Edited on 09/25/2015 at 5:31:27 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 25, 15 5:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Good solid SE, bonus not needed

[Post New]by greenshade on Sep 25, 15 5:52 AM
An outside reviewer whom I respect rated this game very highly so decided to purchase it and they were so right!

I've been asking Eipix to "up their game" and give us more than eye candy and simple tasks.
Asked for more challenge.. they gave it!! Lots to do, inventory to collect and later use in various scenes.
Varied Hidden objects.. they gave it !! And even the standard HOs I enjoyed BECAUSE the game so so immersive.
Good mix of easy, medium, and hard puzzles (for me).

I have never had the need to look at an Eipix map before but I needed to in this game.. several times!

A good solid 4 hours in main game and extra hour in bonus (although would be good as a SE, too, as bonus not needed)

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 29, 15 5:55 PM
Sorry, but I didn't care for this game at all.

I came across three puzzles that could not be skipped in the 27 minutes I played, and that's a big no-no for me. Maybe looking through the tourist binoculars was supposed to be a HOP, but it required moving the view and adjusting the focus, so it played like a puzzle. In fact, the HOP inside the van included working a puzzle, but that one was easy enough.

I don't like gimmicks in HO games. This one had a signal finder that you have to get on exactly the right pixel. I knew where the signal was coming from but I couldn't get it to hit the exact spot, nor could it be dropped. Come to think of it, that also equals a puzzle that can't be skipped.

For me, there's no point continuing to play a game just to find out if it will get better when it isn't holding my interest, requires a hint at every turn, and has puzzles I can't skip.

Edited on 09/29/2015 at 5:56:30 PM PST

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Oct 4, 15 4:46 PM
If you have any kind of scientific and/or mechanical bent, then this game's for you. I am skilled in neither of those areas, so I found many of the mini games to be challenging. In easy mode they were all skippable, thank goodness. I felt the entire game was geared toward "techies", but I enjoyed it anyway. I thought the story line was a nice change from the witches and monsters I've seen a lot of lately. Good job, Eipix!

Go to: