Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Castle forum

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 16, 16 10:16 AM
alisonmeier wrote:The current monthly challenge was definitely a challenge! It took me 162 hidden object scenes to get 3 rare stamps.

I just finished finding the 100 objects in HOS, now have to find 200 airship items. So that's about 6-10 hours of just going around to the different HOS to get these things. So monotonous! If you get airship items from friends, does that count?---
Ok, nevermind. Just tried it and it doesn't count those items sent to you.

Will keep in mind the tip about feeding pets to get the medallions! Thanks for that!

Edited on 07/16/2016 at 12:43:45 PM PST

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Jul 16, 16 11:00 AM
linpat wrote:Does anyone know which pets are best for getting iron chests?

You can get iron chests off all your pets - it's just getting the timing right - trial and error!

linpat
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by linpat on Jul 16, 16 11:59 AM
Thanks Crystalwitch 1955. I was afraid of that.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Jul 16, 16 12:21 PM
The iron chest challenge is what has stopped me from being able to continue towards the final goal. I had saved up lots of food, so thought I would have no problem. At first I used pets which had consistently refused to give me gold chests, and I was careful to avoid their "tells". Unfortunately, the contrary beasts gave me a few wooden chests, but mostly silver and several gold. After exhausting all my food, I still had not a single iron chest!

Next I tried crafting food. I used all my pet medallions and then used all my diamonds buying extra medallions. This helped a lot with the achievements for crafting food, getting medallions, etc., and even the pirate avatar for gold chests, but I managed to get only one iron chest (along with lots of silver chests and several gold ones).

So, now I have no diamonds, no medallions, no pet food, and only one iron chest. I give up!

[Post New]by creeksideator on Jul 16, 16 2:21 PM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
alisonmeier wrote:The current monthly challenge was definitely a challenge! It took me 162 hidden object scenes to get 3 rare stamps.

Why didn't you ask your friends for them? Currently I'm not able to play for any length of time. And it was wonderful to get help that way. I just went in my wish list and put it as only thing I wanted and when I went back they were there and made sure to gift them all with what I was able to. I also then changed it back to my four item wish list.

Also feeding your pet. It me took two time. Just got lucky.

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Jul 16, 16 6:23 PM

c0c0_nuts do you have information on this. It seems like a while back you or someone else wrote this one up but I haven't been able to find it. I know there is a progression.

Edited on 07/16/2016 at 6:25:43 PM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jul 16, 16 6:43 PM
Rebecca_47 wrote:

c0c0_nuts do you have information on this. It seems like a while back you or someone else wrote this one up but I haven't been able to find it. I know there is a progression.

I do not have any information concerning the chests from the pets.

These threads may be of some interest:

iron chest challenge
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/800061.page

getting the iron chests strategy
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/799975.page

Edited on 07/16/2016 at 6:49:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Winning_Ticket on Jul 16, 16 9:42 PM
KATY888 wrote:Hi lam at level 71 too have been there for 4 months anyone know when the next update will be to move forward........

No one ever knows when the next update will come out, not even the moderators. We all just have to wait and then a message will come out and we can update then. We just wait, then, boom, there it is!

Most of us at level 71 have been waiting for a lot of months for a new update. These latest quests, like the monthly, etc are just keeping us busy til the next update (which I find interesting) It's a lot better than doing nothing, lol.

Myself, I kinda like the new quests. It keeps the game interesting while we wait for a new update. I like the idea of a new quest each month, etc. I think the developers are doing a great job of keeping us busy until the next update comes out

[Post New]by crystalwitch1955 on Jul 16, 16 11:47 PM
I didn't have too much trouble getting past the iron chest quest. As far as I can tell, they go in sequence; wooden, iron, silver, gold. If you know the 'tell' for gold, then watch a sequence go round and try to aim for half way through that. It's not foolproof, but mostly worked for me.

Edited on 07/17/2016 at 3:57:02 AM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 17, 16 5:06 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:

Why didn't you ask your friends for them? Currently I'm not able to play for any length of time. And it was wonderful to get help that way. I just went in my wish list and put it as only thing I wanted and when I went back they were there and made sure to gift them all with what I was able to. I also then changed it back to my four item wish list.

I wonder why it worked for getting stamps but when I requested airship items and got them, it didn't count on my total???? Any ideas?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jul 17, 16 5:28 AM
gameslvr wrote:
I wonder why it worked for getting stamps but when I requested airship items and got them, it didn't count on my total???? Any ideas?

The developers programmed it so that only airship items from hidden object scenes counted.

LilLily7
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Pet Medallions

[Post New]by LilLily7 on Jul 17, 16 7:43 AM
Anyone know how to accomplish 30 pet medallions in 24 hours? It looks impossible to me!

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Pet Medallions

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 17, 16 10:57 AM
LilLily7 wrote:Anyone know how to accomplish 30 pet medallions in 24 hours? It looks impossible to me!

Difficult but not impossible. You can get them by doing daily quests, feeding your pets and buying them to craft pets (without crafting them naturally).

LilLily7
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Pe Medallions

[Post New]by LilLily7 on Jul 17, 16 11:45 AM
Thanks for your help Jackie. Call me silly but I can't find where you can buy pet medallions.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

Re:Pe Medallions

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 17, 16 11:56 AM
LilLily7 wrote:Thanks for your help Jackie. Call me silly but I can't find where you can buy pet medallions.

In the lab, under the paw tab where you can craft pets. What I did myself is look for a pet I did not yet craft and bought the missing medallions. Hope this helps!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 17, 16 5:49 PM
c0c0_nuts wrote:
gameslvr wrote:

The developers programmed it so that only airship items from hidden object scenes counted.

Thanks Coco nuts. I kind of figured that it was the way the developers programmed it but I was wondering more if there was any particular reason---which we probably can't know!

Rebecca_47
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by Rebecca_47 on Jul 17, 16 7:52 PM
crystalwitch1955 wrote:I didn't have too much trouble getting past the iron chest quest. As far as I can tell, they go in sequence; wooden, iron, silver, gold. If you know the 'tell' for gold, then watch a sequence go round and try to aim for half way through that. It's not foolproof, but mostly worked for me.

Yes most of the time, but I had one pet jump wood and go straight to gold and another skip iron go straight to silver and so far four silvers in a row , I kept trying hoping it would pass back to iron or go onto gold, so I could try going back to iron.

Does anyone truly know if having a specific avatar or being in the right room with it really makes a difference or is it just a coincidence?

c0c0_nut went to pages was actually disappointed no real help. Like maybe a chart of which pets use which foods and how much and recharge times. And if the order remains consistent and if there are variations. I know I had one jump from wood too silver and then had four silvers. Ran out of pet medallions -usually need five per pet food and that cost 5 diamonds. Then of course it costs to wake a pet up early. Money, money, monies.

Edited on 07/18/2016 at 9:41:30 PM PST

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by drivertoolkit on Jul 18, 16 5:14 AM

Edited on 07/19/2016 at 6:44:35 AM PST

[Removed by moderator]

[Post New]by barnesvryant on Jul 18, 16 5:35 AM

Edited on 07/18/2016 at 10:20:19 AM PST

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Jul 18, 16 7:13 AM
Rebecca_47 wrote:
c0c0_nut went to pages was actually disappointed no real help. Like maybe a chart of which pets use which foods and how much and recharge times. And if the order remains consistent and if there are variations.

The below thread provides a list of the pets, food, and sleep time.

All Pets / Tells / Favorite Locations (Seasonal/Regular/Achievement/Exclusive(Level 69)Pets)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page

Edited on 07/18/2016 at 7:15:16 AM PST

Go to: