alicemary
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Pirates Day Quest Disappear

[Post New]by alicemary on Sep 23, 15 7:12 AM
After doing two quest for pearls the rest showed up but I had to log out and when I logged back in they never did show back up again. I made sure I was logged in before I logged out.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

Re:Pirates Day Quest Disappear

[Post New]by charlieisr on Sep 23, 15 7:19 AM
THAT MAKES TWO OF US. I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF INDONESIA BUT IT WAS SO LATE I COULD NOT CONCENTRATE. FIGURED I COULD FINISH THIS MORNING THEN I REALIZED THE QUEST WAS GONE. WHAT GIVES.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 23, 15 7:24 AM
Count me in, too. This event is a tortoure.

dubemi
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by dubemi on Sep 23, 15 9:33 AM
I also joint your club, I was upgrading the time machine and the quest disappear.

Snob snob,

I would like considering all the trouble we had to fill up their quest, by courtousy they should run a second time all those quest, may be in a month, as by this time most of us could upgrade the buildings, or pill up fuel or.....

EvaAlberta
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by EvaAlberta on Sep 23, 15 9:43 AM
same here, computer froze,had to restart and quests are gone. no completing pd this year.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 23, 15 10:02 AM
Same here. I went to bed. Crime of the century as far as this game is concerned. Found 2 Pearls, the rest of the pearl quests lost in cyberspace. I guess - snooze - you lose

Dee632
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Dee632 on Sep 23, 15 10:16 AM
Same thing just happened to me. I went to have lunch and when I came back the pirate quests for today were gone. Anyone have any idea what could have happened?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 10:38 AM
Well i will tell you this much. I logged in this morning did the daily and the PD quests which were not fun. finished made sure I was logged in and logged off. Came back on a few hours later logged in and the whole quest came up again as If I never did it.. Said fine... did it half way and went about my business then logged off again and as usual made sure to give away keys to make sure progress had been saved. Logged in just now and the PD quest which I had done originally and had come back up and I did halfway was gone! Event countdown still the same as before I did today's quests. At this point I can't be bothered. It's supposed to be a game for fun and not be tortured and certainly not baby sat. Pffftt!!! I can't be bothered any longer with it.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Sep 23, 15 12:52 PM
I get the first half. Yesterday three buildings the quest gone. Today I found 2 pearls, went to find third and the quest flag is gone again. Tomorrow I will see how far I can get. To bad they are not separate flags instead of one at a time. I would start at thr bottom in that case. smile

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 23, 15 1:43 PM
I think it may be impossible to complete this event by design. As I said before, I think it is the last FU from the developers.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 1:44 PM

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 23, 15 1:52 PM
Maybe this event was coded by a proctologist.

[Post New]by thybrat on Sep 23, 15 2:30 PM
thought I was alone, Never thought I'd say it but am at last giving up on this game after playing it for years

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 23, 15 3:01 PM
thybrat wrote:thought I was alone, Never thought I'd say it but am at last giving up on this game after playing it for years

Dont' give up.. just put the Pirate Day nonsense on the side. It'll come around again next year.. there are only 3 more events left for this year and then it goes into the loop. Don't you wan to see what horrors Halloween brings?

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Sep 23, 15 3:07 PM
Same here, PD quest all gone from this morning. I logged in game 1 this morning and got the pearls IT, IND, ANT but had to log off. just came home, logged back in, no pirate day quest. all gone. And I had all the buildings done in pirate mode already, so I thought i was good to go in this game. not so much...I too feel pillaged and plundered. here BZ, this is for you

acudeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by acudeb on Sep 23, 15 6:20 PM
I also encountered the same problem. I found the 1st 3 pearls. I had to go to work and figured I would complete the rest of the quests after work. When I logged back in after work the quests were gone. It is so sad that such a great game has become such a cluster Fluck mess. This game is an actual embarrassment to all concerned. I must say my anger is only exceeded by my disgust.

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 6:35:26 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 23, 15 7:09 PM
A good habit to incorporate in the game is making sure you are logged on to the server before you log off and out of your game. Throw keys, see if you can send an in game message, or even access the auction.

I am not altogether sure that it is the server issue but double checking will save you lots of lost builds and collectibles found.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 7:19 PM
Oddly something is whacked. I do the double check before I log off every time. Since you nailed it back in Jan-Feb or when ever it was. I know that when I logged off I was on as I sent a key. for that nano second, everything should have been saved to the server. how this is happening Is weird and I don't understand it. Something is rotten in Denmark and it certainly ain't the cheese.

acudeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by acudeb on Sep 23, 15 7:44 PM
Oddly I also checked before I logged out to ensure I was logged in as I sent keys before leaving and wrote a message to a friend. So why we lost the quests after leaving is a not so funny mystery or as Bluex so aptly but the fish smells from the head

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 23, 15 7:53 PM
I lost mine mid quest the other day... so it was not a matter of me logging off. Just saying it is a good safe guard in general and it might save someone grief. Doubt we will figure this out. But I am ever so glad that other than Halloween are old events were done before that last crew had their fingers in the game.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 2:55:33 PM PST

Go to: