bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Be Richer comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 7, 09 1:27 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!

Happy gaming !

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Be Richer comments and reviews

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Sep 7, 09 5:02 AM
I enjoyed the hour trial and will probably consider buying when I have a credit available. Would give it 4 stars as, like its predessor I find the constant pop ups mid-level annoying particularly when I am working towards a goal and it comes up to tell me something I already know.

At least you can ignore the tutorial on this game. That really annoys me with a lot of games that you have to replay the tutorial to get into the game. ALL games should have an option to skip the tutorial.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 7, 09 5:34 AM
Be Rich and Wonderburg are my favourite Build a lot games so happy to see this game here today.

I have only played up to level 14. Not finding a whole lot of differences from first one so far though perhaps a bit more faster paced. Same sort of game play, I think the stock exchange is new and the graphics are certainly better. Larger buildings to dabble with and another new thing is there sometimes are larger game areas so you have to scroll around your screen.
Enjoying it and bought it.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Sep 7, 09 8:09 AM
Fantastic. Simply fantastic. If you enjoyed Be Rich, you will certainly enjoy Be Richer even more. While the core gameplay of Be Richer is quite similar to Be Rich, and it should be because it is a sequel, Be Richer has some new gameplay twists and improved production values. Highly recommended for those who enjoy Build a Lot or Wonderburg.

out of 5

Don

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Sep 7, 09 9:37 AM
I was fortunate enough to have been included in the review of this game a month or two ago and I liked it so much I have been waiting for it. When I played it for the review it was called be rich 2. I looked the original be rich up but did not buy it. I think this one is MUCH better.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Sep 7, 09 9:55 AM
I beta'd this and have to say I think it is improved from Be Rich, a game I also liked.

This one has people you can hire to further your company as well as the stock exchange. Normal game play otherwise that I remember. I did like the fact that they had actual lots for sale in this one too.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 7, 09 10:59 AM
I also beta tested this game and while I liked "Be Rich," I love this the second in the series. Having just finished the fourth level of BAL-4, expert campaign, I've been waiting for another TMG to give my fingers and brain a break . If you like the first in this series, you will also like this one. There is not much of a change, but you don't expect that with one in a series. Some of the changes. 1) You can start purchasing or bulldozing buildings right away 2) Building complex buildings like the zoo, is added early in the game 3) You will have to start applying strategies earlier in the game. For example, to build the zoo and beat the time, you will have to upgrade HGs and buy more construction workers.

The one think that they did not change after beta testing and something that you might want to remember -- If you bulldoze a building, remember to put the bulldozer back or you will demolish a building that you did not intend. This also applies to decorations. Once you decorate an area, remember to put the decoration back.

I give it 5- And my game credit to purchase.

[Post New]by Greyclouds on Sep 7, 09 1:12 PM
you can right click to remove the bulldozer tool or decorations Hope this helps.

engj030506
Flounder
Flounder
2,136 Posts

[Post New]by engj030506 on Sep 7, 09 3:14 PM
BF, I hate you and yet love you so. Why? Because I was starting to despair of getting a game over the past week or 2 that I would enjoy. THEN HOOOOOOORAAAAAAYYYYYYY - along comes this. I loved Be Rich but truly ADORE this one. Much love to BF fof this. As the other posters have said, it is very similar to the original but for me, there are enough changes and a much faster paced game play that I do not want to drag my **** away from. And therein lies my "oh I hate you BF". I have got to go to bed, sadly I have got to work all day tomorrow, then I have to get my 3 year old to bed and settled BEFORE I can get back to this. Hence the hate. In the nicest possible way. Anyhoo, not much of a review, a little biased here, but a HUGE thanks to BF for this game and to all the fishies who reviewed this. I always look in the forums before even downloading the 1 hour trial these days, though for this game, it was a no brainer for me regardless. Glad to see others who love this as much as I do.

I give this AND

Thanks for listening!

Edited on 09/07/2009 at 3:15:54 PM PST

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Sep 7, 09 7:47 PM
Ok, I'm sold. I shall now download my very first time management game.

kimberelf
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by kimberelf on Sep 7, 09 8:38 PM
snoopy13 wrote:Ok, I'm sold. I shall now download my very first time management game.

sincerest condolences on your new addiction...lol they ARE addicting once you've tried one....

betcha can't play just one...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 7, 09 11:32 PM
If your first game like this and you enjoy it then you try Wonderburg next.

[Post New]by Householdsix on Sep 11, 09 5:24 AM
I played Be Rich and thoroughly enjoyed it and was tickled pink when this one came out. As soon as I have a game credit available (if I don't buy some first) I am going to get this game. I played the 1 hour demo and got so completely hooked it ain't funny. Well, writing this post sapped the last of my will power. Am off to purchase some game credits so I can get this game.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 11, 09 12:43 PM
Householdersix, it's well worth the purchase of credits. I just finished the final level,(40) achieving ribbons at all levels.. Some, easier to achieve then others.

I can't wait for the thrid one. -- GL

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Sep 13, 09 8:04 PM
Having played the first one and enjoying it immensely, I knew I would enjoy this one too.

The levels aren't exceptionally hard, but enough to still test your skills.
The graphics, etc all worked, although I did find the night time levels slightly harder to see (but just brightened my screen) !

Definitely top marks all round!

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Sep 28, 09 12:21 PM
I loved this game! I played the 1 hour demo and had to buy a credit and finish the game. It had me hooked from the first level. The only down side was the pop ups to tell you when you were doing something wrong, most of the time it was for trying to do something too fast and I didn't feel the need for the message everytime but even that didn't spoil the game! Well worth the credit! i also enjoyed the sandbox(? if thats what it was called) levels when I needed a break from thinking to hard lol.
I'd suggest this game to anyone who enjoys time management!

[Post New]by kroozrk8y on Oct 5, 09 8:12 PM

This is probably just wishful thinking, but does the description for Be Richer!, 'unique updates,' mean there are actual updates (add-ons?) that you can buy? Like more types of commercial businesses, houses or decorations; or more levels to play; or other environments to build in; or ...? I'm really lovin' this game!!!! I've got Monopoly Tycoon, and have downloaded new skins, etc. Just wondering if there's more stuff for Be Richer! out there.

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Jun 4, 10 9:29 AM
This is probably my all time favorite game. I did contact the developers and they are hard at work with the next in the series. I will definitly be purchasing that one.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 11, 10 9:56 PM
Great game! Seems a lot more homey than the Build a Lot series. I like the pizzerias, the zoos, the shopping malls, etc. Also seems a little more user friendly. Quick and easy to learn gameplay. Was hooked right away on this one.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 26, 10 12:10 AM
The graphics are well done. The tutorial is simple to follow and easily leads one through the complexities fo the game. The game is quite long and fun.

This game is an A. Enjoy, I did!

Go to: