ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

For Those Who Lost Quests...

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 5:04 PM
I don't mean couldn't finish the building.. I'm talking about those quests where they disappeared in the middle of the day or didn't show up at all..

Did you ever get your quests back? Did new ones appear the next day?

If you could let us know, that would be great. I would like to see if it was an issue yesterday or something ongoing.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:For Those Who Lost Quests...

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 24, 15 5:09 PM
Pretty sure from all reports it's an ongoing major bummer.

At the end of 'Robber Days' let's count how many folks haven't been drawn and quartered, raped and pillaged, had their game destroyed, etc.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 24, 15 5:10 PM
I lost one of the customization quests about 3-4 hours before it should have expired.

At 1 AM, I received the next day's quest.

The quest I lost was the 8th quest on day 4 (Customize the Time Machine Building)

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 5:52:21 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 5:14 PM
mpendo wrote:Pretty sure from all reports it's an ongoing major bummer.

At the end of 'Robber Days' let's count how many folks haven't been drawn and quartered, raped and pillaged, had their game destroyed, etc.

I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping to hear from some of those folks who posted on the other threads because I asked there and haven't heard yet...

Since I haven't heard, not sure if that means it's been resolved for them so they are busy playing or if it's still not fixed and they have given up.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 5:21 PM
From the posts, It looks like the BIG problem day, was Day 5.. our first day without the customization quests.. (just noting this so I remember)

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 24, 15 5:32 PM
I'll take "Quest disappearing and not coming back" for $400 Alex. Chestnut If you shut down the game they go away. I did not finish today's quest again, could not. I have NOT finished one quest due to my connection or lack of build up in the AES compound. I shut down this morning and I have no Pirate flag showing nor any quest when I brought the game back up to give out keys. That's been the process from the get go. If you shut down, sneeze, breathe they be gone hon!

Normally even with the July 4th event which I was here with my lousy connection. If you can't or don't finish the quest within the 24 hours its there waiting for you when you log on. If you do it then it disappears. Its Been that way for ever, not this time around. Unless I am missing something, this time around it ain't working.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 5:39 PM
During Day 5 quests, the forum was flooded with people saying their quests disappeared. Day 6 quests I'm not seeing the same complaints.

I'm trying to figure out if it was an isolated issue for a lot of people with those quests, maybe because there were multiple trips involved, or because connections were coming and going or is it continuing.

I'm not sure you're a good example for this, because admittedly your connection is weak at best right now.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 24, 15 5:41 PM
I shut down many times on the day that I lost my quest. Have no idea why I could do that all day and then when I opened the game late in the evening, the quest was gone.

And the thing that really angers me is that if I hadn't lost the quest, I would have paid the gold to finish the building, theoretically received the final quest for the day, completed that and I would never have taken down the Pirate customizations and never have lost the hardware store.

For the want of a nail, etc.

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 5:51:59 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 24, 15 6:36 PM
I hear you TSue - damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Seems like it's impossible to make a 'right turn' in PDays.

I give up.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Sep 24, 15 6:38 PM
I LOST THE PEARL QUEST SECOND PEARL IN. GOT THE FIRST. ON MY 12 FLIGHT FOR THE SECOND. THEN IT WAS GONE. STILL TRYING TO GET 2 SETS OF PEARLS ONE FOR THE SPECIAL ONE FOR ODIN. IT IS COSTING A FORTUNE. NOT GETTING THE PEARLS OR MUCH IN THE WAY OF FUEL. THANKS TO VALINTINE'S AND EASTER I MAY MAKE IT THROUGH HALLOWEEN. AND THIS MESS.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 24, 15 6:40 PM
charlieisr wrote:I LOST THE PEARL QUEST SECOND PEARL IN. GOT THE FIRST. ON MY 12 FLIGHT FOR THE SECOND. THEN IT WAS GONE. STILL TRYING TO GET 2 SETS OF PEARLS ONE FOR THE SPECIAL ONE FOR ODIN. IT IS COSTING A FORTUNE. NOT GETTING THE PEARLS OR MUCH IN THE WAY OF FUEL. THANKS TO VALINTINE'S AND EASTER I MAY MAKE IT THROUGH HALLOWEEN. AND THIS MESS.

DID YOU RECEIVE TODAY'S QUESTS? DID YOU EVER RECEIVE ANY OTHER QUESTS FOR THE PEARLS, OR ONCE THE 2ND VANISHED NOTHING MORE CAME UP?

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Sep 24, 15 6:42 PM
I HAVE 1 FRIEND WHO HAS MANAGED TO DO ALL THE QUEST SO FAR, WITH NO PROBLEMS. ONE OF THE FEW I FIGURE. AT LEAST AS WE KNOW OF.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 24, 15 6:46 PM
Look my friends - the sun will come up tomorrow, a good thing, but, in my mind, this event has been sabotaged.

Let's see, when the dust has settled, who actually emerged unscathed (i.e. who got all the PD quests without having their game wrecked).

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 6:48:24 PM PST

dubemi
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by dubemi on Sep 24, 15 7:16 PM
I lost the time machine quest and the day after I got another quest, if I remenber correctly it was the pearl quest and I did it,

Wait until the end of theses pirates day's to see all the damages pirates could do, at least we know the steal

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Sep 24, 15 7:30 PM
Ok, I am actually playing 3 games. My first game everything has worked. I had all my buildings customized with no issues. I am at 40/44, and I have all 4 collections filled multiple times. I have fulfilled all of Oden's quests. and am waiting for the final 4 collections. My second game I was not able to finish the customizations in the museum complex, but did get credit for the town customizations. I have also completed the pearl and Spain quests with no problem.

However, my newest game had problems on day one. I had 2 buildings to update. I went to pay gold to finish one, and the quest vanished, and never came back. So. I was 2 buildings short from day one, and decided to not continue with PD for this game.

Edited on 09/24/2015 at 7:33:19 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 24, 15 7:34 PM
Some days I wonder if the stalwart forum contributors are representative of the ART player family or just a vocal minority.

I believe the regular contributors to this forum do give a voice to the hundreds of thousands of players who still play this game, who, for whatever reason, rarely post but read the forum daily for the good humor and the kind advise.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 24, 15 7:36 PM
I lost the customisation quests on day two in. I had just hit the button to customise the birds and the game froze. After waiting for 5 minutes I had to pull the plug and the quests never came back and I did not get credit for that customisation.

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nmabbey on Sep 24, 15 8:11 PM
I lost the last pearl quest. I got the first 4 pearls and then nothing. No quest came up for the last pearl. I did not log out at any time. I did have today's quests though and had no problem with them. At this point I am only missing one quest.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 24, 15 9:20 PM
I lost the pearl quest after finding two pearls and then having to leave.
I closed the game at 6.50 pm and came back at 12.30 am - then the quest was gone.
It never came back, not on that day, neither on the next.
I did not have problems with the internet connection.
The next day I got the next quest quite normal.
Hope that helps....

[Post New]by gizmoscotty on Sep 25, 15 2:35 AM
I was one of those people that lost the quest. And no I didn't come back. I couldn't care less now. I didn't finish today's but that was my choice.

Go to: