Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Egypt here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 23, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 6:17:16 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Egypt here

[Post New]by pita1234 on Sep 23, 15 5:48 AM
Played "port" location OK, but when I tried to click on "oasis" it froze my computer - not even CAD worked - had to shut down and restart. Same problem again. Uninstalling sadly - moderately enjoyable game.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 23, 15 6:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Riddles of Egypt to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

rlppep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rlppep on Sep 23, 15 11:45 AM
Absolutely doesn't run. Had a hard time even entering my name, and after that, nothing. PC, Windows 7. Had to got to task manager to even close it. Too bad, I like puzzle games.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 23, 15 2:35 PM
Hi rippep,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this particular game to run on your Windows 7 computer. If you haven't already, it is recommended to look at the following help article for hints:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue still persists, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can definitely look into this for you.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by mad4football on Sep 23, 15 4:06 PM
I had no problem downloading game, but couldn't play with on full screen mode. There was flickering at the top and bottom of my screen but it was ok if full screen set up was unchecked. Kind of liked the game but not with that problem because playing area was too small Played the demo then deleted. PC Windows 7

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Sep 23, 15 7:21 PM
Same problem here. Could not play with full screen mode because of the intense flickering at the top and bottom of the screen. PC Vista

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Sep 23, 15 7:42 PM

Please help...Is there a general forum for general questions. I want to buy two games but it always takes one of my game credits and I don't want to use them right now.

For today's 2FOR1 sale, it applies one of my game credits when I would rather PAY.

I've read all the info and can't find an answer to keep my game credit.

Also please...does Big Fish still give you an extra punch card punch for any game you buy on Mondays?

Thank you,

Caro_lyn7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Caro_lyn7 on Sep 26, 15 12:55 PM
ok not sure if these issues are related to the game itself or to my system. when I start the game I get an error message across the screen Error: Loading pixel shader/Direct3D9/main.psh failed! Check output window for more details. Would you like to debug? it takes 3 clicks on the yes button each time, then up comes the game. It plays reasonably well except for a couple of glitches.

the Oasis after I fix the wires in the basement, I went back up to the jeep to attach the other end to the battery, and when I went back down the wires were gone. I had to play that scene in the dark.

In the sphinx, same problem with the lantern. I put the lit lantern in the alcove and it disappeared. from across the room it shows the alcove lit up, but when I come close it is dark. again played in the dark.

Now however, I have hit a snag I can't get past. The gold star to put in the slot where it goes. It won't go. All I get is a message across the top 'It will only jam it' and I can't get past that point without getting this puzzle. I can't skip it either.

I am running windows XP Pro, SP3, with integrated video and audio cards, Directx 9.

Caro_lyn7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Caro_lyn7 on Sep 29, 15 11:37 AM
update to my original post.

I went back and played the whole game again under a different profile. Still had problems with the light and lantern areas, however the last glitch I ran across was my own fault.

There are two areas that take the same shaped object, and i was trying to put the wrong one in the wrong place. When I played it the second time I automatically went to the correct spot to place my object and presto it worked just fine. DUH, maybe I should pay better attention.

The game played well for me and I finished it under both profiles, with the only glitch the light and lantern, which isn't a big deal you can play the locales in the dark without too many problems; and of course the original error message which pops up every time I start the game

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Oct 13, 15 9:46 PM
Hi Fellow Fishies!

I was loving this game since it's a wonderful change of pace but after (I think) getting near the end of the "Port" section - I think anyway - I just finished that infernal Chinese Checker puzzle (OK I skipped the damn thing...) and was given a blue stone. Then instead of loading the next scene/page I was taken to the front page of the game with the Hot Not-At-All-Egyptian-Looking Babe. It was as if I had never played the game but my name was in the "Player" section. The entire evening of playing this game was gone and I was starting all over. Yep, I know to make another profile or uninstall and reinstall, etc. I can whip through it now that I know what to do. Sigh. Just reporting it.

On Win7 yet (I am going down fighting before I get Win 10 I still miss Win98. )

Stay well, fishies!

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Oct 13, 15 10:14 PM
silkywings wrote:
Please help...Is there a general forum for general questions. I want to buy two games but it always takes one of my game credits and I don't want to use them right now.

For today's 2FOR1 sale, it applies one of my game credits when I would rather PAY.

I've read all the info and can't find an answer to keep my game credit.

Also please...does Big Fish still give you an extra punch card punch for any game you buy on Mondays?

Thank you,

Silkywings - I sent you a private message with the info since I wasn't sure if this would be removed or moved and didn't want to add another post.

[Post New]by horseback on Oct 14, 15 2:01 PM
In "Port" the cursor will not change on the padlock, and a couple of other places. stops the game as I can not go on

Djerr22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Djerr22 on Dec 25, 15 8:34 PM
RE: Problems moving beyond Port to Oasis

Thoroughly fed up of restarting the game, especially because I'd actually solved the marble solitaire puzzle, I tried three things:

1) I noticed an odd thing when I first started the game but thought nothing of it, which was the first slot already said Player and not Empty and that there was no padlock on Oasis. Try deleting the Player slot or starting a game in the empty second slot.
2) Run the compatibility troubleshooter (Win 10)
3) Run the .exe file, not the Big Fish Game Manager (to make sure compatibility mode is deployed).

I did these all together because frankly I couldn't be bothered to test each solution in isolation by then but you may find 1) on its own works or 2) or 2) +3). Either way, have finally managed to get into the Oasis.

Big Fish should really be updating its own programmes beyond outmoded 32-bit when it charges premium prices for old games, but whatever....

Hope this helps someone else pulling their hair out!

Go to: