bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Killer Lightbulb!

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 26, 15 4:04 AM
That giant, bright Lightbulb on the bottom left is a killer. If you find a way to turn it off please let me know. The game looks good, nice art, interesting story. Unfortunately I had to uninstall shortly after entering the house. I wear glasses and the glare of that bulb was just too much for me. It might have been bearable if the bulb had been much smaller. I might try it again one day if I find a black sticky note that I can put on my screen while playing.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 2:26:43 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Killer Lightbulb!

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 26, 15 8:42 AM
I agree, whoever had this "bright idea" needs to go back to the drawing board. Thanks for the warning, I've gotten out my sticky note to cover it up so I can go on with the game. The camera is also an irritant but seems integral to the game so I'll tolerate it.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 26, 15 3:29 PM
Hi bribling and Penny1942. I generally use the custom mode for playing games and disable the hints and skips. It seems with the hint system disabled that the light bulb does not glow. If you switch modes, and disable your hints and find that you need to use a hint you can always go back in via the options and re-enable the hint button to use during that time and switch back again. I know this isn't a complete fix but this will enable you to finish playing the game with a few adjustments and not having the bulb glaring at you the entire time.
Good luck. I hope you enjoy the game. Have a Great Weekend!

ETA: Since the developers found it necessary to disregard your custom choice to not want hints and skips whenever you entered a HOS or mini game the light bulb relit. This caused me to either reenter the options menu and reselect the custom mode and when I finally got fed up, I just clicked on the hardest mode which actually kept the light bulb from glaring.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 10:53:11 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Sep 26, 15 3:48 PM
Having just finished the demo, I have to agree -- that's one killer lightbulb!

The idea of the sticky note over that area is one I've used in the past -- and will have to use again with this gigantic hint lightbulb. Since I enjoyed the demo, won't let the too-big bulb keep me from getting the game another members' half-price ($6.99) sale comes along.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 27, 15 11:33 AM
I considered playing on the Hardest setting but, I usually need some Hints and it is too annoying to have to reset the game settings every time I want to use a Hint. So, I just uninstalled and probably won't buy it unless the right sale comes along. It's a shame really because it seems like a good game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 28, 15 10:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that we've gone ahead and passed along the feedback presented in this thread regarding the light bulb. We can definitely see how frustrating this can be and appreciate the work around that Poof11 provided. Once we hear of any update regarding the light bulb, we will definitely post in the forums.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions or concerns.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: