jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 11, 12 4:24 PM
TideWaters try "thrusting Jep" to the handle"

Re:Group play for RtMI started March 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

[Post New]by TideWaters on Mar 11, 12 4:47 PM
Thank You JBOliver - I didn't see a handle, but I'm on my way to look. Have a good rest and GREAT work day tomorrow!!!!!!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Mar 11, 12 10:44 PM
How many medicinal plants are there ? I have bandaged Jep's head and given him the heated remedy. Still says he is too sick to eat. Not sure what else I need to do.

I don't know if I am ever going to be able to finish this game. Just played for a few minutes and it makes me ill. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

Forgot if it was mentioned but is Dracula Origin a 360 or a point and click ?

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 12, 12 1:44 AM
gov there are two medicinal plants, one by the snake and one by the clay (bark) .

I did a quick check at the beginnings of walkthroughs and one says double clicking the footprints will change the scene without waiting for you character to walk there, so I don't think it's 360°.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 12, 12 3:51 AM

Congrats on your morph
from --> TideWaters!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 12, 12 3:55 AM
@govols** you don't really need the second medicinal plant, but it does score you more points if you do give it to Jep. If you give Jep water, he's also ready to eat. **

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 12, 12 11:02 AM
Hi everyone

Back from work

I've managed to **open the "cage" in the Nautilus, with the help of thrusting Jep, but don't know how to go further. There is this gap in front of the door, don't figure out to get through it and reach the door **

I guess I still need your help

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Mar 12, 12 11:10 AM
govols - Dracula Origin is a normal point and click game, I think it was the 360 that was putting me off a bit with this game myself to be honest.

Congrats on your morph TideWaters

Edited on 03/12/2012 at 11:10:21 AM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 12, 12 11:50 AM
marie there is a "path" of metal on the left.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Mar 12, 12 3:14 PM
CATFISH GIRL!!!! You're the best, what a gorgeous picture! Put a smile on my day! and the cake was the extra touch because I have FINISHED!! What a great play and I have my first LF under my belt!! Phew that was hard work. Makes other games seem tame in comparison. Please count me in for Dracula!!! I also want to thank each and everyone of you who came to my aid. Didn't think I would graduate with those 7 questions!!!! I died more times than I can count - what I know about sea life you could put on the tip of my little finger. But I love to learn, so learned a lot in more ways than one. Also, I now know what MORPHING is!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 12, 12 3:16 PM
marie, you need to use two thrusters ...

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 12, 12 11:14 PM
Thanks everyone

CONGRATS on you morph TideWaters

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 13, 12 3:24 AM
@TideWaters You are very welcome and I am pleased you really liked your first LF game. Looking forward to playing Dracula Origen with you too.
Ohhh and of course:
Congrats on finishing TideWaters!

Edited on 03/13/2012 at 4:19:51 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 13, 12 3:33 AM
Just popping in here to say that we are planning to do a Nancy Drew game before we start Dracula Origen. We will probably start this Saturday, come over to our hang out thread if you are interested and say what ND game you would like.

This will be a bit like the Hotel goup play, just a smaller group play for in between, but we will probably still have lots of fun with it.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Mar 13, 12 5:48 AM
Congrats to everyone who finished!

Catfish_girl: Which Nancy Drew? O, I better check the LFG thread so I can see which one it is! In any case count me in!

I'm almost done...I'm working on the safe with the 4 shifting plates lock. It's a pain in the .... , lol. But I should be finished today.

If anyone can help, I have some questions about work areas (with the white tool sign) I've encountered where I couldn't figure out what to do:

1. It came up on the darkened fire pit wall on the beach (over and above the fire pit one). I tired a bunch of stuff on that and nothing.

2. There was one on the Granite House, 1860 sign too and I was at a loss. Every time I tried something Mina kept reading the sign but it also showed you could use a tool. What can you do there?

Edited on 03/13/2012 at 5:50:23 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Mar 13, 12 10:30 AM
@Tailteann As far as I know ** neither places hold anything special. 1) mina makes a comment, saying: soot. which basically leds you to think that would be a great fireplace. That's all there is to it. 2) The sign for Granite House is not an active area, you can't do anything over the sign. But Granite House itself is an actvie area and needs thorough exploring AND Granite House is been mentioned in material you find there. You can forget about trying to use inventory items at those two places, it just won't work. **
Good luck with the last hurdles you have to take!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 13, 12 3:27 PM
The last time I played a Nancy Drew game I couldn't get through it even with a walkthrough. I've played many large file games since I played that one but I'll have to give this some thought.

[Post New]by Kapellan5 on Mar 13, 12 5:09 PM
Hi, this a first for me. Previously all I have ever done is read a message or two.
I hope to become an active member of your group, Today I began playing RtMI and it hasnt taken me long to feel I'm stuck!
I'm sure I will have lots of questions wanting answers.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Mar 13, 12 11:01 PM
Hi everyone ?

Would you tell me ** how to solve the riddles ? You don't have list of answers you can choose. I don't want the answers. I just want to know how to answer the robots ..Maybe I have to figure out in order to get more points ? **

Welcome to the pond Kapellan5

Edited on 03/13/2012 at 11:02:00 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 14, 12 3:00 AM
To solve the riddles **********
Before you answer the 1st question, take time to go around the room and look at EVERYTHING. (The nautical tools on back wall, the weapons on side wall, the vases, the pictures, the items in the case,etc.) Click on each item, and the captions for each thing will give you the answers. When you decide an item is the answer to a riddle; click on it, and before saying yes or no, click on 'repeat the question' to check yourself. Be sure you do the puzzle on the safe to open it, because items in there are also answers. I actually cheated on one by leaving the game to Goggle "glides along the ocean floor with 5 teeth"!

Go to: