kittiwake
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

not so good game

[Post New]by kittiwake on Sep 23, 15 7:35 AM
It is bad form and kind of cheats the players when the developers launch a game before it is finished. I think this game has many good points but they are all ruined by the fact that the game is not complete. I have thus far spent approx 14.00 which is more than I have to spend for any other game that isn't free and I can get those games complete. While the dog is cute $9 is too much to spend on a dog that is basically there for looks since it is not even that entertaining. I feel like I have been baited into spending money on a promise that may not be forcoming. It is very sad when a developer has something really good that gets people all excited and interested and then ruins it by giving them half the game. Not very classy.

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 7:36:16 AM PST

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:not so good game

[Post New]by melodydame on Sep 23, 15 8:51 AM
Hi kittiwake,

I know you are encouraged to spend in this game to move forward quicker, but I found I only had to purchase once - so far - as I had no crystals. I made a conscious decision then not to purchase any more unless it is required after the new update, if it ever happens. But it is very discouraging with the amount of time it has taken to iron out all the bugs etc. I believe the game was released before its time.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 23, 15 8:52 AM
Hi kittiwake,

This is how all the Free to Play (F2P) games work. They are designed not to have an ending, yet are in constant development with new content being release as it is created and tested. We get to play then if we reach the end before the developers are done then we wait. You have the control on whether you want to pay to get through the game quickly (and therefore wait longer for updates) or not pay and move at a more steady pace. The choice is entirely up to the individual player.

Many of these F2P games have had periodic updates for years. If someone started today on one of the longer running games they would likely not reach the end of the latest content release before new updates were available.

Divine Academy is pretty new and will have updates to the content (hopefully soon).

If you want to play a F2P game that will keep you occupied for a VERY long time then you may like Midnight Castle. That particular F2P game has very regular updates, has been around for years. Midnight Castle will likely take you months to get to the end of the latest update.

A lot of us while waiting for updates either take the time to build up inventory to use in the new content, play a second game with different strategies, or play a completely different game altogether.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 23, 15 10:18 AM
Well, I think of it this way: How many hours have I spent on DA, and how long does it usually take me to complete a BFG game, with, say, 40 levels?
Even excluding the study times (which artificially extend it), I have no doubt that I've spent longer playing this one than most. Maybe the only exceptions are some RPGs.

So, when I've got to the current end, I don't have a problem with leaving it and will come back and when they release the equivalent of another game, tacked on to the existing one. For free.

kittiwake
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by kittiwake on Sep 23, 15 3:19 PM
Thanks for responding and explaining things to me about F2P games. I am particularly fond of this game. I love the cute little guys in particular. The graphics are good and the little characters interesting. It is challenging enough but not too much and my desire to keep playing much greater than in other F2P games I have ventured to try. I guess I will just have to be patient.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 24, 15 3:26 PM
Hi kittiwake,

I'm glad that you've seen other perspectives regarding Free to Play games, and silver_hawk and TMGamer99 - thanks for taking the time to post in this thread.

In addition, I'd like to include the following help article:

Free to Play Games

Cheers,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 3:26:28 PM PST

Go to: