bfgFlounder
Moderator
Moderator
12,864 Posts

Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 8, 09 1:03 AM
Our reviewers haven’t had a chance to get you a review of this game yet. We do value your reviews though, as do many of the other fish in our pond, so feel free to post your own and our Big Fish reviewers will be back to throw in their two cents as soon as possible!
Happy gaming !

 
slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by slm1948 on Sep 8, 09 6:50 AM
No reviews yet confirms that I'm not alone in not wanting to even do the free trial for this game. I understand that we've had so many good HOGS that we've become hard to please. Perhaps throw in some GOOD Mah Jong, card games or word games?

 
govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 8, 09 7:02 AM
Hmm ok - the graphics of this game are wonderful- cannot fault them, lovely scenes, the shops (only saw two in demo) first one and beach are lovely places to play.

The gameplay, first off - the voice is not appealing to me. When the game started, felt it was a game for 8 year old girls. The gameplay itself is standard fashion shop, plonk a customer in a cubicle, get off the rack what they want, then cash them out, clean cubicle, start again with new customers. In between levels there are very easy spot the difference type games and buying usual upgrades.

Spelling and grammar very poor so if you fussy about that do not bother here.

The game is ok, not one I rush out and buy but if nothing better to do one day might consider it. I would rather replay Fashion Dash that has some fun with the customer matching and personalities.

I will give the game many points for graphics but game play unoriginal and ordinary.


Edited on 09/08/2009 at 7:10:11 AM PST


 
toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by toast on Sep 8, 09 8:08 AM
Unlike govegril I found the graphics to be bland and uninspired. The gameplay is predictable and unoriginal. No bonuses for chaining that I could see and no way to renew hearts when a customer loses them. Definately one I will pass on buying. I give it one .

 
laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by laeddie on Sep 8, 09 8:15 AM
sim1948: Why does a HOG like you even look at OUR TM games? Your comment was unjustified! Although I prefer TM games I do enjoy some HOg, govegril: Thanks for your excellent review! I have seen your input on other forums and value your opinions. I will play trial but "probably" not buy this game based on what I know so far.

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by kim1001 on Sep 8, 09 1:35 PM
I agree with you other guys that this game is very predictable. I love TM games but this one was very boring. You knew exactly what they would want because all the customers that looked alike wanted the exact same thing. The graphics were just okay to me and the game ran well but it just wasn't any fun.

 
slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by slm1948 on Sep 8, 09 1:51 PM
Laeddie, as a member of BFG's, I am entitled to look at and comment upon any game offered. I do know that there are people here who like TM games and I respect that. However, I have noticed that usually when a game comes out, reviews start popping up immediately. The fact that it didn't happen with this game led me to believe others shared my opinion in not being interested. Other games with a fashion theme have seemed very corny to me and, from the comments, it appears this is the same.

I would appreciate if, in the future, you refrain from name calling. It reflects badly on you more than the person receiving the dig.

 
govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 8, 09 2:49 PM
kim1001 wrote:I agree with you other guys that this game is very predictable. I love TM games but this one was very boring. You knew exactly what they would want because all the customers that looked alike wanted the exact same thing. The graphics were just okay to me and the game ran well but it just wasn't any fun.


kim you hit the nail on the head there I think - keyword FUN - it just was not to be found. You just go through the motions as you have done in other games. Maybe new people to the genre and fashion TM games might like it.

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by teela1342 on Sep 8, 09 6:19 PM
I really like TM games and will play almost any of them. Only made it halfway through this demo before I started to drool. It was extremely boring. The graphics are generic and the gameplay is rote. All the "customers" (there were only 2 kinds by the time I stopped playing) want all the same things in the same order at the same time. Too easy to anticipate and stack tasks. No challenge. I started level 2 hoping it got better, but the gameplay is exactly the same as level 1 just in a new location.

Take it from a TM fan, this is a worthless product. Not even good for a mindless distraction. This isn't really game, just a space-filler on the calendar so BF can claim "new game every day".

Edited on 09/08/2009 at 6:19:48 PM PST


 
laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by laeddie on Sep 8, 09 7:36 PM
sim1948: I am sorry you misunderstood my use of term HOG. I was not calling you a name I was merely using term you had used to identify Hidden Object Game(HOG) people. Again I apologize if I hurt your feelings; it was not my intent and by the way I agree with you that we ALL are intitled to make our comments on these forums! I just thought there was no need for your attitude/comments.

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by haileesmother on Sep 8, 09 9:19 PM
i played the trial and gave it


i bought the game and now i give it


the halloween store takes more than and hour to get to and the 1st level is actually impossible to pass. im not exaggerating it is literally imPASSable

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by haileesmother on Sep 9, 09 12:44 AM
teela1342 wrote:I really like TM games and will play almost any of them. Only made it halfway through this demo before I started to drool. It was extremely boring. The graphics are generic and the gameplay is rote. All the "customers" (there were only 2 kinds by the time I stopped playing) want all the same things in the same order at the same time. Too easy to anticipate and stack tasks. No challenge. I started level 2 hoping it got better, but the gameplay is exactly the same as level 1 just in a new location.

Take it from a TM fan, this is a worthless product. Not even good for a mindless distraction. This isn't really game, just a space-filler on the calendar so BF can claim "new game every day".





i beg to differ, lol the reason i like TM games is the repetition and doing the same action over....as for the customers (who R in fact borish and ugly ) it seems u have to anticipate what they r ordering next just so u can advance. in this game it seems u have to be a step ahead and be waiting to give them their item as soon as they ask for it. all is well except the glitch on the 1st lvl of the Halloween store...(the goal cant be reached)...hopefully BF will fix this

 
rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by rncurtin on Sep 9, 09 6:42 AM
I found the game boring and typical in the beginning also but when I am considering a game for purchase (TM freak) I skip almost every story and tutorial so I do get further with the one hour trial. The game does pick up to pay attention speed and I had to actually work to stay expert. The graphics are okay. I think the people all look like Ken dolls but the music and surroundings are pleasant. I will probably purchase this game.

 
tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by tijhea on Sep 9, 09 3:17 PM
I did not find the game that bad.. But I did find It rather quite easy.. I purchased the game.. I'm having no problems reaching my goals or even expert goals for that matter.. The concept Is easy.. Once you know your customer base, you pick up real easy on who Is going to order what and when.

For the comment on no way to restore hearts.

There are two ways to restore hearts.. One Is delivering to them real quick, that brings their hearts up, and the other Is buying the coffee machine and serving them coffe, when you do that they recieve full hearts.

The graphics In this game are excellent, But lacks Fun... and the fact that their Is no chaining bonus, really leaves the game kinda dead.

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Sep 9, 09 5:29 PM
I agree with what others have said above - overall this game is quite bland. The gameplay is sloooow - there were many times where the character was just standing around in the shop, waiting for customers to come into the store. I didn't mind the music in the second store, but I found the music for level 1 very irritating. I also found the voiceover grating, and the graphics certainly didn't do anything for me.

I love a challenge when playing TM games, and this one simply doesn't provide that.

 
christina1533
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by christina1533 on Sep 10, 09 2:47 PM
tijhea wrote:I did not find the game that bad.. But I did find It rather quite easy.. I purchased the game.. I'm having no problems reaching my goals or even expert goals for that matter.. The concept Is easy.. Once you know your customer base, you pick up real easy on who Is going to order what and when.

For the comment on no way to restore hearts.

There are two ways to restore hearts.. One Is delivering to them real quick, that brings their hearts up, and the other Is buying the coffee machine and serving them coffe, when you do that they recieve full hearts.

The graphics In this game are excellent, But lacks Fun... and the fact that their Is no chaining bonus, really leaves the game kinda dead.


If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how you beat the 1st Halloween level? I've tried multiple times, and it just seems impossible. I'm not alone in thinking that, either, as most things I've read about that Halloween level have referred to it being a glitch in the game of some kind.

Anyway, any advice on how to pull through that level would be appreciated!

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by haileesmother on Sep 11, 09 12:45 AM
christina1533 wrote:
tijhea wrote:I did not find the game that bad.. But I did find It rather quite easy.. I purchased the game.. I'm having no problems reaching my goals or even expert goals for that matter.. The concept Is easy.. Once you know your customer base, you pick up real easy on who Is going to order what and when.

For the comment on no way to restore hearts.

There are two ways to restore hearts.. One Is delivering to them real quick, that brings their hearts up, and the other Is buying the coffee machine and serving them coffe, when you do that they recieve full hearts.

The graphics In this game are excellent, But lacks Fun... and the fact that their Is no chaining bonus, really leaves the game kinda dead.


If you wouldn't mind, could you explain how you beat the 1st Halloween level? I've tried multiple times, and it just seems impossible. I'm not alone in thinking that, either, as most things I've read about that Halloween level have referred to it being a glitch in the game of some kind.

Anyway, any advice on how to pull through that level would be appreciated!


ya...id like to know how u got expert on levels 32, 33 and 34 too....i swear it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by paperdoll49103 on Sep 11, 09 5:56 AM
This is possibly the most boring game I've played this year. Slow pace and monotonous repetition of customers, without much if any variance in the game play . I made it to the beach and had to stop. I couldn't finish the 60 min trial...it is that bad. My recommendation: if your looking for an exciting time management game....run far away from this one.

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by Farmhouse on Sep 17, 09 5:15 PM
I complained about the game not playable on the Halloween levels. They have put a new build on site so delete the old one and download the new one.

 

Re:Fashion Fortune comments and reviews

[Post New]by PrincessCoalby on Oct 15, 09 3:44 PM
I am a TM fan, but I don't think I'm being picky when I say this game was REALLY boring. I'm not quite sure why I even finished the demo--I guess I hoped it would improve. It was SO predictable--quite possibly the most predictable game I have ever played! It never got hard and you always knew what each customer wanted. At least if they changed that up it would have improved the overall game slightly.

The graphics, I thought, were amazing--crystal clear and very lifelike. The wood floors looked real. I think the graphics were the main reason i kept going. I liked that you could improve the shop, but that is about all I liked. There are definitely a lot of better TM games to spend my credits on. I generally don't like the fashion ones, but I did enjoy Vogue Tales. Didn't take long to complete, but was real cute and fun.

 
 
 
 
Go to: