Pissed Off Pirate

[Post New]by SorryCharlie on Sep 22, 15 5:39 AM
Ridiculously unfair to have an event that takes more time to complete than the event lasts! How did so many people know to start upgrading the buildings way before the event started? I would have been saving my resources for trips to Spain way ahead of time instead of exploring all the other sites. I already used up most of my gold and half of my coins. No choice but to skip this quest. UNFAIR!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Pissed Off Pirate

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 8:52 AM
You're right.. a poorly executed event.. Unless you had everything completed before the event, your chances of completing are slim (unless you have a very heavy gold purse) and a lot of fuel.

People guessed on the Pirate decorations because of the achievement to decorate all the Pirate buildings.. so many of us had these completed a while ago. When the event came around, all we had to do was switch our buildings to the pirate theme.

At this point I'd start looking toward Halloween- also a new event. Romania should open during this event.. so you know your going to have to fly.. start saving fuel for that.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 22, 15 1:23 PM
Well I thought it was actually good of them to flag up that achievement in the general achievements list at the last update, so that we had plenty of warning that we would need to customize the buildings to pirate.
As soon as that was spotted, the word quickly went round this forum to alert us to this and most people got the message as far as we could tell. A second alert was sent round as well, as soon as we realised how long it actually took to complete the customization.
Of course, newer players would not necessarily have seen the alert, but we did our best. Even so, anyone scrolling down the achievements should have seen that one and so had the chance to realise what it meant.......

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 8:35 PM
wulfruna wrote:Well I thought it was actually good of them to flag up that achievement in the general achievements list at the last update, so that we had plenty of warning that we would need to customize the buildings to pirate.
As soon as that was spotted, the word quickly went round this forum to alert us to this and most people got the message as far as we could tell. A second alert was sent round as well, as soon as we realised how long it actually took to complete the customization.
Of course, newer players would not necessarily have seen the alert, but we did our best. Even so, anyone scrolling down the achievements should have seen that one and so had the chance to realise what it meant.......

The only people who would have a warning or clue were those of use who visited Boom Zap or the Forum. And we are a small fraction of those who play.

And the quest says "Decorate All Pirate Buildings" . that could mean a lot of things and doesn't necessarily mean customize to Pirate theme.

At the point where these were released, we had no idea the game was ending. And no idea if other areas were going to be opened (like the still foggy area) or if they were going to provide anything more piratey.

I remember our discussions at the time were remarking how they told us about this new delivery system and how we wouldn't have to do these large downloads all the time.

So, I don't think it was obvious what this event would hold.

Maybe after May and after more discussion we were leaning that way.. And if you remember the minute the update came people were blindly customizing to Pirate because someone mentioned it.. And that was January

In other words, we had no idea just guesses.. and it happened to be right. Pure luck in my mind.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 22, 15 8:55 PM
We also had to guess to pay gold to open Spain early to get the wallpaper. Waiting for it to open for free didn't allow enough time to get all the wallpaper, upgrade to level 5 and then customize to pirate.

We also had to guess that if we were fuel poor, we should wait until asked to go get the special collectibles.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 23, 15 1:29 AM
Yup TSue - pretty much need to be clairvoyant to play this game these pirate days.

Some companies do a last hurrah, others a last FU.

Cheers to all my mates

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Sep 23, 15 10:08 AM
APTLY NAMED SPECIAL. THIS WHOLE SPECIAL HAS BEEN ROBBERY. JUST DISGUISED AS A PIRATE THEME SPECIAL. IF YOU DON'T THINK IT WAS A ROBBERY. AS THOSE WHO HAVE LOST ONE OR MORE DAYS. ME I KNEW FROM THE BEGINNING I WOULD NOT GET EVERYTHING. DO NOT AES FINISHED. BUT AT LEAST I COULD GET THE COLLECTIONS.

THAT WAS A PIPE DREAM. NO QUEST THIS MORNING. OH IT WAS THERE WHEN I WENT TO BED AT 3AM. BUT GONE THIS MORNING.

SO HOW MANY ARE GOING TO GET EVERYTHING. AND GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS. NOT MANY IS MY GUESS. WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS THIS SPECIAL HAS.

Go to: