TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

I've just walked the plank

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 22, 15 6:14 PM
I had completed 6 of today's quests. The 7th building was being customized and I was waiting to pay gold and then do the last building, which I already have customized and just need to pally the customization.

I have been in and out of the game all day, no problem, pirate flag waving every time. Until this time. Goodbye Pirate flag. Goodbye not 1, but 2 of the 3 achievements.

At this point, I can't see any sense in doing any of the other quests. Why waste the fuel? I'll use it for the next stupid event coming up.

Can anybody recall any part of this final update that worked properly?

It started off with many of us not receiving any quests, then some of us got caught with the customization bug that had the buildings taking over 3 months to finish customizing, we got slapped with the cover charge for playing the arcade, in 2 of the new cities the collectibles were duplicated, some of the hidden objects are hidden being other objects and virtually impossible to click on, plus the old problems of the missing gloves and some people not being able to customize their buildings were not fixed.

How the hell did these people ever get jobs in the programming field?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:I've just walked the plank

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 22, 15 6:26 PM
Seems they have some job openings in QA...LOL...

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 7:14 PM
<< shaking head like a bobble head doll>>

I don't know what to say.

<< returns to shaking head like a bobble head doll>>

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 22, 15 7:17 PM
I think I will sit on the side of the plank and dangle my legs over the side and watch people flinging themselves from the mast.

Knew I wasn't going to finish it but have been surprised by some of the flukes that would have done me in. <watching another go under the water for the third time>

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 22, 15 7:24 PM
Riddle: When does a day have less than 24 hours in it?

Answer: When it's part of an ART special event.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 22, 15 7:26 PM
Here Oddly come sit by me I got popcorn. Kinda enjoying seeing all the action and being on the sidelines for a change...

mlc311
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by mlc311 on Sep 22, 15 7:35 PM
Somehow I lost credit for upgrading one of the museum building so now won't get the achievement. Also haven't received any of the gold bars for cashing in my collections. what a waste of time and fuel!!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 7:39 PM
mlc311 wrote:Somehow I lost credit for upgrading one of the museum building so now won't get the achievement. Also haven't received any of the gold bars for cashing in my collections. what a waste of time and fuel!!!

There's nothing to be done about the museum buildings.. that's a lost cause at this point.

But you still have time for the collections. Tomorrow they will be released as "FIND" quests. This means you'll have to get them again.. but wait for the quest asking for them. They you should be able to redeem.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 22, 15 7:46 PM
I bet most of these flukes are connected to the strong internet connection problem.

What's ironic is that I lost power today, not once, but twice, but I still had that dang pirate flag.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 22, 15 7:51 PM
TiramaSue wrote:I bet most of these flukes are connected to the strong internet connection problem.

What's ironic is that I lost power today, not once, but twice, but I still had that dang pirate flag.

So, that was my thought too.. the connection. Mine was hinky today too.. But then I remember something I read yesterday.. they had the same issue in 2013 during Thanksgiving (not your exact issue) but the I had my building customized but it didn't recognize it one..

I'm starting to think they did just a lot of copying and pasting for these events from previous ones without having addressed any of the issues the 1st time around.

Just a guess. It seems odd that this has happened before.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 22, 15 7:55 PM
So we get to battle these same issues the next 3 special events. Joy, joy. My expectations have already been set so low, an ant couldn't crawl under them. I don't think I can lower them any more.

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Sep 23, 15 7:22 AM
I know this is a little off subject, but is anyone raking leaves starting a little while ago? My grass mowing days are sure over for a while!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 7:24 AM
Yes sirree the Peanut. We all are raking as of today, then we shovel.

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Sep 23, 15 10:03 AM
Works for me!

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 23, 15 10:12 AM
TSue - talk about the lowest of the low. That is where this game has delved. I used to be the eternal optimist, but now I'm just sad.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 10:51 AM
No reason to be sad, MPendo. We all sorta expected this although I must admit not to this extent. TSue has been saying for months this was going to be a disappointing event. Now throw Halloween into the mix. Looking back we really should have expected it to be a fiasco and then we could have given a sigh of relief when we got this here. This is the first event I am not even bothering with as I will not be tortured. Once I found out what it was I was fine with it, I knew I could not play it. Once I found out it was "glitchier" than I expected I wasn't sad I was angry at the untested garbage they threw at us and feel bad for the folks that did get tortured. It was all unnecessary and a waste of programming if that is what this can be called. The words that ring true to me with this January update has been AMATEURS!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 23, 15 11:01 AM
I thought after waiting for over a year, it would be impossible for ANYTHING to meet our expectations. Never did I imagine it would be this bad.

I figured it would contain nothing we hadn't already seen before. I was wrong. This is the first time we've been sexually harassed in the game.

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Sep 23, 15 11:05 AM
TiramaSue wrote:I thought after waiting for over a year, it would be impossible for ANYTHING to meet our expectations. Never did I imagine it would be this bad.

I figured it would contain nothing we hadn't already seen before. I was wrong. This is the first time we've been sexually harassed in the game.

Report them to BFGame's Moderators! This is not allowed in the forum and breaks one of the Cardinal Rules of the Forum, treat others with respect!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 23, 15 11:14 AM
WildCat_1988 wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:I thought after waiting for over a year, it would be impossible for ANYTHING to meet our expectations. Never did I imagine it would be this bad.

Report them to BFGame's Moderators! This is not allowed in the forum and breaks one of the Cardinal Rules of the Forum, treat others with respect!

What would be the point of reporting BoomZap to the moderators? All that Big Fish could do is close down this game? Is that what people really want? I don't think so.

Should BF resume commissioning games from BZ and offer them for sale, at that point I will e-mail BF to tell them why I will NEVER buy another game from BoomZap.

Go to: