When the Gummy Dropped (a short story)

[Post New]by MercilessMing on Sep 24, 15 3:04 PM
Ming had an error message playing level 18 in San Francisco.

"System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Match.ApplicationData' ..threw an exception .. blah blah..

...so hmm ... contact Customer Support!!

Seven long gummiless days later Ming received from Customer Support...

It looks like an error is coming up whenever you try to play Gummy Drop!. I definitely understand and will do my best to help you out.

First I'd like to apologize for the delay in response, as we've been recently backed up with a very high volume of emails. Thank you for your patience.

This is currently an error that we've seen some other players run into as well. The developers are fully aware and are looking into a fix for this hopefully by the next update.

We're not given any information on when the fix or update will be available, but hopefully it will be soon so that you can continue playing again!

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and issued you a complimentary coupon code that you can use to get any standard version game on our site for free to play. Here's the coupon below:

Thank you for the coupon...

................ ...but no more Gummies for Ming ..

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:When the Gummy Dropped (a short story)

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 24, 15 6:03 PM
Are you on PC? I've seen this error message -at least it starts just like yours and has a lot more info thereafter and appears in a rectangular white window- several times in the past month or so but I was always able to reenter the game and play.

Until today! When I opened Game Manager there was an ad about Shanghai (there was no update for PCs though). When I tried to enter the game I was immediately thrown out with same message and have been unable to enter since despite numerous tries. I even installed the Flash Player -which appeared when I clicked on the Shanghai ad- though I'm sure I already had it. Nada.

What is strange is that I have a second game on the same PC but under a different user name which still works fine. I'm not very keen on playing it though as I'm still in Tokyo there whereas in the other one that is kaput I was in Rome.

So off to customer support...I have a feeling that they will not be able to fix this...

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 24, 15 6:45 PM
Well more bad news: I just saw the mod post dated today announcing the new update for PC which includes Shanghai and bug fixes/improvements. This means that if they haven't fixed it with this update who knows when (or if).

Plus, I don't have any update available, even for the game that still works...

This sax!

[Post New]by MercilessMing on Sep 24, 15 7:19 PM
eli173 wrote:Well more bad news: I just saw the mod post dated today announcing the new update for PC which includes Shanghai and bug fixes/improvements. This means that if they haven't fixed it with this update who knows when (or if).

Plus, I don't have any update available, even for the game that still works...

This sax!

Stuck in San Francisco..

.............................. ... never going to Shanghai

eli, may I borrow your saxophone to pass the time?

ming

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Sep 25, 15 3:09 AM
MercilessMing wrote:

Stuck in San Francisco..

.............................. ... never going to Shanghai

eli, may I borrow your saxophone to pass the time?

ming

Well my sax is a little out of tune but be my guest! I'll accompany you with a violin...(((screeech)))

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Sep 25, 15 3:49 PM
Maybe I can join with a triangle? (probably the only way not to make you deaf)

I am sorry you are facing this issue (how frustrating!!) and hope it can get sorted out quickly! I can't remember having seen an update actually.

And Your Lordship, you can't miss SF level 20 difficulty 3!! Nonono!! Beat it in less than 5 tries without additional moves or boosts and that yummy sprout gratin is yours!

<crossing fingers for an efficient update>

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Sep 26, 15 10:54 AM
Shades of Ernie Kovacks! What a band that would be. All you need is someone with drumsticks to hit you on the head and some ape masks!

Go to: