TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 25, 15 3:51 PM
Use up your fuel by flying to Spain. (you can earn collectibles that can be redeemed for gold)

Or, use up your fuel flying to the 1 fuel countries. You will receive collectibles that AFTER THE RESTART can be assembled and you'll have stars available for the fix the plane quests and you'll start off the buildings quests with a supply of fuel.

Use up your stars playing the arcade (you can earn gold)

Check your collectibles and note which sets will give you buildings supplies and mini game resources.

Then proceed to get as many collectibles in those sets as you can by using your mini game resources and food.

Be sure to use keepsakes that increase the number of coins you receive.

When you are ready, and I'd advise waiting until Pirate Day is finished, follow Veronika's instructions to the letter. Your coins, gold, and collectibles should be retained even though you are back at the beginning of the game.

If they are not, well, at least you tried.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 9:39:27 AM PST


 
Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 25, 15 4:19 PM
I am on this as well. Un-bundle them bundles and use those mini resources. Preferably to finish any collection that has holes in it. Remember our Odin he WILL have his pound of flesh with them... Lord have mercy, remember our Teodi as well... So might want to turn those threads you have left into that collections. Cameos are ex-pen-seeve now a days!


 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 25, 15 7:43 PM
Those directions are as follows:
VeronikaG wrote:I restarted my game yesterday with the restart button (under the gear in top right hand corner, then settings and then the green button that says NEW GAME –OE), but before doing that, I shut off my internet connection. Result: I kept all my gold, coins and collectibles, but the inventory was empty (meaning I lost food, mini game resources, stars, keepsakes). I don't know if this will work every time somebody does it, but it seems to be the best result ever achieved in restarting a game, so I suppose it would be worthwhile to try it.

P.S. the friends stay anyway, also the antique rating points. But you have to do all the achievements again (which I think is good, as you also get the rewards again...)


Bluex wrote:Vnika when you say you restarted the game. You mean you went to the gear and pressed "NEW GAME"?


VeronikaG wrote:Exactly; and I hit the button whereby I accepted that I would lose all my gold and all my coins. But I did this with the internet connection cut off.


TiramaSue wrote:
Did you retain your bricks, wood, and paint? How about mini game resources? Food or keepsakes?


VeronikaG wrote:No, the inventory was empty. I was lucky insofar as I had always played practically all my stars in the penny arcade, so no big loss there. Food and keepsakes are no problem anyway, I'm at level 14 in my new game and already have more of them than I can use... But losing the resources for minigames was hard, so I think it would really be a good idea to use them up before restarting.

Speaking of restarting: I can only vehemently recommend it to everyone who is bored, or angry with the actual PD quests. I am enjoying myself hugely!!! I had quite forgotten how the cove looks in it's beginning stage, all these houses falling apart that you can rebuild. And jumping 4 levels with half an hour of playing is quite exhilarating, especially as in this time you get about 5 or 6 new achievements...

I realized once again that even with all the glitches it is a wonderfully beautiful game, I love it!


TiramaSue wrote:Thank you for your reply.

One more question: did you close the game down before you reconnected to the internet or did you leave your game open?

VeronikaG wrote: No, I didn't close the game down.

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 25, 15 7:44 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:The variable I would like to add to that method is put things up for auction and disconnect and then hit restart from New Game under the gear. There have been people that swear their auctions stayed too. Never saw how but do now.


VeronikaG wrote: I'm sorry, I completely forgot to report on this aspect. Yes, the auctions I had set up before restarting the game went on, I got the cash from them in the new game, and items not sold were returned to my new collections.


 

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TeriCharlene on Sep 25, 15 9:51 PM
Why are you guys restarting your game? Is there just nothing left to do or is there a problem with the game?

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 26, 15 5:31 AM
The reason people restart games is varied. First reason is that one might have done everything there is to do, or that there is a problem with the game (like losing the gloves and not being able to open Aunt Margaret's - or other lost items to open mini games), in this particular stance, it is because when they changed décor within the town during PD event Jillian's Hardware store in Breezy Bay became a vacant lot.

Since the game will go on a loop after Christmas event, I reckon there will be more and more restarts. Personally, I find the game much more entertaining right up to flying to kingdom come for bits to build the AES compound. No strategy needed at that point, only tenacity.


Edited on 03/01/2016 at 4:59:54 AM PST


 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 26, 15 6:05 AM
If I were restarting because I was bored and there were no more quests, I'd restart with nothing rather than stockpiling assets, so that the game would last longer.

Since I'm restarting to undo the damage Pirate Day did to my game, I want to get back to where I was as soon as possible. Therefore I want to take as much of my assets possible with me to the new game.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 26, 15 6:57 AM
I'm just not getting why people think it's important to put items up for auction before restarting.

It's been almost 2 years since I started the game, so I don't know which of my valuable items I'm going to need. Anything that I've got a super surplus of, everybody else does too. Therefore auctioning those things isn't going to bring me much money.

If I needed to beef up my coin supply before a restart, I'd use a keepsake and go pay any of the mini games over in the museum complex. They don't cost anything to play and pay out handsomely.

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 26, 15 7:29 AM
I think the auctioning part was used to try to retain part of collectibles when restarting when we did not realize the key to the whole thing was making sure you were disconnected from the internet (manually, purposefully, physically doing the disconnect yourself).

I was just interested because some folks had reported retaining their currently posted in auction items.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 7:30:49 AM PST


 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 26, 15 9:40 AM
I've just amended my first post to include this idea.

Or, use up your fuel flying to the 1 fuel countries. You will receive collectibles that AFTER THE RESTART can be assembled and you'll have stars available for the fix the plane quests and you'll start off the buildings quests with a supply of fuel.

 
mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 26, 15 10:39 PM
miss -Vnika and others have had this work. Does the method come with a guarantee? NO!

Around here expect the unexpected.

Cheers

 
OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 27, 15 4:34 AM
You asked on the 20th. You got the answer that was available on the 20th. http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/536272.page This all came up this week when people lost the hardware building from Breezy Bay.

9/22/15 Jillian's store disappeared http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/538871.page

9/23/15 Now I've lost the hardware store
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/539850.page

Looks like you missed most of the conversation between then and now. I am going to skip all of the obvious. People have not come back to confirm following these steps EXACTLY resulted in their retention of collectibles. Emptor cavete

As Mpendo said.... no guarantee.

Edited on 09/27/2015 at 4:42:21 AM PST


 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 27, 15 10:33 AM
missm0 wrote:Okay - this is exactly what I asked about a couple days ago - that if you weren't connected to the internet when you did the restart that you would keep most of your stuff but restart the game from scratch. I figured this because when you then got back on the internet after the restart your files in your computer would be used to update your game for collections. But the big 3 said no it wouldn't work...are you now saying that this WILL work?

Sign me confused and so ready to restart - and if I can keep my stuff by just restarting with the internet off I am ready to restart tomorrow!




I'm not sure what you mean by 'stuff'. Nobody has reported restarting and retaining anything that's listed under the inventory tab. So if you restart, kiss your food, mini game resources, building resource, plane fuel, stars, and keepsakes goodbye.

I don't know why you are contemplating a restart. If it's because it's impossible to finish the game due to glitches, such as Margaret's gloves, you either have to walk away or restart.

None of us are willing to guarantee that somebody will not lose everything. We have no idea if BF is tinkering with something behind the scene.

We think it will work. It's worked for others. But each person has to decide whether or not to take the risk that it may not.

 
govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 27, 15 2:59 PM
I think I will be restarting soon. Just because I love the beginning stages of a game like this. Haven't decided yet if I will restart this week or if I will wait until after the Christmas stuff again. Although I suppose it doesn't really matter.

 
Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 27, 15 3:10 PM
Alright then. I got a second confirmation via the game of another successful Vnika Restart... I jotted down the instructions as was given to me.

0. Synched (brought up auction to ensure was connected) one last time.
(may not be necessary)
1. Disconnected from internet by unplugging Ethernet cable.
2. Clicked on gear, settings, new game and yes.
3. Played one mini game.(probably not necessary).
4. Reconnected to internet. (all gone back to Day 1)
skipped intro.

Quest1. Counter
Q2. Ledger (coins and gold bars showed up)
Q3. Red Mine, NV (collections now available and back access to auction)
Q4. Doll Shop S.D.
Q5 . Red mine Nevada
Q6. Antique phone
Q7. pet Accessory
Q8. Added front step
No quest fixed post office
Q9. Sign your name.

only items carried over were Coins, Gold, Collection and Friends. All else gone.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 27, 15 3:26 PM
Friends will carry over but I think they don't count for the achievement, so you will either have to find 100 new friends, or ask current friends to sent a new friend request.

I plan to e-mail my active friends and give them my friend code so they can add me back in after I restart.

Still trying to use up mii game resources and fuel to get collectibles.

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 27, 15 7:16 PM
TiramaSue wrote:I'm just not getting why people think it's important to put items up for auction before restarting.

It's been almost 2 years since I started the game, so I don't know which of my valuable items I'm going to need. Anything that I've got a super surplus of, everybody else does too. Therefore auctioning those things isn't going to bring me much money.

If I needed to beef up my coin supply before a restart, I'd use a keepsake and go pay any of the mini games over in the museum complex. They don't cost anything to play and pay out handsomely.


I think it'd be interesting to put items up just to see if those theories work. Even if you tried just a few items.. would be curious if holds true. If not, no harm since you're not relying on them anyway.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 27, 15 7:52 PM
I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be out there.

Auctioned items stay out there when we shut the game off. How is that different than disconnecting from the internet? If we retain our collectibles, well, until the auction is over, those are also our collectibles.

Now if we restart while online, yeah, auctioned items will disappear, just like the rest of our collectibles, coins, and gold.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 27, 15 9:19 PM
Only need to use up 24 more units of fuel. And I've got 86 collections that I'll be able to cash in for stars and fuel after the restart. That will be a big help in getting the warehouse to level 3.

 
mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:How to prepare for a restart

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 27, 15 9:32 PM
Logical and true. Thx TSue.

 
 
 
 
Go to: