcome. I replied on 11th March but I am now getting emails to tell me that the email address is no longer monitored. I am as sure as I can be that my email was sent. I have heard nothing since. In my experience it is so unlike the Technical Support Team not to answer that I am wondering if my reply has been looked at by anyone.

Since my post above, I have received an email from Justin. He was out of the office, hence the delay in replying. All good now. No further action needed.

Edited on 03/15/2017 at 10:46:33 AM PST

[Post New]by bigpain on Mar 15, 17 1:23 PM
Is the blacksmith headless on purpose?

Mphunter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Mphunter on Mar 15, 17 7:39 PM
The headless Blacksmith is not the only one thing that changed in this HOs after the last update.
I think there was something boiling in the cauldron too.
But now the scene has no animation.

[Post New]by YECARTT on Mar 16, 17 4:22 AM
Hello, I have a headless blacksmith too. Just thought I would mention it too as I have Midnight Castle on IPad Air 2, and it's not just an error through certain systems. I was a little disconcerted when first entering this scene after the update but everything was still easily collected with no glitching. Thank you for your continued work on this marvellous game.

bfgBellerophon
7,785 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 16, 17 10:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players posting in this thread what is occurring within their game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should.

In regards to the headless Blacksmith in Cloud City and the Arsenal hidden object scene, the appropriate Midnight Castle teams are aware of what players are seeing. We will continue to pass along the contents of this thread to those teams to see the impact it has on the players. Once any information is brought to our attention, we will update the forums. For more information on this issue, please see the following announcement:

An Announcement Regarding the Blacksmith in Cloud City and the Arsenal HOS- March 15, 2017

With the puzzle features, keep in mind that the latest update contained some modifications. Please see the following update announcement:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - March 13, 2017

jack7242, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting in contact with the Support Team. Thank you for letting us know who you have been working with. I was able to reach out to the Midnight Castle Support Team and it looks like an incident was created with the email address associated with your forums account. We apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with the transition to the new system. A representative will be with you as soon as they can. We greatly appreciate your patience.

I'd also like to thank players for their patience regarding spam posts. The team continues to manually ban each spam poster and delete each spam post. For more information on this process, please see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

JohnTonkin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Mar 16, 17 3:27 PM
Another Arsenal problem -- I get "bat" on the list, but it is showing up as a second dreamcatcher. Really confusing, when there is already a dreamcatcher on the list and only one will trigger as the correct find.

Also, is there any reward for completing all the puzzles? I'm on the last one. I know you can get up to three objects, 5 diamonds, and 50 gold playing each completed picture (which has not been really explained) which I found about by clicking on the completed picture.

[Post New]by lindaloublugoo on Mar 17, 17 4:36 AM
Hello.
I don't know if anyone has had this happen, but I am on level 60 trying to
complete Norman's quest. I am to feed pets x 10.
which I have done,but it's not showing in his quest.
Also when I try the go to in the quest, it takes me to the water fountain? Thanks for any help!

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,022 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Mar 17, 17 7:04 AM
lindaloublugoo wrote:Hello.
Also when I try the go to in the quest, it takes me to the water fountain? Thanks for any help!

Norman doesn't want you to feed pets, he wants the food for himself. I think we've all made that mistake but read the quest again and you'll see that it doesn't ask to feed pets.

bfgBellerophon
7,785 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 17, 17 8:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and help address the posts in this thread.

JohnTonkin, thank you for letting us know of the information in the Arsenal Hidden Object Scene. I'll be sure to pass along this information to the appropriate Midnight Castle teams. Players are welcome to look through the following announcement for more information regarding this issue:

An Announcement Regarding the Blacksmith in Cloud City and the Arsenal HOS- March 15, 2017

Thank you Jackie34918 for taking the time to clarify lindaloublugoo's issue. It is definitely helpful and appreciated.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding as the appropriate teams continue to work to resolve the issues reported in the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Mar 17, 17 9:46 AM
Hi, I hope you will be able to fix my issue, I play on PC and my hard drive had to be replaced recently, I got it back yesterday and I loaded Midnight Castle, I was at level 74, when the game was loaded I found out it had been taken back to the beginning, which is a big disappointment, as I saw as well that there has been an update this last March 13, my id is 659230, client 1.14.11.1508 and content 1.14.11.1532
I would greatly appreciate if you can give me my old game back, I have started playing again but when I remember all I had to go through, it's too big a challenge for me maybe
Thank you
Dani in the game

jEMSW
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Mar 17, 17 11:15 AM

Can't remember Norman ever asking me to feed pets, I think the only one to ask that is the Gnome. The game characters seem rather self-centered & don't care about me or my Pets.

If it is Norman, then X 10 would be a huge number of times for you to have to complete the Fountain HOS!

If it's the gnome, I discovered that sometimes the Gnome asks for a specific type pet food. Learned that by feeding one of my pets but it didn't show as completed.
I read the instructions again & noticed it showed a bag of simple food. Tried that & it seemed to work.

Edited on 03/17/2017 at 11:27:31 AM PST

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,022 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Mar 17, 17 11:23 AM
jEMSW wrote:

If it says X 10, then it may be wanting you to feed pets. That would be a huge number of times to have to complete the Fountain HOS!

I discovered that sometimes the Gnome asks for a specific type pet food. Learned that by feeding one of my pets but it didn't show as completed. Read again & noticed their was a bag of simple food. Tried that & it seemed to work.

Norman definitely wants the 10 simple food for himself. He doesn't want you to feed pets.

jEMSW
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Mar 17, 17 11:31 AM
Jackie34918 wrote:
jEMSW wrote:

If it says X 10, then it may be wanting you to feed pets. That would be a huge number of times to have to complete the Fountain HOS!

I discovered that sometimes the Gnome asks for a specific type pet food. Learned that by feeding one of my pets but it didn't show as completed. Read again & noticed their was a bag of simple food. Tried that & it seemed to work.

Norman definitely wants the 10 simple food for himself. He doesn't want you to feed pets.

Thanks Jackie.
The feed x 10 seemed odd for Norman, or any of the characters. As I said they are rather a selfish bunch & that are, for some reason, baiting their breath with I can't imagine what!

Edited on 03/17/2017 at 11:32:48 AM PST

asa64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by asa64 on Mar 18, 17 2:29 PM
Hello Everybody

Yesterday my PC Crashed and i was forced to by a new one.
Before i was on Level 76 and now i must start from Level one. I am playing since nearly three years and now lost all my Progress, friends and everything
is there the Chance to get my game back?
Hope someone is able to help me
greetings from cologne
ursula

Phayta
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Phayta on Mar 18, 17 7:07 PM
Rquality wrote:There appear to be numerous problems with the latest update (3/13/17). First, the blacksmith is missing his head. Second, numerous scenes appear to be washed out, i.e., the color is not as deep as before or the scenes are not as dark. Last, in most of the scenes, especially the ones changed since this update, the cursor appears to be slightly sluggish in movement as well as objects, such as the flowers, etc.

The developers should test these updates before putting them out, so they don't have to go back an fix issues and then do a fix update.

The blacksmith is missing his head on my game too.

swatkins1971
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by swatkins1971 on Mar 19, 17 12:25 PM
Hi,

I was on 49 out of 50 on the five part quests challenge. I just completed the Another Potion 5 part quest and it hasn't shown up and I didn't get my reward and am still showing 49 out of 50. My name is Bruiser and my game ID is 623298.

Thanks

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 19, 17 1:03 PM
Hi Bruiser! Did you receive all 5 parts of the quest? I've listed them below for you to check. If you didn't receive a silver chest at the end, either you haven't finished or you need to put in a ticket to Customer Service. What DID you get for the next DQ? Check this out and see if you've gotten all of the 5 parts. It is a great list of all the DQs and their parts:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/652841.page

# Another Potion / 2. Supplies Replenished / 3. Hocus Potion /
4. Supplying a Supply Room / 5. Empty Spaces
( 50 coins / 2 pet medallions / 1 item )

1. Stone Gargoyle x2, Summer Garden (Winter Garden) x2, Airship x150.
2. Monkey x1, Rock Garden x2, Binding Egg x1.
3. Rock Garden x2, Mirror Nave (Mirrors) x2, Door Cache (Dead Ambassador) x1.
4. Burnt Tree x2, Fortune Wheel x3, Craft item x2.
5. Flag x2, Feed pet x10, Drunken Skeleton x1.

Reward: Silver chest

Go to: