shauna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Time Machine Problem?

[Post New]by shauna on Sep 26, 15 12:12 PM
I found two of the three rings, and then went to do other stuff. When I came back to the game and opened up the Time Machine building, the Time Machine was opened up, but I hadn't found the third ring or pushed the button yet.

I found the third ring and when I go to 'push the button', I find the machine already opened up, again, and I can't seem to get it to go any further. The 'push the button' quest portion is still there but won't give me credit for the machine being open.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I finally figured it out. Still looking for two discs for the star maps and three pawns for the silver chess set, however.

PLUS, the pocket watch collectible - anyone have a list of where the pieces can be found?

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 2:12:10 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Time Machine Problem?

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 26, 15 4:23 PM
You will find what you want @

Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/60/344199.page

There is quite a bit in there about the Time Machine. Also there are the links to other threads

Short answer. Gold edge under the velvet rope.

Edited on 09/26/2015 at 4:23:54 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 27, 15 6:45 AM
shauna - what did you do. I have the 3 rings but when I enter the building I get an eerie bright white screen, when I click it shows me the machine, I have clicked everywhere on the machine.

Where is the dang button??

Cheers

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 27, 15 8:18 AM
There are two outcomes reported on this one.... as provided in above thread.

One- a person enters the Time Machine before all pieces are attained - they find it open but have to find an alternate route. Gold line under the velvet rope.

Two- Player waits to enter until the quests are all completed save for the last.

I know One is true and have not gotten to the place to test Two myself yet.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 27, 15 8:30 AM
Thx Oddly. I did read the threads but I don't have a velvet rope nor a gold line - just a empty bright white space. I may be doomed.

But my hardware store was pillaged and razed by that dastardly Pirate so I'll probably have to restart anyway after 2 years.

Not amused but searching for my happy face.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 27, 15 9:19 AM
OhDoggoneit! Some else posted about the bright white nothingness of the time machine that occurred during this event. I will go see if I can find it. For this reason I have not been stepping foot in there.

The good news is we will have another reliable reporter to see if the disconnecting from the internet before hitting new game and the outcome. <hopeful look>

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 27, 15 9:33 AM
Well, it hasn't to do with this quest fest - first post about the white abyss is:

Re ost any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Feb 3, 15 1:04 PM

Time Machine Issue - When I go in the Time Machine I have a white screen with only the top and side ribbons showing. If I click around it opens to the innards of the machine. Before I collected the rings it looked quite bare. After I collected the rings it is a full machine. I can't do anything to activate it. I've tried clicking around in the dark, but it doesn't help. Anyone else having this glitch or is it me? Everything else seems to working fine.

I really wish one of the mods would answer the questions posted here. I try not to post technical issues in the other threads, but sometimes it is the only way to get help.

White screen:
Time Machine Glitch
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357839.page

AES Time Machine HELP
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357774.page

AES Time Machine
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/364730.page

There are no mini games there after you get it open, I would not think it was a game stopper all unto itself. Now someone that wants a completed game - that is a different story.

Edited on 09/27/2015 at 4:07:23 PM PST

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 27, 15 11:25 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:
There are no mini games there after you get it open, I would not think it was a game stopper all unto itself. Now someone that wants a completed game - that is a different story.

Well Oddly... I fear, nobody will have a "completed" game anyway.... what a pity.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 27, 15 3:21 PM
MPendo I also had the "white Screen" could never finish that specific quest due to it. I was trying to see if in this merged game I would have the same problem but I guess i'll never know now. Anyway I did go through the techies here and they could not find any problem in my pc. They "claim" they reported the problem to the developers. So just know you are not alone, quite a few people had that same issue as I was PM'd quite a bit about it. Bottom line NO FIX!...

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 27, 15 6:37 PM
Thanks faithful friends. I kinda knew I was sh*it out of luck with that. Combined with my MIA building find me under Level 1. But I'm taking a few days first to get over my disappointment with the BS of Pirate Days.

I'm sure Yogi Berra would have something to say about similar snafoos. God bless.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 27, 15 6:49 PM
MP, a restart is a lot of fun. makes us remember why we fell in love with the game in the first place. You know what to do and what to avoid. Look to your collections and start filling up any holes you might have for when you go back.

Go to: