Angeli

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Friends of Eastendteddy

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on May 24, 17 10:23 AM
TODAY'S (5/24) UPDATE:

Hi all--I spoke to Randy and he said the morphine he WAS on is now out of his system and he's now back on the right one he was on from his previous surgery that is working well. However, it does tend to put him in La La land, which is okay, as it's working for the pain, but does make it difficult to log on without seeing jello.

His therapy is going well--he's increased his knee bend from 85 to 91, which is excellent news! However, the PT is still trying to get him to walk outside--NOT happening! He says it's too dangerous because of downed limbs and such in the way and no one has been out to take care of it yet. Also, he STILL has not heard from CLSC yet about a bed. He says at this point, he'll have completed PT and be back on his feet by the time they call a year from now to say they have a bed! ***sigh***

So, in the meantime, he's just continuing to do the exercises on his own, and with PT coming out 2 or 3 times a week.

That's it for now and I expect posts to be minimal as it would otherwise be much of the same rhetoric for a while.

Ada

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on May 24, 17 10:31 AM
News is getting better! Thanks Ada.

xanadu3251
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by xanadu3251 on May 24, 17 10:40 AM
You have been in my prayers. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sending luck and rainbows to you

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on May 24, 17 10:47 AM
I do admire your strength and fortitude Randy.

When I 'were a young lad' I bought me the Royal Canadian Air Force Exercises Plans.
The contents proved to me NOT to mess with the Canadian Air Force!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on May 24, 17 4:35 PM
Randy... I think you are in imminent danger!!! That treacherous quasi therapy nurse is up to something to keep you from our midst.
I was aimlessly wandering the castle wondering what to work on next now that the Spring Event is over,when I spied her lurking over the Watery Bridge.I followed her to thr Fairy Forest where she did a deal with Rumpelstiltskin.She gave him coins & he gave her the handcuffs from The Arsenal & Gretals boots.
At the Limb entrance she stole The Whip of Terror from the Statue's Hand.
I know not what dastardly plot she is hatching for you but watch out if she turns up wearing knee high boots & carrying a whip.Do not let Donna open the door.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on May 24, 17 5:27 PM
LOL Auntie..........if the nurse is wearing boots and carrying a whip.......I just pictured Randy CRAWLING to the door to let her in!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 24, 17 5:44 PM
Thanks again, Ada, for your update.......91% is great progress.....getting on the right meds is even better.......but, I really don't know how he can determine if he is in or out of la la land, since he appeared to be there on a regular basis.

Angeli64
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Angeli64 on May 24, 17 7:47 PM

Thank you for the update, Ada!

Angeli

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 24, 17 8:06 PM
playingthegame wrote:I do admire your strength and fortitude Randy.

When I 'were a young lad' I bought me the Royal Canadian Air Force Exercises Plans.
The contents proved to me NOT to mess with the Canadian Air Force!

I read this fast and thought it was the Royal Canadian Air FARCE Exercises Anybody who saw the show when it was around would understand my surprise since it was a sketch comedy. I think with Randy in la-la land maybe those would be the most appropriate

I still miss the Chicken Cannon target of the week, sigh. Maybe we could get a picture of the physical therapist and put it up. Randy, start thinking of ammo for it!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on May 24, 17 8:42 PM
rosiebvt wrote:
I read this fast and thought it was the Royal Canadian Air FARCE Exercises Anybody who saw the show when it was around would understand my surprise since it was a sketch comedy. I think with Randy in la-la land maybe those would be the most appropriate

I still miss the Chicken Cannon target of the week, sigh. Maybe we could get a picture of the physical therapist and put it up. Randy, start thinking of ammo for it!

Oh yes!
I can just imagine Teresa there asking him if he wanted a chicken or the ginormous squirrel to put down the barrel!
So many wonderful HOS inventory here for the task
What a tonic that would be!

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on May 26, 17 2:44 PM
Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear Randy is making progress. He's in my thoughts and prayers as always....

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on May 30, 17 12:45 PM
TODAY'S (5/30) UPDATE:

Hi all--Nothing new on the health front with Randy. Still waiting for a call about a bed at the therapy center but continuing PT at home in the meantime.

He did ask me to let you all know he's having computer issues and can't post right now. He can see the forum but can't access it! He also can't open his game! He used Donna's computer to put in a ticket with CS, but knows that may take some time to get the issues resolved.

Ada

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on May 30, 17 1:44 PM
Thank you Ada,What would we do without you.
Poor Randy life is really throwing a lot of doggie do do at you lately.Fingers crossed good news must be round the corner soon.We all miss you.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on May 30, 17 11:02 PM
Thanks Ada! I am glad Randy can at least read the forum so he doesn't think we have forgotten him. LIKE THAT'S EVER GONNA HAPPEN!

Randy...keep up with the PT. After my hubby's shoulder surgery it was tough at first but it got a little easier with a little more range of motion. I promise you the hard work will pay off!

Kate

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on May 31, 17 11:19 PM
LOVE YOU RANDY, WAS BEGINNING TO WORRY WITH NO WORD FOR SO LONG.

SHARLENE

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on May 31, 17 11:39 PM
There once was a guy known as Randy
Whose idea of a drink was not shandy
He toiled night and day
And then found a way
To drink brandy in a pill he called candy!

Take care my friend!

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Jun 1, 17 2:44 AM
Your MC family is thinking of you, Randy. Hope all is going well.

katiek

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 2, 17 2:45 PM
With any luck we're not hearing from him in person because he's finally gotten into rehab? Crossed all fingers, toes, eyes, legs, and anything else that will cross.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jun 3, 17 11:44 AM
TODAY'S (June 3) UPDATE:

Hi all--I just spoke to Randy and he's progressing VERY well! PT came out yesterday and he got his knee bend to 97, which is awesome! The PT also had him do what they call the Flamingo (stand on one leg with the other bent, and let go of sink edge he was holding onto for support). He said he managed to do it for like 5 seconds! AND, he's been cutting back on the amount of morphine pills (hates taking pills) and so far so good, understanding not to cut back too much too soon.

He's still having computer issues where he can view the forum but can't access it. He's still waiting to hear from CS on that. He can, and does, go into his game to do gifting and try to play a bit but, again, still can't sit too long at the computer yet.

Randy said to give you all his good wishes and he misses you all!

Ada

Go to: