silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

how to keep game credit and just pay for a game?

[Post New]by silkywings on Sep 23, 15 6:29 PM

Please help...Is there a general forum for general questions. I want to buy two games but it always takes one of my game credits and I don't want to use them right now.

For today's 2FOR1 sale, it applies one of my game credits when I would rather PAY.

I've read all the info and can't find an answer to keep my game credit.

Also please...does Big Fish still give you an extra punch card punch for any game you buy on Mondays?

Thank you,

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

Re:how to keep game credit and just pay for a game?

[Post New]by metmichallica on Sep 23, 15 8:55 PM
I don't know about the bonus punch, but I don't think there is a way to pay for a game if you have credits on here.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Sep 23, 15 9:24 PM
just buy another game credit and use it. its just as easy.

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Sep 23, 15 10:24 PM
I have purchased games before without using an available credit. I think there was an "x" that could be pressed to cancel using the credit. Since I don't have any credits available right now, I can't test it.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 24, 15 2:21 AM
silkywings wrote:
Please help...Is there a general forum for general questions.

No, not since BFG closed their Chit Chat Corner forum.
They expect you to either write to their CS or to PM a Moderator here.

As your questions are not game-related -- for that reason they don't belong in the Tech.Issues thread either, btw -- this thread will probably get locked by a Mod - but usually not w/o an answer.

silkywings wrote:
I want to buy two games but it always takes one of my game credits and I don't want to use them right now.

For today's 2FOR1 sale, it applies one of my game credits when I would rather PAY.

I've just tested it w/ 2 SE's, and the answer is "no" as well. If you use the sale code, the other game will use a game credit, if available. The only X I see there is for cancelling the purchase (of each of the games).
But as forneymary said: If you want to "pay", just buy another game credit -- but first and separately!

as a side-note: I'm always wondering, why ppl see game credits or PCC's as 'free' -- we paid for them, too.

silkywings wrote:
Also please...does Big Fish still give you an extra punch card punch for any game you buy on Mondays?

Yes, but not always on Monday anymore. BFG calls it "Bonus Punch Promotions" (not Bonus Punch Mondays anymore); you find it in their Help Pages here:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2141/kw/Bonus%20punch
(copy and paste link into new tab of your browser)

And Valdy described here, how to find the Announcement:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/537225.page#6197251

Good luck!

mcac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mcac on Sep 24, 15 7:54 AM
You can go to "My Game Club" and there you can buy Game Club Credits using your credit card.
Then you can use those credits to buy games.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 24, 15 11:35 AM
I've never understood why you would want to buy a game credit to avoid using a credit you have already paid for! Anyway, the only way around the problem is to pay full price for the game or use a Coupon Code you have gotten for purchasing six games in a month. It's really too bad that the general forum has been eliminated. I think a lot of fishies really miss it. I wonder what BF gained by eliminating it!

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Sep 24, 15 12:20 PM
silkywings wrote:
Please help...Is there a general forum for general questions. I want to buy two games but it always takes one of my game credits and I don't want to use them right now.

I've read all the info and can't find an answer to keep my game credit.

Thank you,

You can buy with your card (if they have it on record). I do it quite a lot. As said in a previous comment, when you have completed what you need just remove the X at the top. Then you can put the code in.

hopieq
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hopieq on Sep 25, 15 5:18 PM
If you buy a game through game manager you can't change the way it's purchased.
If you buy the game on the game site it will apply any credits you have but you can override put in a PCC code and it will take it and give you back your purchased credit. I've done this with SE. I don't know if it works for CE or on sale purchases (ie 2 for ones). For 2 for one sales I usually buy an extra credit and they take both and you still get the 2 games.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 25, 15 7:27 PM
THANK you, hopieq!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 26, 15 3:09 AM
hopieq wrote: If you buy the game on the game site it will apply any credits you have but you can override put in a PCC code and it will take it and give you back your purchased credit.

yes, but this doesn't work with a sale code, as the question was,
because you can enter only ONE code on the purchase page.

(I still don't see an "X at the top" to avoid the use of an available Club credit, whether on the purchase page via browser nor via GM, just one to cancel the whole game purchase. Maybe it's a US-only thing?)

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Oct 9, 15 11:34 PM
hopieq wrote:If you buy a game through game manager you can't change the way it's purchased.
If you buy the game on the game site it will apply any credits you have but you can override put in a PCC code and it will take it and give you back your purchased credit. I've done this with SE. I don't know if it works for CE or on sale purchases (ie 2 for ones). For 2 for one sales I usually buy an extra credit and they take both and you still get the 2 games.

Funny, I always purchase my games through the GM and I have no problem changing the way I purchase them. If I have a PCC and want to use it instead of a credit... I change it. And to do that all you have to do is type the PCC... It will automatically give you back your credit and take the PCC.

Edited on 10/09/2015 at 11:40:45 PM PST

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Oct 13, 15 2:07 PM
I think this may have been changed recently: the last time there was a 1/2 price sale it automatically gave me the sale price, and did not try to take one of my credits. This was a purchase I made through the game manager, not the website.

If all else fails, enter the sale code that is posted on the website in the appropriate box, and it will remove the game credit and do that instead.

ETA: I see now, the OP wanted to pay 6.99 instead of using a 6.99 credit... not sure why, but others have addressed how to do this above.

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 2:11:08 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 14, 15 2:36 PM
Hi there,

I see that there is some confusion regarding the use of Game Club credits and the Bonus Punch Promotions.

If a customer has any available credits in their cart, it will be automatically applied to a game in the cart. In order to purchase a Collector's Edition with credits, 2 must be present in your account. When a game is on sale, a Game Club credit won't be available due to the fact that the game is priced under the value of the credit. We wouldn't want you to lose your credit for a game that costs less than the value of the credit. We do apologize for the inconvenience that at the time if you want to keep the credit and pay for a game, you must choose to purchase another credit from your 'My Game Club' page on your account. For more information about using credits, see the following help article:

Using Game Club Credits

In regards to the Bonus Punch program, Big Fish Game Club members can definitely earn bonus punches on their Big Fish Game Club Monthly Punch Cards. We are looking at new ways to improve this program and at the moment is has been known to be on days other than Mondays. For more information, see the following help article:

Bonus Punch Promotions

I hope this helps clarify things. As this thread isn't specific to Riddles of Egypt, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. I will definitely pass along the suggestion in regards to having a general discussion area. Thanks for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: