bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 26, 12 10:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some problems with the Mac version of the game. As Rhone mentioned, I recommend checking out our help article covering some general troubleshooting steps you can try here:

Mac Game Errors

If the suggestions in that help article aren't working, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by dakini on Apr 26, 12 3:11 PM
Since I had to do a warm reboot I lost the game and had to redownload. GM doesn't seem to really save games until you close it(at least for me). When I reopened it. I do think I had an update to Adobe Air that happened between the first and second downloads. Now it works fine.

[Post New]by Shakespeare_mara on Apr 26, 12 8:10 PM
I'm getting an "OpenGL Driver" failure. I'm running an Mac with OSX 10.6.8, 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo with an ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card with everything updated (yes I ran the update to check). I emailed customer support but by the time they get back to me I will miss out on the opportunity to get the pin. Does anyone else know a way to update this? I cannot upgrade to the next OSX with this processor and what I'm seeing online is that that is the only way to update the OpenGL Driver on a Mac. I'm really frustrated because I've been a loyal customer of BFG and MCF since the beginning and I've been really patient about waiting since November for this to come out. Has anyone else gotten this message or a response of what to do about it?

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by pammysueb on Apr 26, 12 8:33 PM
Xbob2 wrote:Mac version ... cursor disappears when I click on the morphing hood ornament.
Update: Tried turning on hardware curser option and fixed the problem!

I discovered the same fix after my first post earlier today, and was waiting to test game on my laptop as well as my desktop Mac. Since selecting the hardware cursor, the only lag I notice now on either computer is after a scene with the ghost videos -- it takes quite a while for the cursor to reappear (almost a minute) and it has to be dragged over from way far left off the screen. I'm learning to live with it...
Thanks Xbob2!

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 8:38:08 PM PST

[Post New]by applepeachjicama on Apr 26, 12 8:34 PM
downloaded twice today and both times when I hit play (in game manager) it won't open the game and then the mac message comes up and says the application quit unexpectedly. oh well, i guess i won't be able to buy this one!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Apr 27, 12 6:38 AM
Shakespeare_mara, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if there are any missing extra plugins?

If you purchased the game, but cannot play the game, you will still receive the badge in your mailbox. Customer Support can then further assist you with any technical issues or other queries.

applepeachjicama, it's possible some of your hardware cannot run the game. You may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Mac Game Errors

Don't hesitate to get in touch with Tech Support if this doesn't help for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Dsharalin on Apr 27, 12 5:19 PM
I'm having the same problem others have mentioned - I can't even start playing the trial. It downloaded fine, but when I click on it in the Game Manager I immediately get a message saying that the application quit unexpectedly. I am using a Mac with OS X 10.5.8. I have already tried deleting and reinstalling it.

This is the third BF game in two months that has done this to me - the others I couldn't even try were White Haven and Adventures of Munchausen. I am very disappointed and very tired of this!!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 27, 12 6:46 PM
Dsharalin wrote:I'm having the same problem others have mentioned - I can't even start playing the trial. It downloaded fine, but when I click on it in the Game Manager I immediately get a message saying that the application quit unexpectedly. I am using a Mac with OS X 10.5.8. I have already tried deleting and reinstalling it.

This is the third BF game in two months that has done this to me - the others I couldn't even try were White Haven and Adventures of Munchausen. I am very disappointed and very tired of this!!

You need 10.6 -- Snow Leopard -- to play this game. Upgrading has come down in price -- $29.95 at the Granny Smith Emporium. The transition to Snow Leopard from Leopard was pretty painless for me -- no conflicts, everything still worked.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 27, 12 8:57 PM
Shakespeare_mara wrote:I'm getting an "OpenGL Driver" failure. I'm running an Mac with OSX 10.6.8, 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo with an ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card with everything updated (yes I ran the update to check). I emailed customer support but by the time they get back to me I will miss out on the opportunity to get the pin. Does anyone else know a way to update this? I cannot upgrade to the next OSX with this processor and what I'm seeing online is that that is the only way to update the OpenGL Driver on a Mac. I'm really frustrated because I've been a loyal customer of BFG and MCF since the beginning and I've been really patient about waiting since November for this to come out. Has anyone else gotten this message or a response of what to do about it?

Per CS, your OpenGL driver needs to be 2.1 or higher. Myself and another player have an even older driver (1.6.14) and the game plays fine for us. So, I have no idea what is going on with the OpenGL. It doesn't sound like anyone really does.

Edited on 04/27/2012 at 9:53:23 PM PST

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Apr 27, 12 11:22 PM
mario_buisson wrote:Clock 7.40PM.

Is it a bug or is it me?

I do not seem to be able to successfully change the clock to 7.40PM that would trigger the lady to grow her hair.

I tried everything.

any suggestions?

I am also having the same problem - I bought the game and it is so full of bugs

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 28, 12 3:44 AM
In order to run this game, it requires Open GL version 2.1 or higher. Some users who have Snow Leopard installed on their Mac may find that the max version they can run is 2.0 or 1.4 in some cases. That is why the ‘Unsupported OpenGL Driver Version’ message is popping up.

This is information that should have been prominently posted on the game page. You also need to post how you can discover which version is on your computer.

Absolutely Try Before You Purchase this not quite ready for prime time game.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 28, 12 7:07 AM
jazzluv wrote:
mario_buisson wrote:Clock 7.40PM.

Is it a bug or is it me?

I do not seem to be able to successfully change the clock to 7.40PM that would trigger the lady to grow her hair.

I tried everything.

any suggestions?

I am also having the same problem - I bought the game and it is so full of bugs
This is not a bug - it just means that you haven't picked up all 10 toe nails from the bed. You can't move on until you've done that.

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by jazzluv on Apr 28, 12 7:57 AM
Now in proposal door - the nurse disk is too big for the main image - the disk refused to line up with the main image - keeps rejecting it

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 28, 12 1:42 PM
jazzluv wrote:Now in proposal door - the nurse disk is too big for the main image - the disk refused to line up with the main image - keeps rejecting it

Find the nurse in another place. SPOILER -- in the Asylum control center -- flip through the video screens.

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Journal glitchy

[Post New]by phizz on Apr 28, 12 4:12 PM
Not all the expected journal entries appear, and the tabs at the top stay at 0/15 and 1/16. I'm in the asylum now, using Mac with OSX 10.7.3

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Journal glitchy

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 28, 12 11:08 PM
phizz wrote:Not all the expected journal entries appear, and the tabs at the top stay at 0/15 and 1/16. I'm in the asylum now, using Mac with OSX 10.7.3

For the tabs, you need to be looking for things in the journal. Look very closely.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 28, 12 11:10 PM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:
In order to run this game, it requires Open GL version 2.1 or higher. Some users who have Snow Leopard installed on their Mac may find that the max version they can run is 2.0 or 1.4 in some cases. That is why the ‘Unsupported OpenGL Driver Version’ message is popping up.

This is information that should have been prominently posted on the game page. You also need to post how you can discover which version is on your computer.

Absolutely Try Before You Purchase this not quite ready for prime time game.

And yet, as I said above, both Frogmort and I have 1.6.14 and the game plays just fine. I'm suspicious of the 2.1 or higher requirement.

Definitely try before you buy - which you should be doing no matter what the game anyway.

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Apr 29, 12 12:09 AM
shorenuf wrote:
jazzluv wrote:Now in proposal door - the nurse disk is too big for the main image - the disk refused to line up with the main image - keeps rejecting it

Find the nurse in another place. SPOILER -- in the Asylum control center -- flip through the video screens.

Thanks so much - man I was getting frustrated

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Apr 29, 12 11:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

As some have mentioned in here, this game will run best if your computer has the latest version of OpenGL. It sounds like some have been able to run the game on an earlier version of OpenGL, so if you curious if it will run on your device or not, definitely try the trial of the game. This should show you how the game will run on your computer before buying.

But if you’re running into trouble with the OpenGL or getting an “Unsupported OpenGL Driver Version” error message, I would write into our Customer Support team (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that). One of our reps would be happy to look into this for you, and in addition to that it can also help us track any issues with this as well.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Apr 30, 12 7:46 PM
In the lighthouse, the four-square reads EEEE instead of 0000. I wouldn't have known I needed to get one of the puzzles to the zeros without looking at the strategy guide.

Go to: