Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 26, 15 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 7:03:24 AM PST

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bestmommat on Sep 26, 15 2:30 AM
OH OH!!

Access error in first 3 minutes! Booted me right out of the game!

Windows XP

niamhe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by niamhe on Sep 26, 15 2:53 AM
me too with the access error, this happens too often, does no one test these games.

Windows xp

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Sep 26, 15 4:19 AM
The last scene, before the end of the demo, with multiple people speaking, had no sound.

In addition, the "star" collectible indicator is not reliable. On three separate occasions, it still shows up on the map even after the collectible has been found.

All this, and I've only played the demo.

At last, a GOOD game...but a no buy with these issues...and who knows how many more...

PC, Windows 7, 64 bit

edit: Went back to replay the demo and the game froze when I reached the main hall, right before we enter the kitchen. Had to use the "3-finger salute" to exit.

Uninstalled. Installed. Same problems.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 5:09:37 AM PST

chateaul
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by chateaul on Sep 26, 15 4:48 AM
i too have had nothing but problems with this game,it freezes up and i can play it i have uninistalled it three times now and rebooted my puter and it still will not work so i won't try it again

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 26, 15 5:30 AM
Yup - access violation about halfway into the demo, second time into the basement, clicked on the sink and bam. Booted out of game. Honestly it seems like the games have become MUCH more unreliable since the release of Win 10 - I'm on Win 7 - I wonder if they've just stopped testing on anything but Win 10. Very very frustrating.

pkbeehler
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pkbeehler on Sep 26, 15 5:38 AM
I was booted out as I reached for the key in the car. And I have Windows 10. Will try to reload game.

[Post New]by lizarino on Sep 26, 15 6:50 AM
I had the same problem with the stars then I realized that I was supposed to be taking pictures of certain items in those rooms. The camera flashes blue when you need to take a picture. Hope this helps!

9otters wrote:The last scene, before the end of the demo, with multiple people speaking, had no sound.

In addition, the "star" collectible indicator is not reliable. On three separate occasions, it still shows up on the map even after the collectible has been found.

All this, and I've only played the demo.

At last, a GOOD game...but a no buy with these issues...and who knows how many more...

PC, Windows 7, 64 bit

edit: Went back to replay the demo and the game froze when I reached the main hall, right before we enter the kitchen. Had to use the "3-finger salute" to exit.

Uninstalled. Installed. Same problems.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 6:52:31 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 26, 15 7:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Dark Canvas: A Murder Exposed Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

Often, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums and some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. We're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 26, 15 7:46 AM
As a collection for you, - here is what I found in the game's demo:

1) quoting from another thread-post here, as I can't say it any better:
>> in the kitchen in the hop I got all the items except the knife so I used the hint button - it pointed to the upper left corner, you cannot reach the item, you cannot even see it. <<

I tested a different display option, and all 3 in-game options of window, regular, widescreen - but it didn't help. The item for the knife-block is out of reach / out of sight and cannot be taken on my computer; thus, I can't finish this HO scene.

2) I agree with 9otters above that the "star" collectible indicator is not reliable. It kept showing the "Collectibles star" on the map for 2 or three rooms, even though the collectible had been found.
(This is independent of taking photographs IMO. Those have indeed their own hint: the glowing on the camera, and their 'triggers' don't show on the map. Besides, I had taken the photos also, even put them in the pictures in "The Attic" already.)

desktop PC, Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, & NVIDIA graphics card GeForce GTX 670 w/ updated drivers

I suggest you just forward the findings in this thread to the Developer, as I for one am not going to bother any further with this game, nor to write to CS.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 7:48:27 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 26, 15 8:32 AM
Can't even get it to download to my computer at all. I purchased it...before reading reviews and tech issues. I like the other 2 in this Series. Here I go again having to write CS to help me get this game to work. But with the history of the New Owners...they will just give me a free game coupon in place of my money back or fixing this game.

I don't buy games to get free coupons or not be able to play the game. I want to buy and play the games you offer. Will it ever get better? I know so many have left . Will it ever get better? I'm not even expecting this new site to be like the Great Ole . I just want great games that work. Is that to much to ask for?

UP DATE: I have had so many troubles with games as of late...that this post reflects my frustrations. But, I have learned something new...to resolving game issues. In my case with this one game...at least. I have uninstalled games before to get them to work...but sometimes it just doesn't work.

I have cleaned my computer from useless junk...to no avail...I have up dated all my drivers to no avail. I don't enjoy contacting CS. So, I kept working at trying to get my issue with this game to work. And I did. I uninstalled the "Game Manager" and re-installed it again. And now my game works so far. As for more tech issues further into the game...I will have to try to resolve them...if and when I get there.

I ran my own Dr. Felix Report...and I'm getting so good at resolving game issues...I read it...and found my issue with this game. As for further tech issues...I will face them if & when (fingers crossed) they won't...and resolve them. I hope this one issue helps some else. Lisa

Windows Vista(because all of my games work, I'm not willing to up grade to 7,8 or 10) 64 bit.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 9:22:50 AM PST

violetsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by violetsue on Sep 26, 15 10:53 AM
I have had the issues with the cleaver & stars and now there does not seem to be any way to make the darts go where they are supposed to, IF I get 2 the 3rd will not mark, and without a reset it is a pain getting in & out. Also, sometimes the camera blinks but will not let me pick it up.
Four problems and counting....hmm.....

[Post New]by ohsoclueless on Sep 26, 15 11:59 AM
on about page 26 of the guide it shows a HOG where a wood button is the prize, needed immediately for the chest in the maid's room. However, when I go to the location of the HOG, there are no sparkles to indicate a game, nor does is there a game at all. can't progress further without it and am actually not sure which thread to post. Never done this before.

[Post New]by nicolaw on Sep 26, 15 1:02 PM
Trying to input 1954 on the dartboard but it wont read the numbers. Also when you get to the maids room the lock part for the trunk wont pick up.

HOP object off screen / out of reach

[Post New]by amh2424 on Sep 26, 15 1:22 PM
I have so far really enjoyed this game, however I am now stuck. I am almost finished and can not complete a HOP because an item is not showing on screen. I am up to the HOP in the foyer that will give me the silver f for the cigarette case and have found all items except 1 flower which the hint shows to be in the upper left hand corner. There is nothing showing there and clicking there results in nothing. I can not go any further in this game. This is not a life tragedy, but it is a bummer none the less.

If anyone knows of a fix please let me know, I too hate to bother CS. I am running on a PC with windows 8, 64 bit.

Just a note: I have been a Big Fish member for many years and this is only the second game that I have been unable to finish due to glitches. I think BF does a fantastic job and and thankful that they provide the services that they do provide.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 26, 15 3:24 PM
I also had an access violation twice. The first time it happened, I was not only kicked out, but the game itself was automatically uninstalled. I decided to try reinstalling the game manager and try reinstalling the game. I was able to play up to the point of the kitchen pantry HOP, but when I used the hint (I was testing it based on the cleaver issue), I got another access violation and was kicked out again. This time I was able to get back into the game, and replay the HOP without any problems. I just didn't use the hint (obviously).
I was able to finish the demo without any problems, except for no sound on the voices after the discovery of the body, as others have posted.

As far as the meat cleaver issue in the pantry HOP, (I sent PMs to two of the posts) the hint must not be working properly because the cleaver (at least for me) was not on the upper left of the screen, it was more on the right, stuck on the outside of the shelves.

Call me crazy, but I'm taking a chance and purchased the game, and I am waiting for it to download. I will post an update if I have any further problems, and I will pay close attention to the particular problems stated in the other posts.

[Post New]by woodawooda on Sep 26, 15 4:16 PM
I too have had multiple problems throughout the game. I love this game and was patient enough to work through some of the problems I came across but the dart board stopped me in my tracks. I cannot get it to work no matter what I do. I try to put the darts in the right place and they freeze up and that is it.
I also had the problem with the trunk lock in the maids room as another person posted but finally got it to work.
I agree that many of the games coming out are buggy something I never had before. I have a new pc with windows eight. have not updated to 10 yet. hope this gets fixed so I can finish the game. so disappointed.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 26, 15 5:43 PM
Once again when I click the no hints or skips for mini games and HOS, I expect it to stay that way during the entire game unless I change it. I do not expect my hint button to light up and keep flashing at me if I need to use it. Nor do I expect that when I finish a HOS or mini game that the hint button stay lit and then I have to return to the options menu, go into difficulty and click on the custom selection to have it go back to the proper settings. I continuously ask this question as to why developers feel the need to keep reactivating the hint/skip button when they are giving you the option to have it turned off. You have already given me the option to change my settings mid-play if I find the need to do so. So why do you feel the need to reactivate this option when I have already selected not to use it?

Also, as I have stated in a separate post, during the mini games when that horrendous noise kicks in the game comes to a snails pace and the cursor is very hard to control. This happened in a previous game that this same noise was used during mini games and I cannot believe they thought it was a good idea to continue with it. Annoying!

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Sep 26, 15 6:33 PM
The only glitch I had during the game was sometimes when a character was supposed to be talking, there was no sound. But there was still the dialogue printed below, so I'll still buy the game.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

HOP object off screen / out of reach

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Sep 26, 15 7:49 PM
amh2424 wrote:I have so far really enjoyed this game, however I am now stuck. I am almost finished and can not complete a HOP because an item is not showing on screen. I am up to the HOP in the foyer that will give me the silver f for the cigarette case and have found all items except 1 flower which the hint shows to be in the upper left hand corner. There is nothing showing there and clicking there results in nothing. I can not go any further in this game. This is not a life tragedy, but it is a bummer none the less.

If anyone knows of a fix please let me know, I too hate to bother CS. I am running on a PC with windows 8, 64 bit.

Just a note: I have been a Big Fish member for many years and this is only the second game that I have been unable to finish due to glitches. I think BF does a fantastic job and and thankful that they provide the services that they do provide.

I have the exact same problem. Its extra frustrating when you are further along in the game too!

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 7:50:40 PM PST

Go to: