Placing Buildings

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Placing Buildings

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 24, 15 7:27 AM

While visiting friends, I have noticed that one person has managed to squeeze 2 quarries into the top righthand corner, in front of the Harpy Tree. They are in front of the path that leads to the Harpy Tree, and the base of the quarries slightly overhang the cliffs.

My game does not allow me to put quarries there, as there is only one line of squares available and the quarries need two squares.

I just wondered if this was a fluke, or is there some way to force items into prohibited areas?

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

Re:Placing Buildings

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Sep 24, 15 7:33 AM
I wondered about that too, saw similar things. But if there is a way, it's not allowed to post about it... (forum rules).

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 24, 15 9:20 AM
I don't think there is a real good answer here. I think it may be a fluke.

I have played two individual games of DA. In my first game I have the quarries (both) over hanging the cliffs exactly as you described. In my second game I am not able to place the quarries in the same place and only one of them can slightly over hang the cliffs.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 24, 15 9:32 AM
silver_hawk wrote:I don't think there is a real good answer here. I think it may be a fluke.

I have played two individual games of DA. In my first game I have the quarries (both) over hanging the cliffs exactly as you described. In my second game I am not able to place the quarries in the same place and only one of them can slightly over hang the cliffs.

Thanks for that - it is indeed very interesting. I cannot get ANYTHING to overhang the cliffs up there! lol. I am only allowed to place single items up there below the path.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 24, 15 10:34 AM
Kuddles3,

What is your game name? I tried to invite Augle (found on the Friends List thread) and it was a level 8 game. Are you playing a new game with a new id? or another fluke?

Silver Hawk (game id's: Alenessa and Silverhawk)

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 10:35:04 AM PST

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 24, 15 4:44 PM
Hi silver_hawk,

Oh, that is strange. Yes, that is me - I only have one game (called Augle) but my game level is 48. I wonder what others are seeing me as then? I will be disappointed if no-one is seeing all my hard work! lol

Interestingly, I have several times tried to add sthrightwhale (called Anne) who is obviously at an advanced stage, yet it always shows me her as Level 9.

It looks like we have found a new glitch!

At present I am plodding through the 10 rounds of the university, and assume there is is not much more to come after that.

It was on your Alenessa game that I saw the 2 quarries that I first mentioned, so was curious as to how you got them there.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 24, 15 5:01 PM
Kuddles3 wrote:Hi silver_hawk,

Oh, that is strange. Yes, that is me - I only have one game (called Augle) but my game level is 48. I wonder what others are seeing me as then? I will be disappointed if no-one is seeing all my hard work! lol

Interestingly, I have several times tried to add sthrightwhale (called Anne) who is obviously at an advanced stage, yet it always shows me her as Level 9.

At present I am plodding through the 10 rounds of the university, and assume there is is not much more to come after that.

It was on your Alenessa game that I saw the 2 quarries that I first mentioned, so was curious as to how you got them there.

Before I knew about the names being case sensitive, I added Anne so when I went in to add Anne the right way, it tells me that I already have that player. So I'm assuming we can't add the same name more than once, no matter how it's spelled ~Anne, anne or ANNE

ETA: My Anne is level 9 also

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 5:11:52 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 24, 15 5:42 PM
Kuddles3,

I wish I could see how you've decorated your lands. I tried to add Augle to my Silverhawk game also. It came up as level 8 there too. Maybe after the update it would be corrected (crossing fingers).

I have ANNE as level 78 on my Silverhawk game. but I have Anne level 9 on my Alenessa game and I cannot add ANNE same as HoosierAmy as it says I already have a friend by that name.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Sep 24, 15 9:07 PM
Augle comes up as level 8 on my game as well.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 25, 15 2:48 AM
winnerkooties wrote:Augle comes up as level 8 on my game as well.

Thank you all for the feedback about my game. It is very disappointing that no-one can see it properly, as I think half the fun is in seeing all the ingenious and very varied ways that people have displayed their territory.

silverhawk:

It is interesting that you have ANNE on one of your games ........

Regarding Anne: when I first saw this, sthrightwhale had posted it as ANNE - so that was the way that I added her name (in full capitals), as I had read about the case sensitive having to be exact. I was therefore a bit surprised when she appeared in my friends list as Anne, Level 9. The game had automatically changed the capitals I had written, into lower case. However, as Anne is quite a common name, I assumed that there might be more than one player with that name and that it had allocated me the wrong one.

But I doubt that there is another player with the name Augle, so that cannot be the reason why mine is showing wrongly, and people are obviously typing Augle in correctly - so it is obvious that there are some serious problems with the Friends system.

I wonder if it is a problem with names beginning with A ?

ETA. Although now I think about it, that can't be the reason either, as we do not have a problem with Alenessa.

Edited on 09/25/2015 at 9:50:40 AM PST

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Sep 25, 15 10:19 AM
Well Kuddles, I went to your Augle site earlier today and all I saw was lots and lots of weeds, 3 gardens, 4 worker huts, a school and a storage unit. That's it! Would love to see your real setup.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 25, 15 4:25 PM
winnerkooties wrote:Well Kuddles, I went to your Augle site earlier today and all I saw was lots and lots of weeds, 3 gardens, 4 worker huts, a school and a storage unit. That's it! Would love to see your real setup.

Thank you Winner. So it seems that everyone is only seeing my game at Level 8. That is a shame - I can assure you that I have lots more than that, as I am near to finishing the current content! I have contacted Customer Support. I hope they can fix this, but am not entirely confident that they will do so. I will report back as to how I get on.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 25, 15 4:42 PM
Kuddles3 wrote:
winnerkooties wrote:Well Kuddles, I went to your Augle site earlier today and all I saw was lots and lots of weeds, 3 gardens, 4 worker huts, a school and a storage unit. That's it! Would love to see your real setup.

Thank you Winner. So it seems that everyone is only seeing my game at Level 8. That is a shame - I can assure you that I have lots more than that, as I am near to finishing the current content! I have contacted Customer Support. I hope they can fix this, but am not entirely confident that they will do so. I will report back as to how I get on.

Yep, I'm seeing the same as winnerkooties. Man that place needs a gardener Hope they can get this straightened out soon

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 25, 15 5:13 PM
Hey folks,

I was thinking of starting a new game, so I went to my profile for the first time ............

and I was astonished to see that in the profile for my game it is calling me Aggle

I have no idea how that happened, as you are finding Augle, which I am positive is what I typed in, and I doubt that another player has that name. I always keep careful notes in a notebook of all names, log-ins, passwords, etc. for everything, and I only have one game here.

Anyway, this may be the answer, so I wonder if you could try adding Aggle and see if you find me at Level 48 that way.

Edited on 09/25/2015 at 5:17:31 PM PST

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 25, 15 5:38 PM
~Kuddles, yep doll there you are Beautiful use of tiling and roads. I especially love the statues by the cave. Glad the mystery is solved! Make sure to change your name in the friends list

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 15 8:17 PM
Kuddles3,

So glad you figured out what the issue was. I added Aggle and what a surprise. Definitely worth seeing !! .

What an awesome set up. You do have an eye for decorating. I'd say you passed the Aesthetics Studies with honors .

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Sep 26, 15 7:03 AM
Kuddles3 wrote:Hi silver_hawk,

hey Kuddles3, there are 2 Anne', my name is all in capitals, and yes i am currently on level 80. Hope you are having fun and good luck, i have added you to my list of friends

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Sep 26, 15 7:13 AM
Awesome designing. May I ask what your happiness level is? What did you spend all your money on? I have more Chloris and Sphinx than I can shake a stick at.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 26, 15 8:22 AM
HoosierAmy and silver_hawk: I’m so glad it’s working now, and thank you both for your very kind words about my city! I love this game – it is a real change from the HOS. I regard it as primarily a design game (which I think is what the developers intended – try to design the most attractive and logical layout) so this is what I have concentrated on, rather than just rushing through the quests or trying to get ahead. I actually find it quite relaxing, and can spend hours moving things around trying to improve it, especially now there is quite a bit of waiting between quests. Seeing all the different ideas and ways that friends have found to place things is fascinating – and I don’t think I have seen two that are remotely similar yet!

Regarding the difficulties over my name, I think I have worked out when it happened. I started Academy on 8th August, after Winner had mentioned it over in Found. A couple of days later, on 10th August, I went to set up my profile and add friends, but unfortunately that was the same day that all the trouble occurred with everyone losing their friends and being given random people, etc. I didn’t know much about the game then so I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t add the friends I was typing in but was adding other names. I ended up with 4 randoms, all level 8 and 9, who have not progressed since. I had probably reached level 8 at that point, and it seems to me that during the glitch, games on level 8 or 9 somehow got frozen and all stopped working on that day when they were added as randoms. Augle must have been amongst them and was probably added as a random to someone’s account. Somehow, however, it changed my name to Aggle and allowed me to continue on with my game. I was unaware of any of this until yesterday, and maybe all those other randoms are in the same boat but don’t come on the forum. This is my best guess anyway.

I am now wondering whether I can continue on with Augle, but wouldn’t know how to log into it or change them over, and don’t want to risk my main game.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Sep 26, 15 8:29 AM
sthrightwhale wrote:

hey Kuddles3, there are 2 Anne', my name is all in capitals, and yes i am currently on level 80. Hope you are having fun and good luck, i have added you to my list of friends

Sadly, I cannot add you now to see all your work, as it has already given me the other Anne. Hopefully they will make some improvements to the Friends system in the update to sort all this out.

Go to: