Cheat?!?!

[Post New]by cooksta on Sep 8, 09 7:27 AM
I was looking up info for this game, and I came across this*;

Always Win:
-----------

While playing the game, when the dealer is dealing the cards, type in the
word "POKERTEN" it doesn't have to be capitalized. The code might not work
the first time, just keep typing it in. You know you got it when you have
a K and an A of clubs...just keep betting.

Anyways, I was mid way through a match and decided to try it and see if it worked. I was dealt an Ace and King of Spades, and sure enough, the Queen, Jack and 10 of Spade flops. Turn was a six of Spades and the River was the 10 of Diamonds.

I tested the waters by betting small, and all three CPU players called. Turn comes, I bet a fairly large amount and again, every CPU player calls. I go all in, everyone calls and I manage to break the bank on three CPU players simultaneously.

Anyways, I've tried again and again to do the same thing, with no success. Which leads me to believe that I was just extraordinarily lucky, and just had the best hand of the draw, my opponents having relatively high ranked hands (Flush, Full House and Straight).

After searching around for a while, I can't seem to find any more information on this topic, apart from general poker strategies or variations of the same blurb above. So can anyone verify this cheat actually working?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 4:23:06 PM PST

drains
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Cheat?!?!

[Post New]by drains on Oct 20, 09 5:14 AM
i have used this and again and again i will get the royal, but the cpu players all fold

[Post New]by Lov2xlr8r on Dec 23, 09 8:27 AM
hi i have tried this code alot now and cant get it to work! when u type in pokerten it pause the game, or do u press p and then type in pokerten and punch ok or what??

please tell me exactly what to do to make this cheat work!

Need to xlr8 ^^

Regards Lov2xlr8r

Edited on 12/23/2009 at 8:29:44 AM PST

[Post New]by GlacialPrincess on Feb 10, 10 11:06 PM
You have to get the timing just right when typing pokerten in. You need to start typing just as soon as the dealer starts to deal the cards. I have used this and it works a majority of the time but certainly not each and every time. Sometimes I will get a pair or and A and 10 but other times I get nothing. Also, sometimes when you are dealt the A and K the flop/turn/river don't come up with the J, 10, K to make the royal. On my game if it works I will get the A and K of clubs and the flop will be a 9 of diamonds, J of clubs, and 4 (I believe it's spades, not positive though). The turn will be the 10 of clubs and the river will be the Q. I also find that if you bet small at least one of the players will call and often times one of the players will raise because they will have two pair (Jacks and Queens). Hope this all helps. It makes the game a little more enjoyable to play when you can actually get through all the towns.

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 4:24:54 PM PST

[Post New]by santosoh on Apr 14, 10 12:01 PM
It worked actually. I tried to type several times before the dealer starts to deal in order to prevent the missing moment. And I won by royal. It was fun at the beginning to collect others money and becoming the big stack bully all the time, until I found out that the cards on deck won't change from 9D, JC, 4S, 10C and QC, even I didn't type the "pokerten" anymore. However, it was really nice experience though...

Thx for the info, anyway.

[Post New]by Orpah_Deborah on Apr 20, 10 11:18 PM
The cheat was not at all help full for me. Tried again and again but nothing helped.

[Post New]by jebsen on May 28, 10 3:56 AM
It also works for from time to time. I was really annoyed with the game, because I ALWAYS got the crappy hand and the others always the great flush and full house... I also type it before he starts dealing. As it does not always work, it just makes it a bit more fun to actually have some luck, as it was absolutely impossible for me to escape san baba.

So keep trying!

[Post New]by Phil2010 on May 29, 10 7:23 PM
I tried this cheat and I got the timing down on when to type POKERTEN. Anyhow turned it on to play tonight and the glitch seems to be stuck. Everytime without typing the cheat it deals me the royal flush in clubs. Also I noticed in the cash games if you type in this code it does not seem to work. Typed it in 3 or 4 times in a row and was an Ace of diamonds and 3 of clubs everytime and absolutely nothing in the flop to go with em. So does anyone know if it works in the cash games cuz it doesnt work for me in those.

[Post New]by Phil2010 on May 29, 10 7:28 PM
oh one other quick note. I have noticed for me anyways I dont have to type the entire pokerten in. Just hitting the P key works for me and it seems it will turn the cheat on and off at anytime durning the hand. As for kicks I typed the P key in after getting the A and K of club and the 9D JC and 4S in the flop, next was 8H instead of 10C, so I hit the P key again after that and then the next card was the QC. So I am pretty sure you only have to hit the P key and can turn the cheat on and off at anytime during the hand, grant it u may have to turn it on at first when the dealer is dealing.

[Post New]by jebsen on May 30, 10 3:41 AM
I'll try the P-thing.

[Post New]by jebsen on Jun 4, 10 1:18 AM
It works! So I can turn it on and off, like you said. It's so annoying to always have the bad cards, so now I can progress and use it from time to time.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jun 4, 10 1:24 AM
There is a Govenor of Poker 2 coming soon, can't wait, but have never tried the cheat bit.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Jun 27, 10 2:48 AM
Could someone of you please answer the following question?

- Do you type "pokerten" when the game is paused??? Because as soon as I type "p" the game pauses.

- Or do you have to type "okerten" dyring the paused game?

And then you simply click ok??

Thank you sooooooo much for answering this, because my problem is that as soon as I type "p" the game is paused!!!

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 27, 10 8:06 AM
@ cooksta => Thanks for the amazing tip!

@ Jaboulka => Wait until just as dealer starts dealing to do your typing; time it by sound of the chips; you need to be fast; watch closely dealer's hands & as he's about to start dealing, start typing.

Sometimes, cheat / timing of typing messes up a bit, so just keep typing in the pokerten (& I hit enter but don't know whether that's actually necessary?) between rounds while game is in progress. Naturally do your betting steps also.

Finally, at some point, you will win. After this, once cheat has already worked one time, game will keep giving you Ace-King Clubs into hand & straight or royal flush will be appearing every hand (without you needing to type in anything at all ). Thus, easily you will win thousands & each tournament.

Definitely I need the cheat as on my own I could not even get out of the first town--and that's playing on easy mode.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Jun 27, 10 10:16 AM
Janie42, thank you very much for your reply, but could you please reply to the following?

1. When I press "P" (for pokerten) the game pauses. DOES THIS HAPPEN TO YOU AS WELL?

2. If yes do you keep typing "OKERTEN" since you already typed the "P"?

Could you please answer me these questions? because I did understand the importance of the timing, but since it does not work for me I imagine that it is because of the game pausing every time I type "P".

Thank you !

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 27, 10 3:13 PM
@ Jaboulka,
Ah, NO my game does NOT pause when I hit "p" for the typing. Could it be some Windows "keyboard shortcut" you have made, maybe?
For me, dealer just keeps dealing as I type, so definitely the pausing is your problem.
Sorry I do not know how you can make that stop.
Wish you luck to figure it out.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Jun 27, 10 4:02 PM
Thank you Janie42, I will stop typing pokernet as crazy and try to find a solution for the pause

NanaLoona
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Aug 12, 10 1:51 PM
This really does work! Unless typing p pauses your game. Sorry about that. Anyway, in a tournament or against Ron Dixie, it worked like a charm. What I found is that when you type in "pokerten" it might not work on the first round. Let that hand play out and it should work on the next hand. Don't type "pokerten" in again because that turns it off. I'll turn it on, play a few hands where I win, and then turn it off by typing "pokerten" again.

I can't get it to work in a cash game. It will work in tournaments and against town bosses. Using it got me out of San Saba!

Nana

[Post New]by slamdunkan on Aug 18, 10 11:59 PM
You only have to type "pokerton" twice. One when everybody's handed their cards in and two, when you are about to call/check/raise. I have found this has an unfortunate consequence when using it in cash games because the person next to you ends up with the amazing hand everytime. So if you use that cheat in a cash game leave straight away. P.S. there is no pause on addicting games, so use the cheat there.

[Post New]by RisingX123 on Nov 4, 10 9:07 PM
hey u guyz if u play governor of poker in addicting games,when u press "P" it will not pause and u can tap pokerten freely .but if u press pokerten 1 time,plz dont tap pokerten again,or the cheat will turn off.enjoy~~^_^

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 9:09:56 PM PST

Go to: