vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Calling all virtual families experts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 9, 09 9:49 AM
D'yknow what? I played the demo and was bored and very unimpressed (though I loved the first two). And yet in the forums there are constant comments about this game. Is it much better that I thought? Is it worth buying? What's so great about it? Thank you!

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

Re:Calling all virtual families experts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 9, 09 9:54 AM
I play it every day. there are goals to be reached, some are simple, some take many generations. There is not a lot of excitement in this game, but it only takes a few minutes at a time to check on the peeps. I don't often have time to get involved in a game, always jumping up for something, so a game with no time pressure is ideal for me. Use your own judgement, if you like a faster paced game, pass on it. Since you did not like the demo you probably won't be happy with the game. It is fun, but does get boring watching them work, that's why I only spend a few minutes with them at a time.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 9, 09 10:11 AM
Thank you!

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 9, 09 10:14 AM
you're welcome

Libby97
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Libby97 on Apr 13, 10 2:20 PM
i agree with princesschaos1st (awesome name by the way) its great andworth buying, and you proberly thought it was rubbsh in the free trial because u cant achieve much in 60 minutes on this game .. hope i helped

kgains
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by kgains on May 2, 10 12:20 PM
Libby97 wrote:i agree with princesschaos1st (awesome name by the way) its great andworth buying, and you proberly thought it was rubbsh in the free trial because u cant achieve much in 60 minutes on this game .. hope i helped

I agree with libby who agrees with princess.

Libby97
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Libby97 on May 3, 10 2:39 PM

[Post New]by soccerlover13 on Jun 13, 10 6:40 PM
This game is VERY addicting

beast_it13
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Calling all virtual families experts

[Post New]by beast_it13 on Jun 27, 10 11:17 AM
vicalana wrote:D'yknow what? I played the demo and was bored and very unimpressed (though I loved the first two). And yet in the forums there are constant comments about this game. Is it much better that I thought? Is it worth buying? What's so great about it? Thank you!

I think this game appeals to a certain kind of person.
So maybe you're just nor that type, and all the people posting are just that type.

kysha111
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by kysha111 on Jun 28, 10 11:14 AM
I think its worth buying, but make shure you know this : The game runs on real-time, so it takes time to get far in it. It isn't really a game that you can spend hours playing without getting bored.

Hope this helps!!!

meelybobs
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by meelybobs on Feb 13, 12 1:37 AM
It is a good time waster if you're bored. lolz! It's also nice to go on the forums and share your oppinion. I also like how you can sometimes get little choose pop-ups like in vv because you never know when they come and whats the right one to choose. I have bought this game on 3 or 4 computers in my house because i love it sooo much and must have played it for a good few years now!!! It is for a certain type though, so maybe it's just not your thing?

[Post New]by Virtualfamilies9 on Feb 13, 12 5:38 AM
kysha111 wrote:I think its worth buying, but make shure you know this : The game runs on real-time, so it takes time to get far in it. It isn't really a game that you can spend hours playing without getting bored.

Hope this helps!!!

Actually it works in a weird way time wize. Two hours real time is 2 years their time. So basically every hour is their birthday so to speak.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 13, 12 9:37 AM
I check on my families (I have 5) at least once each day and sometimes twice. I've been playing for over a year and will continue until one of them gets all the trophies. One of my families only needs 3 more bugs and another needs 4 bugs. It's a cute enjoyable time passer.

Go to: