HCC_314
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

When do lives, spells and timer show up?

[Post New]by HCC_314 on Sep 23, 15 1:06 PM
I finished Level 51, with lots of mana bottles. I can fill up that Spell status meter. The circles next to the Spell status meter show only question marks. When I click on a full meter, teacher says I should use spells. But I've never seen a spell for sale in the shop. I can purchase mana, hammer fills and I can bump up the Wizard helper abilities. That is it for the shop. When do I get a chance to buy spells?

Is there a timer that I'm supposed to be seeing? People mention number of lives. I've never seen anything like that.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:When do lives, spells and timer show up?

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 23, 15 2:57 PM
I will confess I don't have this game (sorry devs but I don't like HOG in my M3s ) but that's odd that you would be able to buy mana bottles but not have any spells, as the other JM games I have won't let you do that. When I looked at a game screenshot it looks like there may be only 4 spells available. They should be something like chain breaker, launcher, or insert wild tiles (chroma frenzy?) in the shop screen. Some of the other JM games have 6 different spells available, so I don't know which ones they included here.

Maybe you need to play some of the minigames before the spells will unlock?

If you picked relaxed mode, there wouldn't be a timer (hourglass) on the right side of the screen and I guess there are no lives to be gained either since there's no point to them in relaxed.

[edit] Based on what I read elsewhere, it looks like there are several different modes to play the game in. It could be that whatever mode you picked doesn't allow you to use the spells along with being untimed and no lives to gain.

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 3:03:23 PM PST

HCC_314
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:When do lives, spells and timer show up?

[Post New]by HCC_314 on Sep 23, 15 3:48 PM
Thanks Synthpopaddict. You're right! I had already tried creating a new user, but was not offered a chance to change the mode of game play, so had decided that wasn't the reason.

I had to create a third new "user account" before I got back to the screen where you make the choice of play modes: Normal (timed), Relaxed and Lazy Day. Spells are mentioned only in the description of Normal play; Relaxed features a limited number of moves. Think I picked Lazy Day, since I do not like working against the clock and was feeling pretty brain dead when I started. I would have liked spells though. I still earn gold for collecting the mana bottles and for not using them.

Apparently there are others who like their match-3 games pure. This game offers TWO match 3 only modes, one timed and one with a limited number of moves. No adventuring though.

Lots of ways to play this one over and over!

Just reread the description. Looks as if the Match-3 only options do include adventuring.

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 3:51:10 PM PST

Go to: