Game Sluggish and Unresponsive At Times

[Post New]by mommiegeek on Sep 5, 09 7:40 PM
I'm trying the demo of this game and I'm slowly losing interest.

The game runs very slowly and sluggishly. I couldn't even complete the beginning story movie, I just skipped it because it took more than 1 minute to even pan out a few frames, never mind how long it took to change sentences. In game, it hangs when I try to move the mouse and then hangs again if I try to pick something up.

I'm on Windows Vista, 2.5GHz, 2GB RAM

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Game Sluggish and Unresponsive At Times

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Sep 5, 09 8:30 PM
I played the whole game and had no problems. Ran fine for me. But I'm not using Vista. I don't know if that's the problem but you certainly have enough computer power to run this game.

Are you running anything in the background while playing the game? Sometimes an anti-virus program or something can conflict.

Do you have a firewall? I know that lots of games these days try to "phone home" when you start playing them. That is, they try to contact the website of the game developer or distributor. My firewall stops it by asking me if I want to let the contact through. If I don't answer, or don't see the popup asking me, the game will keep trying endlessly - sucking up computer resources and slowing the game to a crawl. Blocking the contact for good solves the problem.

If none of those things apply, try uninstalling completely and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, contact Customer Support. It's the little green envelope on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Clicking that will take you to a big support page. Go to the left hand side near the bottom and click the Contact or Ask Us or Support or whatever it's called. That will bring up a form for you to fill out to request help.

BF customer support is the best. Bar none. But they are going to ask you to check the things I mentioned so you might as well do it first. Then let them know you did all that in your support request.

Sorry this is so long. Hope it all makes sense. It's a great game and worth the trouble if you can make it work.

Go to: